Show Us Your Shoes

mikecch

Happy to support your thread Mike! :)

I'm away on a training course, so I couldn't take fresh shots. But when I get home I'll also take pics of my Duluth Trading boots, as well as my blunnies! :)

Same old stuff…

Service boots

6163353822_bdd6decf70_z.jpg

Danner Japan

6162818437_ce5f8c8255_z.jpg

Alden #8 plain toe

6163355794_f169570be1_z.jpg

And my much loved Cigar Indy's!

6163350348_d3ea1f5085_z.jpg

Trickers Stow in Marron . Unfortunately I am parting with these as after 8yrs outside I am back to an office environement in 2wks . So hello black Trickers , which i am going buy along with some additional office wear . As opposed to jeans / workshirts I have been wearing . If anyone is interested pm me , boots are UK8 width 5 .

002-22.jpg

Trickers Stow in Marron . Unfortunately I am parting with these as after 8yrs outside I am back to an office environement in 2wks . So hello black Trickers , which i am going buy along with some additional office wear . As opposed to jeans / workshirts I have been wearing . If anyone is interested pm me , boots are UK8 width 5 .

You going all formal on us now, Mike? I've been doing something similar recently, bulding up a little collection of formals and semi-formals.

If you're after a decently-priced place to start, you could do worse than start looking here.

You going all formal on us now, Mike? I've been doing something similar recently, bulding up a little collection of formals and semi-formals.

If you're after a decently-priced place to start, you could do worse than start looking here.

Thanks Ben , I only found out today , realised I have f..k all formal except a wedding/funeral suit . There is a dress code so I have to do some spending . Ironically I have been intending to keep these , which I may yet do dependent on how much I may get for them .

I pretty much cleared out all the footwear I owned , some which I should have now kept !! Actaully have a pair of Hoggs brogue country boots I picked up for £95 , new old stock , arriving tomorrow . I bought these for winter as they were only £15 more expensive than a commando resole ( incl postage )of the Stows . Hope all is going well with you .

Cheers Mike, same to you. I've decided to smarten up a little for work (always been business casual), so been out looking for vintage and second-hand suits with a view to getting them altered.

Possibly slightly off-topic (and an appalling pic), but these are the AS Edgeware oxfords worn with a nearly perfectly-fitting vintage suit found at the weekend:

scaled.php?server=607&filename=imag0410v.jpg&res=medium

I can vouch for the service at AFPOS, too. I'll get some pics up of the AS oxfords I got from them soon.

Plus, they sell Saphir shoe care products. Although, has to said, I'm very impressed with C&J's own brand of shoe polish, which isn't made by Saphir...

When I got the Kelso from them they sent a free jar of Saphir in the box. Nice touch.

Cheers Mike, same to you. I've decided to smarten up a little for work (always been business casual), so been out looking for vintage and second-hand suits with a view to getting them altered.

Possibly slightly off-topic (and an appalling pic), but these are the AS Edgeware oxfords worn with a nearly perfectly-fitting vintage suit found at the weekend:

Very smart indeed ! I would usually wear dark colours formally but will see what i come across . I will be ok with jacket / trousers / shirt combo not necessarily a suit , but worn well a suit looks looks great . Will probably go for black shoes but as I siad above depends what formal clothes I choose . Now I think of it a shop in Belfast was doing Churchs oxfords/brogues for £200 during the summer , might check them out this weekend .

Very smart indeed ! I would usually wear dark colours formally but will see what i come across . I will be ok with jacket / trousers / shirt combo not necessarily a suit , but worn well a suit looks looks great . Will probably go for black shoes but as I siad above depends what formal clothes I choose . Now I think of it a shop in Belfast was doing Churchs oxfords/brogues for £200 during the summer , might check them out this weekend .

I'd not wear black unless it was with a formal navy or dark grey suit (with tie). Other colours are more versatile, in my humble opinion. Those posted above are in 'marronite', a deep burgundy.

Church's shoes are well regarded, but I've heard of a lot of people not liking their 'binder' leather (corrected grain, some say). Cheaney might be a more affordable option, plus the Cheaney brand is now British-owned again - apparently the Church family have bought back the Cheaney brand from Prada, who bought Church's some time ago...

I'd not wear black unless it was with a formal navy or dark grey suit (with tie). Other colours are more versatile, in my humble opinion. Those posted above are in 'marronite', a deep burgundy.

Church's shoes are well regarded, but I've heard of a lot of people not liking their 'binder' leather (corrected grain, some say). Cheaney might be a more affordable option, plus the Cheaney brand is now British-owned again - apparently the Church family have bought back the Cheaney brand from Prada, who bought Church's some time ago...

The marronite longwings caught my eye . Any of the Cheaney footwear I have viewed has looked great cosmetically but lacked substance if you get my meaning (lightweight !!) The Churchs I looked at during summer where custom grade consul and chetwynd , can't comment on the uppers , though they looked ok for £200 but overpriced new at £370 .

Keeping the Trickers I posted pics of a few days ago , decided on a commando resole/ heel instead . They were just to nice to sell off !!!

Still looking out for something formal , will hit the city tomorrow . There are Churchs , C&J , Cheaney , Trickers retailers in Belfast so let hope there are some bargains about !!!

Keeping the Trickers I posted pics of a few days ago , decided on a commando resole/ heel instead . They were just to nice to sell off !!!

Still looking out for something formal , will hit the city tomorrow . There are Churchs , C&J , Cheaney , Trickers retailers in Belfast so let hope there are some bargains about !!!

Did you go for those marronite longings CTB posted the link to on A Fine Pair of Shoes?

Well , was in Belfast this morning and seen some nice bargains - a pair of C&J connaught oxfords for £95 and the same shop still has Chruchs chetwynd and Consul at £200 , all new . However got these -

004-12.jpg

006-8.jpg

002-23.jpg

Happy enough , they are a 7 1/2F which I also fit in a generic Loake but ironically in a Trickers Stow I take an 8 . Dont need to wear them for a few weeks so might ebay them then go back and see what else I can get !

Hi all!

Just because horsehide is so awesome (and because this new thread is fantastic :P), TheBlackGoat has come up with an interesting group buy - a pair of service-style boots with a half-brogue toe-cap, made with Horween's burgundy Chromexcel (i.e. vegetable re-tanned) horse butt leather!!!

To my knowledge no such configuration in a service boot exists currently... the burgundy CXL horsebutt will be a perfect balance between pure veg. tanned horsehide and cordovan - retaining the fascinating horsehide grain of the former whilst approaching the greasiness & shine of the latter.

The details are yet to be confirmed, but we are approaching a couple of boot makers (one of whom is ready to hop on board!) and I'll post up more details here in the next days/weeks.

If you are keen to know more, please shoot me a PM if you don't already have my e-mail.

For an idea of what the leather actually looks like, see here & here.