Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

actually i dont see TTM's pair falling apart. its coming along real nicely and i think the slight scratches and ripping of the denim thread are just the quality of good ol' denim getting their fair share of wear. I think giving TTM's pair another 2 more months the jeans will still hold up nicely with very good contrasting fades.

well its up to one's definition of the term "falling apart"

on another note, DCDenim you call Sayocean a hater but all i see is you starting shit up. i dont know man, pretty soon there might be a "DCDenim FanClub too" :rolleyes:

if only i had a pair of levis 501 STFs, please someone proxy me a pair please.

^^^

yep, that's why TTM's pair is falling apart after 2 months...

yeah, the guys at mynudies are wearing their jeans REAL hard

Trip-Jeans071.jpg

lmao, even your fugly pair is already light blue with no contrast anywhere. (even after bumping up the contrast)

ps. 501s aren't 1/1000th the quality of RRLs but it doesn't surprise me you don't know anything about that either.. You're nothing but a hater and a hypocrite but it's alright, you don't matter...

This might be too advanced for you but you do understand that if you're going to post a picture, its to the best of your advantage to post a RELEVANT picture right? You're bitching about something "falling apart" yet you post a picture of someone's 501s that indicate no such thing.

And FYI, "light blue" is actually called fading. It's when part of the fabric, be it denim or what have you, comes in contact with something and friction creates wear. Its good, you're learning something new everyday. Must be hard to keep your half brain active when the zookeepers only let you out once a week. But we're all pulling for ya, just hang in there fucktard.

Oh and if you could please explain how you came up with the "1/1000th" figure, I'd appreciate it. I knew RRLs were better than 501s but I didn't realize that they were 1000x better. I too have a lot to learn.

Better pics of my 501s...

No contrast changes at all..just in front of screen door with obviously natural light (bright day if that matters to you)

levi501004.jpg

levi501003.jpg

levi501002.jpg

levi501005.jpg

Yes, the hems are falling apart, no the rest of it isnt, theyre just a bit long when im walking in the house. You're right DC, theyre not the best, but I don't think theyre as bad as you make them out to be =\

Guest DCDenim

The picture is completely relevant. If you would remove the tampon out of your ass and stop whining for a minute, maybe you would catch my drift.

People who treat their jeans seriously (TTM) have crotch blowouts and holes forming after 2 short months (40-50 wears.) If TTM squats, his jeans would probably tear right up his ass crack.

People who treat the 501 contest as a joke (95% of nudie participants) have jeans that still look like new simply because they don't wear them.

anyway, sayocean, I can see why cheap 501s last you forever, you are only 5'3'' and probably 100lbs. it's different for us 6 footers with muscular legs who weigh almost twice as much as you do, beating up our denims.

The picture is completely relevant. If you would remove the tampon out of your ass and stop whining for a minute, maybe you would catch my drift.

People who treat their jeans seriously (TTM) have crotch blowouts and holes forming after 2 short months (40-50 wears.) If TTM squats, his jeans would probably tear right up his ass crack.

People who treat the 501 contest as a joke (95% of nudie participants) have jeans that still look like new simply because they don't wear them.

anyway, sayocean, I can see why cheap 501s last you forever, you are only 5'3'' and probably 100lbs. it's different for us 6 footers with muscular legs who weigh almost twice as much as you do, beating up our denims.

^ that post was 100% homo, 0% logic. On par for a typical DCDenim fuck up, not surprised.

- now unless you and TTM have a very magical thing going, how the fuck do you know how hard he is wearing his jeans. How the FUCK does TTM's picture show any crotch blowouts or holes "forming after 2 short months". And you'd know that if TTM squats he'd rip the shit out of his crotch because??

Guest DCDenim
How the FUCK does TTM's picture show any crotch blowouts or holes
And yes the crotch is as bad as it looks. These pictures do the wear justice in that region. Feeling it now I could probably force my finger to tear through the big white streak.
Can you read?

Funny I didn't notice anything homo about it. I guess some of us are more secure than others.

Anyway, takes one to know one, right, sayocean?

3358547752_9e7d3e428b_o.jpg

3358547740_4f72fd286d_o.jpg

3358547744_acaf637e08_o.jpg

You just don't understand it do you? We're talking about you posting RELEVANT pictures to support your bitching. When you bitch about crotch blowouts and then go ahead and post a picture of TTM's 501s that show no such thing, you're already shot credibility is further questioned. Ask your boy for a crotch shot and try again. Now I've posted some images, RELEVANT images, that support MY opinion that you're a funny clown.

Funny I didn't notice anything homo about it. I guess some of us are more secure than others.

Anyway, takes one to know one, right, sayocean?

This is classic gold. I guess most of us aren't retarded homophobic hypocrites like you bud.

I have to say.. I was excited about the new cut. I thought that I would have an inexpensive alernative to LVC 47's.

After 3 months or so... I'm not a fan. The cut isn't even in the ballpark. The thighs on the STF's are huge and billowy and I sized down 2 from my LVC waist size. The old STF cut with the higher rise is slimmer on the thighs than these.

Thus, these jeans are now known as my "dad jeans" and I put them on when I'm feeling sexless.

haha funny you say that, my roommates where clowning me the other day cuz my pants are "tight." but of course they are wear pants down off their ass.

i had to wash them today, i put them on and they felt WAY to grimy to be comfortable.

3366589033_73630d2749.jpg

the patch is getting thrashed.

3367412196_748c619f5e.jpg

3366589013_406a2517e2.jpg

to be honest, slim isnt really what these jeans can bring to the table. if you want tapered slim, the tailor is your best bet, but sizing down too much imo doesn't work too well

all in all, it mostly depends on your body type as I see it, I think generally fuller legs fit well in these, but of course there are exceptions

the hems on my 34 waist are at around 8.5 inches, so I guess it wouldn't be out of the imagination to get these to look slimmer

to be honest, slim isnt really what these jeans can bring to the table. if you want tapered slim, the tailor is your best bet, but sizing down too much imo doesn't work too well

all in all, it mostly depends on your body type as I see it, I think generally fuller legs fit well in these, but of course there are exceptions

the hems on my 34 waist are at around 8.5 inches, so I guess it wouldn't be out of the imagination to get these to look slimmer

how slim can these go? i don't want skin tight, but i hate too baggy.

i kind of want to buy a pair but i don't know if it's going to be a waste of money or not.

your true waist size fits tight/fitted, anything less than true waist is very tight. i cant believe how people never talk about how much the inseam shrinks. i normally wear 36x32 in 501 or 505 but for STF 36 or 38 waist and a wopping 36 inseam. hope this helps

For anybody in San Francisco, Kaplan's Surplus on Market has them for $27, which isn't too special, but they do have a ridiculous selection of sizes (including some 60x36s). They also have black ones. In general just a much better selection on STFs than the Levi's store just a few blocks away.

Here they are at 3.5 weeks a few hours after a first and only soak

jean4yu3.jpg

Here they are now, notice the tacky stitching of the ripped combs in the back.

33009.jpg

Some update on my Mynudies 501 contest pairs. 76 total days of wear, 3 months in. Not even considering a soak yet, these babies are no where near. The honeycombs are turning out to be a REAL slow wear area for me.

3413048404_fba43b6fb0.jpg

3413047826_5d5c67ff42.jpg3412243155_69d425e05b.jpg

3413047134_0cac8efbfa.jpg3413047422_74e68206a1.jpg

that poster is fucking boss. i wish i was remotely close to the places giving them away.

also, i have a pair of 501s i'm working on. 28x34, i was gonna size down one in the waist but they don't make 'em smaller than 28. still fit pretty slim except for the ridiculous kneebags. not gonna post a pic yet, i've only got like a month in them so there's not much to see. good combs forming though.