Best Plain Cotton Tees?

I've been looking for the best plain cotton tees, and I found one I love that I own, but I don't think they're making it anymore.

It's a Banana Republic Heritage Collection in like a dark heather gray, the cotton is heavier than a normal t shirt and it's soft and there are little details of stitching around the neck and hems.

What are everyone's perfect plain cotton t, like the kind you'd wear everyday and not just under stuff?

I like NBHD tees. The cotton's nice and thick. Otherwise,

Sifr (singapore label)

http://sifr.myshopify.com/

http://sifr.myshopify.com/collections/essentials

CrewNeck-Black_1_large.jpg?100450

shipping

sifr ships worldwide via Singapore Post, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.

Local orders above $100SGD in Singapore are shipped free of charge.

International orders incur a flat shipping rate of $25 Singapore dollars if your online order exceeds $250 international shipping is free.

If you do not receive a confirmation of your order, please email us at info [at] sifrsite [dot] com.

their tees are the bomb, and I mean the bomb, for the hot and humid equatorial summer that is prevalent all year round. I wear them 1 size up as I prefer a loose slouched fit in the torso. All tees are made from pima cotton at a single factory in indonesia. The cotton is as soft as a girl's skin.

For $39 SGD a pop (20~ish USD) they are a must buy. I owe like 8-9 tees. Sizing goes from XS - XL???

why do hanes heather gray tees fit after a good wash/dry yet the black fails to shrink the same way?

because the black yarn was dyed black and thus already has all the shrinking done. the dye is usually chemically attached to the cotton and that usually doesn't happen at mild temperatures

for a black color you need a lot of dye, for grey obviously a lot less

I like NBHD tees. The cotton's nice and thick. Otherwise,

Sifr (singapore label)

http://sifr.myshopify.com/

http://sifr.myshopify.com/collections/essentials

CrewNeck-Black_1_large.jpg?100450

shipping

sifr ships worldwide via Singapore Post, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.

Local orders above $100SGD in Singapore are shipped free of charge.

International orders incur a flat shipping rate of $25 Singapore dollars if your online order exceeds $250 international shipping is free.

If you do not receive a confirmation of your order, please email us at info [at] sifrsite [dot] com.

their tees are the bomb, and I mean the bomb, for the hot and humid equatorial summer that is prevalent all year round. I wear them 1 size up as I prefer a loose slouched fit in the torso. All tees are made from pima cotton at a single factory in indonesia. The cotton is as soft as a girl's skin.

For $39 SGD a pop (20~ish USD) they are a must buy. I owe like 8-9 tees. Sizing goes from XS - XL???

Hey, Thanks flame for the intro on the product. I noticed a spike on our online traffic and was wondering where it came from. Thanks for that! We actually got another order on the online store shortly after.

Just a quick heads up, we've actually managed to reduce the retail price of the product to SGD $29 per piece and got rid of the 3 packs and 5 packs. Since we buy more bulk quantities, we got a lower price so this works out better for everyone. We also started doing a short run of XXL's for the bigger boys.

Funny enough I never thought to come on here and hustle. I never realized you guys here were into looking for the right tee. Any questions about the product, do let me know. We've recently added some Long Sleeved versions in the basic colors that's available at some of the department store outlets (soon to be up on our online site). We also did a small campaign to encourage everyone to take time off for better living.

Cotton prices are a nightmare to deal with but since we move a lot of volume, we decided to engage in a bigger order to counter the cotton price hike by saving on cutting/making costs.

because the black yarn was dyed black and thus already has all the shrinking done. the dye is usually chemically attached to the cotton and that usually doesn't happen at mild temperatures

for a black color you need a lot of dye, for grey obviously a lot less

Also, Just FYI, Heather is a different fabric, it's made of two different yarns weaved together. Most heather is a cotton poly blend which is why it shrinks more. 100% cotton doesn't shrink as much in our case. When we cut tees, we cut the heather using a slightly bigger pattern then the 100% cotton tees.

cotton/poly blend shirts are my absolute favorite

i have a bunch of plain vintage tees that are softer than the softest titties

that being said, i do like the 100% cotton sunspel tees-- they are really nice

they have several varieties, some pima, some egyptian cotton

I can't find a link to them online, but Kin t-shirts from Sydney's Toronto are fucking amazing. Not cheap, but really really perfect. I hate to use the comparison, but they remind me of something Dean or Brando might've been photographed in on a motorcycle.

my favorite hands down is kirklands solid t's sold at costco. very thick cotton and perfect fit after a wash. puts hanes to shame.
+1

I haven't found a white tee that's thicker or better fitting.

the cotton on the kirkland tees are thick, but the sleeves are too big so they don't fall nicely on the shoulders and the body is too long. they're pretty fitted in the body, but the smallest size is a medium.

the discontinued $4.90/pack 100% cotton uniqlo tees had the softest fabric i've felt on a tee, but it was pretty long and fit boxy.

^^^^ I spotted that too.

Doesn't 100% cotton have a greater chance of shrinking?

I could potentially see a cotton/poly blend shrinking more if washed in water hot enough to melt/damage the poly fibers. But, if washed in normal temperatures, polyester fibers should keep their shape, no?

Flat Head tees are the perfect tees for me.

Loopwheeled, super thick, short/fitted body, triple stitched collar.

The only downside is the price.