denim rubberneckers...

snugglepony

''I was visiting my son at University yesterday , was wearing a pair of 1952 101z and a worn 507xx .''

i wanna be like this when my daughter goes off to 'uni'. +rep

I have a 10yr old daughter also and I will still be wearin the same when she goes too... fuck . i'll be 52 then. Oh well , your are as old as you feel !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Very guilty of rubberneckin. Had a situation this morning of a double/mutual rubberneck as I eyed up his Sda jeans and he eyed up my Atelier jacket and 66 lee's. Our eyes met across a crowded tube station.

Ships that passed. Sigh ;)

dude, its not always cool to go around flipping people's cuffs. you could get your ass-whopped. plus you could be playing yourself, cause all official/authentic evisus aren't selvage. wise man say ''knowledge proceeds speech and action''. my supervisor at my old job used to have dumb shit to say about my 'tight jeans', but when i asked him to flip his cuff, he admantly refused. dude benches like 300, so i didn't 'press' the issue, pun intended. there are so many fakes the real ones stick out like a cock in a whore-house anyway.

What tube station were you at Mr Black? I had a whole double-rubberneck-denim-ass-clad-mutual-check-out-thang couple of weeks ago with a guy in sda's at Green Park - I was wearing SC 55's and an old N1 deck jacket.

Maybe there should be a secret wink or handshake or something. The first rule of SuFu is, you don't talk about SuFu!

It was at East finchley.

Had another moment later on as I got off at baker street. Guy in not sure what, but good looking jeans, black barbour international, yellow tootal & brogues. Looked V sharp but he didn't notice me. sniff. unrequited love. ha ha:D

Perhaps there should be a sufu badge one wears inside a lapel or under a pocket flap that you can do a quick flash of :)

What tube station were you at Mr Black? I had a whole double-rubberneck-denim-ass-clad-mutual-check-out-thang couple of weeks ago with a guy in sda's at Green Park - I was wearing SC 55's and an old N1 deck jacket.

Maybe there should be a secret wink or handshake or something. The first rule of SuFu is, you don't talk about SuFu!

Haven't had an experience yet, except for at kinokuniya, where I was checking out the newest issues of Lightning. This dude was there already in front of the magazine rack so we paused and stared at each other. He was an older gentleman and his eyes went straight to my cuff. Felt kind of pervy so I stepped upstairs.

I did manage to convert some of friends who knew diddly squat about denim. Now they be rockin' Oni Blues, Denime XX, PBJ-007's and Sugarcane '47's. Met this young kid recently and got him to rock some Warehouse 660's.

• 3 weeks later...

I do it but with a 98% failure rate. All I see around my school are non-selvedge Evisus and Pumavisus which are generally sized up 5 and cuffed (lol). The only respectable high-end jeans worn are Nudies but only one girl I've seen wears them (Slim Kim washed but kudos to her for not giving in to the TR/R&R/7FAM hype)

I converted i friend of mine at school, he is wearing a pair of apc's now with a custom hollows long wallet!

As a matter of fact, today at school i saw a kid i know wearing a pair of (fake) evisu, i walked right up to him and without even asking i turn the bottom of the jean inside-out and dont see any selvage. I say "Nice fake evisu." and walk away... felt like a denim pimp!

wow cool guy.................... you know all evisus arent selvage right? neg.

i always find myself checking out back pockets. unfortunately, all i ever see is american eagle/mallbrand jeans or lee/wrangler (not repro, wal-mart). imagine a world where "fashion" means your beer cozy matches your crocs. this is the world i live in.

i always find myself checking out back pockets. unfortunately, all i ever see is american eagle/mallbrand jeans or lee/wrangler (not repro, wal-mart). imagine a world where "fashion" means your beer cozy matches your crocs. this is the world i live in.

yea its terrible

1 in 2 guys in my school have sevens or diesel

1 in 3 girls have abercrombie

2 out 1600 wear raw and only one wears it often

most of the people I see round NC wear Levi's. either 514s, 501s, or 527s and such. I've gotten my brother into it and he used to be a STF man, now I've got him hooked on LVC 1937s.

I got rubbernecked at SXSW. The guy asked what my jeans were, he told me his were BIG 660s (they looked really awesome, well faded). i suggested he must know of superfuture, and he said he did and reads it sometimes. that was about the end of the conversation.

We should totally make a denim spotted thread haha. There would probably be like 1% of the people on here be like oh that was me! But I did notice this dude rocking a Flat Head winter flannel shirt in blue at the restaurant I was working at in Westchester. I was totally jealous.

i work with a lot of workers/rednecks and man they have the sickest fades, all levis, Wranglers, Rustler, Lee shit like that. and beat to shit RW's doesnt' hurt either.

yea im down here 60 miles north of houston. i eat at this authentic/dirt poor service/straight from mexico restaurant all the time and the workers and day laborers that come in there have the sickest fades i have ever seen. i really want to give one of them a pair of nicer denim and see what they can do with it.

Wasn't sure where to post this since there's no denim stories thread, but this will do. Anyways I was at the local grocery store when I saw this farmer and his wife. Now it isn't rare to see local farmers at the grocery store as my school is in a somewhat rural area (Michigan State, big on agriculture too) but as soon as I saw him in the corner of my eye my jaws dropped in amazement. He had on a pair of Levi's (probably bought from Sears or Walmart, wouldn't be surprised) with the most ridiculous fading...high contrast whiskers, train tracks, roping galore with one leg tucked into his boot all nonchalant like he didn't give a fuck, it was some of the most inspiring wear on jeans I've ever seen in person. Needless to say, I couldn't stare too long or even take a picture as the man looked like he would shoot me with a shotgun or at least throw an ax at me if he had one for giving him looks....but just goes to show what real hard wear can do regardless of the denim.

Sorry I realize this is pointless without pics, but inspiring nonetheless!

whenever i go to lowes or home depot i always see sick fades on cheap denim. imagine if it were rope-dyed...:rolleyes:

i just had a dude at my job try to donate me a pair of ''name brand'' jeans. he thought i was wearing the same pair for 5 months cause i couldn't help it. then i explained why i actually cant help it cause i love the denim....

ah you guys are so lucky, i just get dark ass nudies(one at ICP last thrusday, he looked like a douche so i didn't say anything) and sort of faded stonewashed levi's on contruction workers at the park when i run, but it smells like sewer where they work so i can't look long

I goto school in north UT so I see plenty of sick wranglers on the agriculture major raised-on-a-farm true blooded cowboys matched with bad ass looking cowboy boots. These guys invented the look too many 'city slickers' on here try and copy.

There is one guy on campus straight out of "walker, texas ranger" complete with the coated black overcoat, blue wranglers and black cowboy hat. Intimidating guy, probably about 7 foot :eek:

They wear ever piece for total utility and without a hint of irony.

Other than that, there is a guy who wears evisu in my engineering classes - probably one of the best dressed guys in there. Too bad he FUCKING STINKS of body odor. Where ever he sits there is an empty 5 foot radius around him. blows my mind how he can be so fashion concious yet smell so goddamn bad.

I rubberneck at anything that looks even kind of raw. Shameful, yeah.

Mostly I've been disappointed, but I saw some APCs at a Costco three days ago, and one of my friends is at around 10 months with his Nudies. For some reason, I can't help but glance at his heavily repaired back pockets every couple of minutes....

• 1 month later...

2nd hand rubbernecking for me. I got a text message about 5mins ago...

"Random thing lol. Just saw a girl at Manchester Station with a light blue Yamane bag like yours and she said that her mom gave it to her. Her mom was wearing a proper nice pair of plain pockets 2000's! Weird or What?"

Rep for anyone who can guess the sender lol

wow, some more Nudie thin finns :eek:.... saw these 3 guys at KFC a few days ago ; all had brand new Thin Finns w/ no fades..

in the past month:

thin finn organic, young asian dude at yonge+eg

average joe, old asian man with family at yonge+king

apc ns, guy with a fitted queen+spadina

thin finn, student with 2 friends at dundas stn.

apc nc, skinny white dude w/ girl - really nice fade, bayview+eglinton

ya i should relax :/