Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read through this thread a few times and I am still not too sure as to what size PBJ xx005 I should look into getting. I have a pair of SSDS in a 32 waist which have stretched to be too big and my friend let me try on his RRDS in a 31 which were a year old and never washed or soaked and they fit comfortable. I am torn between getting a 32 or even sizing up again to 33 due to hearing about how small the thigh areas are. I am looking for a slim fit to sag a little bit and be the perfect pair of jeans for Vans eras or authentics. Any help would be great thanks.

I have read through this thread a few times and I am still not too sure as to what size PBJ xx005 I should look into getting. I have a pair of SSDS in a 32 waist which have stretched to be too big and my friend let me try on his RRDS in a 31 which were a year old and never washed or soaked and they fit comfortable. I am torn between getting a 32 or even sizing up again to 33 due to hearing about how small the thigh areas are. I am looking for a slim fit to sag a little bit and be the perfect pair of jeans for Vans eras or authentics. Any help would be great thanks.

Size up 1 or 2 from what you think you wear.

^

that is way to much, they will be too loose. imo, find the size that fits well in the upper-thigh area and work around that. i buy true to size in pbj (except for my 008's, which had some weird sizing issues), because i like a loose fit in the pbj's. so if you don't have a problem in the upper-thigh area in your true waist size measurement, get that one. it sounds like your a 32 so that would be what i would recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

quick question...i just got a pair off another member here, he said he did a overnight soak and everything has shrunk down to the BIG post-wash measurement chart (I mean almost exactly), except the waist. after wash, etc. do these usually shrink down to the post-wash measurement in the waist too?

oh yeah, and I assume that they won't shrink past the one-wash measurements, correct?

Been reading this thread through now and although a lot of ppl obviously wear these (or at least have them in their possesion), there are unreasonably few pics w/ fades and wear. My pair have been shelved for a while since I wasn't too happy with the fit. My hip-to-thigh ratio is moderately fucked so even though the waist is good, they're not very skinny/slim on me. At the moment though, I'm starting to appreciate a more relaxed fit (which incidentally I think works better with my build) so I'm thinking about busting these out. The few pics w/ wear have been beautiful though.

do these usually shrink down to the post-wash measurement in the waist too?

oh yeah, and I assume that they won't shrink past the one-wash measurements, correct?

Yes to both. The reason the waist ins't post wash anymore is because they were most likely worn after the soak/wash or at least tried on.

Been reading this thread through now and although a lot of ppl obviously wear these (or at least have them in their possesion), there are unreasonably few pics w/ fades and wear.

I like mine and wear them regularly but it's usually somewhere where I'm not doing much so they have zero wear and except for the creasing they still look like new. I spend most of my time in suits so outside of that I picked a pair of jeans to wear down long before I though of buying these and I'm not about to switch now. It has taken a year to see any fades on just one pair. I wouldn't be able to do two. But once they are nicely worn in I'll switch to the 005s.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest noogsahoy
My new black xx-005s. Thought I'd post fit pics because there aren't a whole lot in larger sizes.

size 33, I usually wear a 32 in most brands, 33 in skulls. I'm 6'1" and 185lbs

2550y3c.jpg

nice fit dude!

• 3 weeks later...