Baldwin Denim, Kansas City

robbie

those jeans look great, prolly my next purchase as soon i'm done with the one i'm rockin now.

Love the historic of the brand, they also provide some other great products ( i really love their wallet, 14oz dry denim, hand stitched leather...)

I have a pair of the 12.5oz Henley's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

The customer service dude was mad helpful, I asked a ton of questions and he answered them all, made suggestions. In the end decided on the henley in a 34 (sized down, I generally buy 36 pants).

I'm getting these for a slimmer fit with lighter weight denim to start wearing now, then in about 2 months I'll be picking up some 3sixteen SL's when it's colder out.

Either way, I can put away my 514's and unbranded and get to work on some good stuff.

scoope, congrats. wear them all the time. they'll just be hitting their stride in about 2 months.

I ordered direct from their webstore and it says they are the 12.5oz Kaihara, I'm assuming that's what they are sending me. I didn't ask for a previous run or anything else.

I'm def excited though, my son just turned one and I almost copped some of those Kid B's for him too haha. I figured by the time I order the 3sixteens these should be just starting to come in, so I'll have a pair that's softened up to rotate through when I can't be fucked dealing with some raw ass sticklers (although everything I hear says the 3sixteens are mad soft right off the rack). I hear the same thing about the Baldwins as well, they have Pima in them or something?

OK. Just got home from class and they were waiting for me.

Definitely a different fit than I'm used to. The waist feels fine which is what I was most concerned about. I wanted a tapered fit with a more snug fit in the knee and hem and this definitely fits the bill. The ONLY thing I'm a little worried about is the crotch. It feels snuggish on my junk, I think a large part of that is just cos I'm not used to this kind of fit. I'm hoping once they break in a bit and get some stretch i'll be able to sag them a little more and it won't even be an issue.

Either way. The actual construction and denim is fucking awesome and they hand-written thank you note it came with is equally awesome. Plus it took less than 48 hours to arrive with standard shipping (granted, it shipped from Kansas and I live in Denver).

I took a few fit pics but it's on my iphone in a badly lit room with my kid crawling around my legs.

A question. Since this is the first time I've sized down (or more accurately, not gone for a loose fit), is it normal to be uncomfortable at first? I know they'll stretch, but how much difference is there between feeling snug and feeling uncomfortable?

Or if anyone out there has this run of the henley (12.5oz Kaihara), how much stretch did you get out of them, and was any of it in the crotch/thigh region?

Thanks

i just mentioned that they stretched out .75 inches after 2-3 wears. i bike a lot and that stretches my jeans out quite a bit and have have not been on a bike with these. i sized down one. also the lighter the fabric the more they should stretch so 12.5 is on the light side. with that said i dont think youll get any stretch out of crotch. the rise is probably just to low for you. that or youll just have to wear them lower.

Yeh I'm just being paranoid. They'll be fine. My Levi's and Unbranded were both 36's which fit a little loose right off the rack, a few weeks later they were too big everywhere. Just not used to the fitted style but they'll be good in a few weeks. I've had them on for about 4 hours now and I can already tell they're gonna be mad comfortable once they break.

if in doubt, wear them more. looking forward to some fit shots, scoope.

Edited by satchelbmoore

^ what he said. i was always a naked & famous guy but after multiple shirts just fell apart after a a wear or two i stopped really being interested in them. they made this big stance about gimmicks and 300 dollars jeans but have become both gimmicky and sell 300 dollars jeans. id like to know if anybody has experience with baldwin shirting.

good work, boys! look great. you guys can have a mini contest. winner buys me a pair.

Henley is a little looser in the thigh but the same from the knee down to the skinny guy. samw rise as well.

check out the measurements on blue owl.

Well they've had 7 days of wear. Mostly around the house and park chasing my son, so lots of bending and squatting and crawling come with the territory. After seven days everything about them is great, I'm still not 100% sure about the rise. It's definitely softened up in the crotch but I'm hoping the 3sixteens will have a higher rise (measurements say rise is 1" higher, hopefully that's enough).

Anyway, these Henleys are fucking great. Already as soft as my worn in unbranded, honeycombs and whiskers are already starting to set too. I feel like these are gonna be amazing after like 2 or 3 months.

• 3 weeks later...