Samurai S5000 owners

Guest jeffvyain

i'm buying the 5000vx any day now. i was originally planning on getting a size 30. right now all i have is the new standard in a size 28, which were and are tight as hell. i was going for a slightly more relaxed fit, but still quite fitted in the seat area. I just want a 2nd opinion on the sizing. would a 30 be the correct size?

edit: i'm also trying to decide who to order from...whether to go direct through samurai or go through coldrice. i would guess that going through samurai would be the cheapest, but how long does shipping take? and would you guys consider ordering direct just as failsafe as going through coldrice?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm buying the 5000vx any day now. i was originally planning on getting a size 30. right now all i have is the new standard in a size 28, which were and are tight as hell. i was going for a slightly more relaxed fit, but still quite fitted in the seat area. I just want a 2nd opinion on the sizing. would a 30 be the correct size?

edit: i'm also trying to decide who to order from...whether to go direct through samurai or go through coldrice. i would guess that going through samurai would be the cheapest, but how long does shipping take? and would you guys consider ordering direct just as failsafe as going through coldrice?

well whats your waist size? size down 2.

definatley if youre getting the VX or the 5000xx size down, once or twice. and let your waist "STF" stretch to fit. so then you can control if you need to cold soak or not. i like to wear it straight raw. i dont want to soak it unless i have to. straihgt raw,imma give it to ya,with no trivia, like cocaine straight from bolivia - ODB.

Your jeans will rock and shock the nation like the emancipation proclimation.

the black samurai denim will be available by 8th August. this pair is really nice.

available to ship by the 10th of august. toshiko said that the bk is limited depending on the number of orders they receive. what does this mean? it won't be available in shops or the shops are included in determining the ordering quantity?

• 1 month later...

hjj, i think i tried on a 30 in the 5000vx and it was snug, so i would get a 31 and soak.

at BiG, they have a pair of super hard-washed distressed samurai 505's in size 29 which i could uncomfortably fit in. so i'll be fine in a 31.

greentea, i thought the 505 was the slimmest, but when gordon and i did a comparison on both, the 5000 was a smidgen slimmer. believe it or not.

BiG is getting a bunch of these BK's. there should be plenty to go around (i hope).

hjj, i think i tried on a 30 in the 5000vx and it was snug, so i would get a 31 and soak.

at BiG, they have a pair of super hard-washed distressed samurai 505's in size 29 which i could uncomfortably fit in. so i'll be fine in a 31.

hmmm! you would get 5000's in 31 and wear a 29 or 30 in 505? Ouch for me then. My 30 505's were really snug before stretching and are still snug in the waist, and I ordered a 29 5000. We'll see how this goes!

no!!!! i meant, i would get a 31 in both the 5000 and the 505.

sorry, for the confusion.

the reason i said a 29 in the 505 is because it was a super hard-washed distressed sample that they had at BiG. it was way too small, but i was able to fit in it. since i wouldn't be hardwashing it to that extent and also since i like to wear my jeans a lot looser, i would get a 31 in the 505.

btw, the distressed samurai 505 was sick, can i post here a post i made in the BiG thread about those?

ok, so this is the post from the BiG about the super hardwashed samurai 505's i saw yesterday:

"btw, guys, BiG has a sample of a distressed pair of samurai 505's.

a couple things i noticed.

a) the zipper buckling is practically non-existant. i don't know how they did it, but the samurai 505's don't get zipper buckling.

B) the denim is so beautiful and soft once it's distressed and hardwashed. there is a reason why samurai is known for it's beautiful wearing--it's because the denim can withstand heavy duty wear. very, very nice. although the raw denim starts out super-stiff, it becomes very, very soft and comfortable.

c) the denim retains a lot of it's color. even though the amount of hot washing had to have been high to achieve such shrinkage and softness, the denim still was pretty dark.

if you are in the area, definitely stop by to take a look at the hard-washed samurai 505s. you'll gain a new appreciation for samurai. i sure did."

no!!!! i meant, i would get a 31 in both the 5000 and the 505.

sorry, for the confusion.

the reason i said a 29 in the 505 is because it was a super hard-washed distressed sample that they had at BiG. it was way too small, but i was able to fit in it. since i wouldn't be hardwashing it to that extent and also since i like to wear my jeans a lot looser, i would get a 31 in the 505.

btw, the distressed samurai 505 was sick, can i post here a post i made in the BiG thread about those?

alright, thanks! maybe the 29s will be alright then.

ok, so this is the post from the BiG about the super hardwashed samurai 505's i saw yesterday:

"btw, guys, BiG has a sample of a distressed pair of samurai 505's.

a couple things i noticed.

a) the zipper buckling is practically non-existant. i don't know how they did it, but the samurai 505's don't get zipper buckling.

B) the denim is so beautiful and soft once it's distressed and hardwashed. there is a reason why samurai is known for it's beautiful wearing--it's because the denim can withstand heavy duty wear. very, very nice. although the raw denim starts out super-stiff, it becomes very, very soft and comfortable.

c) the denim retains a lot of it's color. even though the amount of hot washing had to have been high to achieve such shrinkage and softness, the denim still was pretty dark.

if you are in the area, definitely stop by to take a look at the hard-washed samurai 505s. you'll gain a new appreciation for samurai. i sure did."

hmm, the zipper on my 505s is a little buckley(?)

Also, the denim is not very stiff at all because there is very little starch in it. The 5000's are super stiff though.

hmm, the zipper on my 505s is a little buckley(?)

Also, the denim is not very stiff at all because there is very little starch in it. The 5000's are super stiff though.

a little buckley, but not extremely buckley like many people think it will be, even on a hardwash. it didn't look bad at all.

i think the difference between the stiffness on the 505 and the 5000 is the 2 ounce difference in weight. those 2 ounces make a big differences.

a little buckley, but not extremely buckley like many people think it will be, even on a hardwash. it didn't look bad at all.

i think the difference between the stiffness on the 505 and the 5000 is the 2 ounce difference in weight. those 2 ounces make a big differences.

yeah, it's only slightly buckley, not as much as you'd expect. not really that noticeable.

on the denim, I disagree with you. Toshiko even called the 505 denim soft. Also, when I soaked them the water didn't get as yellow/brown as with my SD's.

I dont think it's the weight that does the difference, but the amount of starch. My 15oz SD's are stiffer than my 505's. The weave on the 505's is a little looser too, but just a little.

yeah, it's only slightly buckley, not as much as you'd expect. not really that noticeable.

on the denim, I disagree with you. Toshiko even called the 505 denim soft. Also, when I soaked them the water didn't get as yellow/brown as with my SD's.

I dont think it's the weight that does the difference, but the amount of starch. My 15oz SD's are stiffer than my 505's. The weave on the 505's is a little looser too, but just a little.

yeah the 505s are not that rigid,yet it feels like its alot tougher. it reminded me of the stretching process of the sd103 it took sometime. though i didnt soak the 505, it has stretched 2" already in a month of wear.

ah, i see what you mean. that makes sense, because i didn't think 2 ounces could make that much of a difference. when i said the 505s were very rigid when raw, i meant in comparison to how soft they get when washed.

btw, i tried on the SO510XXIII and they were as soft as the 505's.