No more denim...

PG2G

Took me a while to find this thread again. This thread was sort of the reason why I haven't been around much the last year. Too much temptation. Anyway, like I promised myself, no more denim after the IH634SR and true to my word, I haven't bought a single pair since mid 2009 (that I can remember... ) Anyway, was going through my closet tonight and found the last 6 pairs I bought before my hiatus (if you're going to quit, go big first).

collection2010a.jpg

Left to right (in order of last purchase, I think...):

IH634SR, Duckdiggers 1920, SC rainbow, Sams Lee repro, KMW 2010 and Nudie AJ Dry Heavy (picked up for half price at Context during a '09 flash sale - I like Nudies enough to own a few and for the price I paid, better than shop bought Levis).

None of these have been soaked or worn. I'll probably break the Ironhearts first. Been wearing moleskins for the past 6 months interchanged with my Fullcount WWIIs. I won't be buying any more denim until I've given the first 3 a good wear.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for bumping this thread up. Its such a comforting feeling knowing that not everyone on sufu buys new denim every minute. lol.

to be honest i'd get myself new pair every now and then if i can afford it. maybe im just too broke. thats all.

Took me a while to find this thread again. This thread was sort of the reason why I haven't been around much the last year. Too much temptation. Anyway, like I promised myself, no more denim after the IH634SR and true to my word, I haven't bought a single pair since mid 2009 (that I can remember... ) Anyway, was going through my closet tonight and found the last 6 pairs I bought before my hiatus (if you're going to quit, go big first).

collection2010a.jpg

Left to right (in order of last purchase, I think...):

IH634SR, Duckdiggers 1920, SC rainbow, Sams Lee repro, KMW 2010 and Nudie AJ Dry Heavy (picked up for half price at Context during a '09 flash sale - I like Nudies enough to own a few and for the price I paid, better than shop bought Levis).

None of these have been soaked or worn. I'll probably break the Ironhearts first. Been wearing moleskins for the past 6 months interchanged with my Fullcount WWIIs. I won't be buying any more denim until I've given the first 3 a good wear.

Those duckdiggers look like crap. You should think about selling them. I could possibly take them off your hands.

Those duckdiggers look like crap. You should think about selling them. I could possibly take them off your hands.

lol. By the time I decided to pull the trigger on the DDs, they were well and truly deadstock. If I never wear them, I'm thinking of encasing them in carbonite to keep them fresh for all eternity.

i've got warehouse 660s, pbj xx-011, self edge x rjb 66bspbk and the eternal contest jeans all fresh waiting. assuming that i wear each pair for 2 years, they're gonna last me 8 years. so see you around sufu addicts. i hope samurai lasts long enough because i've been wanting to kop the s710xx since forever.