Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blue in green sent registered users an email concerning the blacks today....check your email if yr intersted...

They available again? I thought I was on their mailing list :(

Edit: nevermind, i just noticed the whole "registered" thing, heh

Got my S5000VX yesterday from BiG. Simply amazing jeans. I'm 6', 160 lbs and I got size 29. I normally wear size 30 in all my other jeans but heard you should size down in these. I soaked in warm water last night for about an hour and the fit is simply amazing. Absolutely no anti-fit diaper ass. The fit is very similar to my APC NS's only without a tapered leg. I think i've finally found my favorite pair and will post pictures later...

just an update on my s5000bk's

i've hot soaked and machined tumbled dry my sammies TWICE already, and they DID shrink down to tagged size. seat and leg fit MUCH better. i might have still been able to squeez into a 28, but right now, i'm REAL happy with these 29s. after a week or so, they have stretched to a 30. i can wear them with out a belt no prob. i think i like the fit on these better than my size 30 sda103.

eached time i soaked, the water turned pretty dark, by my jeans are still dark a hell. not to mention these fuckers are super tough.

BTW, is it me or does Samurai still have a full range of sizes available on their website?

i just noticed this. it seems that, hopefully, they added it to the regular rotation.

So let's say that I wear like a 31/32. These then stretch out to be a little baggy, but not too much of a problem for me.

If I got a 32 in the samurais, would this be tooooo big?

Considering I should size down, I would not be sizing down here.

Soaking them in the beginning would shrink them how much?

Where could I order a pair of these? BiG doesn't seem to have my size. :[

Does anyone have the measurements for a sz. 28 S5000vx/bk post-soak? I'm having a hard time choosing between 27 or 28 for the S5000BK pre-order, the sz29 S0500xx I got for the denim contest was far too big, and toshiko said the s5000's run a bit larger as well.

umm yeah I have a quick question

my brother is planning to purchase 5000vx in size 29

however the size is out of stock, and hes been itching to get it badly

he wears 29 in slim jim and his true waist is roughly 77cm

according to the samurai site, he should stick with size 29

however he wants to try to get the 28 (it's available), will this be a problem?

im thinking that a sold coak, or soaking by taking a shower while wearing the jeans, should be fine

any thoughts

umm yeah I have a quick question

my brother is planning to purchase 5000vx in size 29

however the size is out of stock, and hes been itching to get it badly

he wears 29 in slim jim and his true waist is roughly 77cm

according to the samurai site, he should stick with size 29

however he wants to try to get the 28 (it's available), will this be a problem?

im thinking that a sold coak, or soaking by taking a shower while wearing the jeans, should be fine

any thoughts

28 will probably work, but you should do a hit/warm soak. search.

hey guys, very interested in the s5000BK, if i can find a pair. I really need some black jeans, and I'm debating between these and the black PBJ XX-005's. I wear a 30 in rescue, and it fits kind of sloucy, which I like, though I've managed to keep the stretching seemingly to a minimum. If I really wanted to try and squeeze into a 29, I probably could have done so. What do you guys think I should do for the sammies? Probably a 31? It's what i've been leaning toward and I can see that this site (http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s5000bk/) still has them for sale, apparently, in the size i'm thinking of. All of the pics of the BK's have just been so beautiful, i feel i need to have a pair of black japanese jeans :cool:

got my vx's today in 29 (thanks stu) and they run pretty huge. the leg is even wider than my 29 RRDS after a soak. the watari measures like 29cm. should i expect more shrinkage in the width of it or should i just put it up on the supermarket?

edit: i can do the waist up relatively easily, is that bad?

I went ahead and chose the sz. 27 for my 5000BKs, which is -2 from my normal size (29). I have a sz 28 APC NS which is waaaay too baggy, could have easily gone with a 26. Hoping for a good fit on the sammies.

I got my size 29 BKs today. I could've sized down one but if the waist on these shrink and stretch back to the current size then I'll be fine. I'm just hoping that the thighs and seat shrink down a little bit because I'm getting the ballon effect right now. Any way, what is the maximum amount of inseam shrinkage that I can expect? 2 inches?