Baldwin Denim, Kansas City

robbie

baldwin has a lot of pots going these days. we just got some reed olive duck canvas jeans in at the shop as well as some of the famous jay-z camo pants that were special ordered.

are all four of those pairs yours?

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update on how the fit has evolved.

Waist has stretched 1.2"

Thigh stretched 1.5" (They were like lycra at first, that's why the stretched so much)

Knee stretched 1"

Leg opening stretched .5" (Cos I wore high tops with the cuff over, and they got stretched. It wouldn't have happened if i just stacked them or stuck with lows)

All in all, these things are ridiculously comfortable right now. This is after 41 wears and I can't believe how they KEEP getting softer and softer. As much as I was worried about the rise feeling too low and stiff at first they have stretched and softened to fit EXACTLY how I wanted them too. There's some slight fading and contrasting going on, but not a ton after only 41 wears, mostly just light wear as well.

442F37D2-38FF-41B3-BA8B-423B168E68ED-3634-000000E6F0DFA528.jpg

9BCA5C10-62F7-4207-9175-32599063A992-3634-000000E6E29FCD91.jpg

2CDA11DF-788B-43FA-AC56-6145721AE74C-3634-000000E6DEB4BC20.jpg

Yeh the 12.5 oz.

I'd say I probably got true to size in the waist. I never had problems doing up the buttons, it was snug but never an issue. But the thigh was real tight. I generally wear 34's and that's what I bought in these.

Yeh mine have some real light contrasting but nothing of note. I'm OK with it though, I like them dark. I think it's mainly cos its a lighter weight fabric cos all of my creases are really soft still. Kinda curious if these will just fade like dad jeans.

• 3 weeks later...

they are awesome caps. made by ebbets field in seattle. i'm wearing a 1951 minneapolis millers reproduction from them right now.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I should let everyone know who is interested in their jeans (and other stuff) but can't make it into the store that they have this program called the Baldwin Box. Give them a call and they'll send you some stuff you're interested in and you send back what you don't want and keep what you want. I think you get like 14 days to try it out and they send you a prepaid shipping label. I just ordered the Reed's and Henley's to try out.

Just thought I should let everyone know who is interested in their jeans (and other stuff) but can't make it into the store that they have this program called the Baldwin Box. Give them a call and they'll send you some stuff you're interested in and you send back what you don't want and keep what you want. I think you get like 14 days to try it out and they send you a prepaid shipping label. I just ordered the Reed's and Henley's to try out.

== elaborate ==

== elaborate ==

It's pretty simple. Call their storefront and say you want to do a "Baldwin Box." They'll ask you what you're interested in and you'll give them your sizes. You'll give them all your information and they'll send out whatever you want to try out. When you're done, you send everything you don't want back to them. If you keep something, say a pair of jeans, they'll charge your credit card for the amount of the jeans. It's basically just a way for people who can't get to their storefront to try out their products.

Edited by swoosh

Aaron from Baldwin has been REALLY great to deal with. Had a small issue and Baldwin went above and beyond to correct things. My new fave denim. I fit both the Reed and the Henley cut and will be trying out some of the newer offerings hopefully this week. Fit pics to follow once everything is in.

so for anyone thats interested, i got my Reeds in the mail yesterday and the rise is thankfully higher than 8.5 like Baldwin's site says. its about 9.6. Still pretty freaking low and may take some getting used to. Other than that i would say they fit pretty close to a 3sixteen SL. only problem is the waist is a bit too big and i think these things are gonna stretch too much. may have to sell em.