Show Us Your Shoes

mikecch

Hi all!

Just because horsehide is so awesome (and because this new thread is fantastic :P), TheBlackGoat has come up with an interesting group buy - a pair of service-style boots made with Horween's burgundy Chromexcel (i.e. vegetable re-tanned) horse butt leather!!!

To my knowledge no such configuration in a service boot exists currently... the burgundy CXL horsebutt will be a perfect balance between pure veg. tanned horsehide and cordovan - retaining the fascinating horsehide grain of the former whilst approaching the greasiness & shine of the latter.

If you are keen to know more, please shoot me a PM if you don't already have my e-mail.

For an idea of what the leather actually looks like, see here & here.

Update:

We have found a traditional and respected boot-maker to craft our project boots...currently I estimate the delivery time will be around February/March, and the pricing may be between $250 to $300 (unconfirmed).

Please contact me to receive more details via the project newsletter if you would like a pair of lovely horsehide boots :D

• 2 months later...