Baldwin Denim, Kansas City

robbie

I have a really hard time believing there is no Baldwin thread already. I searched, but if I somehow missed it go ahead and delete away.

Really like their 53

300.jpg

'relaxed straight'

- 14 oz Selvage Fabric

- Kurabo Japan

- Cut and sewn in the USA

- Button Fly

- Chainstitched Hem

- 100% Cotton Yarn Dyed Indigo

Anyways, they have a ton of really great offerings and will be opening their mens shop in KC next month.

Baldwin denim dot com

anyone have experience, pics, etc

let's do this.

i emailed one of the employees, and he seemed very knowledgeable and nice. they will be offering chainstitching services which is what i was inquiring about, and which will be a great thing to have available to us in the plain states.

Emailed them about the new mens shop, pretty excited about their reply :

"We will be open the first weekend of August if you guys wanted to drop by.

Our men’s shop will be stocked with our new Baldwin assortment in Denim, Tees, and shirting as well as some of our other favorite men’s lines—Gitman, Gant, Red Wing, and Hamilton among others."

Totally think a KC meetup would be pretty rad. Hope some folks are able to make it. I'll be busy moving :mad:

• 7 months later...

we sell these at BlackBlue. the reed is a great cut. low rise classic.

the henley and 77 are great slim/skinny option and the 53 is the mid-rise classic. the denim is solid and the details are on point.

here's 45+ pairs of reeds stuffed into a duluth pack #4 (big ass bag) at snowGRADE in minneapolis last month.

baldwin_snowGRADE.jpg

photo credit

Edited by satchelbmoore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IMG 4696

IMG 0557

IMG 0555

IMG 0554

Here's some fit pics of the 77's I have listed for sale.....a tad too small for me, need to go up to the 31

Sorry for the crap pic quality, only full length mirror I have is in my basement weight room and its filthy/dark down there and I was too lazy to embed the full-res images Edited by trimhound

Here's some fit pics of the 77's I have listed for sale.....a tad too small for me, need to go up to the 31

Sorry for the crap pic quality, only full length mirror I have is in my basement weight room and its filthy/dark down there and I was too lazy to embed the full-res images

i thought the fit was pretty good, but you want a bit more room then?

haven't had the time to take pics yet, but mine is sz28 yellow selvage and it's a lot roomier than yours, i'm too damn skinny.

i thought the fit was pretty good, but you want a bit more room then?

haven't had the time to take pics yet, but mine is sz28 yellow selvage and it's a lot roomier than yours, i'm too damn skinny.

yea, they're just a bit too tight in the thigh and get pretty tight when I sit down.....wish I woulda went with a 31 from the start because these have really nice fades going on now and it took a lot of wear to get them to soften up

yeah, dude.. they look great to me.. better than a thigh flair out.. im copping "henlys" or "77s" next.. but not for another couple months.. again, they look great, man.. you got a lot of fading and wear thats personal to you.. id honestly just rock the shit out of them..

also, only heard amazing things about baldwin and wanted to show love..

Edited by jus schilling

thanks for the fit comments guys! actually wore them for the 1st time in months yesterday cuz I was having my Rogue Territory Stantons hemmed and found I dig them when I wear them with my rodlavers or vans.....last time I was wearing them I had my RedWing 875's on, so that made them seem insanely skinny! Thinking I may keep them around to wear with my low profile tennis shoes...

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently thinking about purchasing a Baldwin Denim jeans, particularly their 'The Reed in California' model. However, I am not 100% sure which size to take (as this would be my first pair of Baldwins) - I wear 3Sixteen/Tellason in size W32 but how does Baldwin's The Reed model compare to these two brands?

Should I also get a W32 or size down/up? Any experience/suggestions?

Cheers and thanks,

-Jörg

• 2 weeks later...

oops double post...

Edited by satchelbmoore

jörg, the reed is a rather versatile fit. assuming your waist is a true 33, you could go with a 33 for a slim-straight look with a little room in the thigh or a 32 for a slimmer more fitted look. how do you want your reeds to fit?

i like the triple stitching in the back yoke a lot.. this thread needs more love/updates/pics.. i also like the fact that these arent dickrode for being 500 dollars and made in japan.. but right in my backyard, and priced reasonably.. when summer wraps up, im grabbing a pair of henlys or 77s.. wearing some other shits right now/too broke/priorities/life..

• 2 months later...

oh wow. thats crazy. are yours the 12.5 oz? i thought they did a 14 oz too depending on season. weird that they only stretched .5 inch unless all you did was put them on and stood there.

Yeah I have the 12.5, I thought they would stretch out more then they did. I am not a rail road worker by any means. I wear a 34 waist and I bought a 34 I tried on the 33 and they were just to tight and I wasn't into them. The 34 was perfect at first but now I have some room to tuck my shirt sort of deal. They for sure didn't stretch out the 1.5 that I though they would.