small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Is it worth it to try and buy something from Oki-Ni from the US? I've heard a lot of bad things about customs and shipping times. Is there any secret to getting your stuff from there without regretting it?

Anyone digging the new H&M slim faux leather jacket? I was originally looking for something with a short collar and epaulets, but this one looks really good without those anyway. I'm thinking of getting it, opinions?

Anyone digging the new H&M slim faux leather jacket? I was originally looking for something with a short collar and epaulets, but this one looks really good without those anyway. I'm thinking of getting it, opinions?

hey i seen it at the store feels and looks really cheap, not worth the little mmoney they are asking, id just sring the 150 and cop the real leather one they are selling

Sometimes yes, ive seen some nice ones and some shit ones. The fake leathers almost always are not worth a penny though if you get a real one the fit is awesome on them very tight

so how did u guys pronounce uniqlo?

i heard....uni key lo, unique clo, uni ku lu, and...ku lu ku lu.....

you-nick-low

can anyone identify the specific model of this jacket:

(i think its some apex version, but i cant tell)

13171902cb01f851ccdf9c9b31daeca2bd1.jpg

and these moccasins:

6188PurpShoe3web.jpg

Thought I'd up this again...anyone have an opinion on these shirts?

joey says they're pretty mediocre, and I'm willing to take his word for it.

i am looking for tank tops with a pocket attached like the dior ss06 versions... anyone have any ideas?

i though AA would had jumped on the bandwagon..unfortunately not...

Obedient Sons did a couple tanks like this. Don't know if Blackbird has any left.

Anyone know online stockists that have the raf patent astro sneakers in stock? I only know seven-NY and they're sold out there. Need a pair in size 46.

These are pretty much sold out everywhere. Best bet would be auction sites.

you-nick-low

can anyone identify the specific model of this jacket:

(i think its some apex version, but i cant tell)

13171902cb01f851ccdf9c9b31daeca2bd1.jpg

EDIT: i have this coat. cant remember the model name, yep, its the apex bionic jacket . tag says its from back in S07, style # AF1X.

i need to get a suit for a wedding - i was contemplating getting a suit at the thrift store - problem is that most of the time they are only slightly bigger than i want etc etc - question! will at tailor be able to size down an already made suit for me? and if so, what can i expect the prices to be around? thanks in advance

Fit around the chest and shoulders is most important, as those are the hardest to alter. You should be able to snugly (but not tightly) fit your fist in between yourself and the buttoned jacket. Also, the shoulder seam should gently follow the line of your shoulder. Even with extensive tailoring, a thrifted suit will probably still be cheaper than a new one.

Fit around the chest and shoulders is most important, as those are the hardest to alter. You should be able to snugly (but not tightly) fit your fist in between yourself and the buttoned jacket. Also, the shoulder seam should gently follow the line of your shoulder. Even with extensive tailoring, a thrifted suit will probably still be cheaper than a new one.

yeah thats what i figured - what abut length? i'm in between a 36 and 38 but some of them are regular lengths and they're just too long(i'm 5'6) - and should the waist on pants be easy to tailor?

EDIT: also - what about with shirts? best bet would be to find some that are also fitting in the chest/shoulders huh?

This has probably been asked to date, but the rule of thumb for BoO is size up 1 correct? I'm a medium in Ervell and a 50 in Geller for reference, so I was thinking of going with a large.

Also is sizing this fall consistent with previous seasons? I imagine it is...