Age and favourite Denim brand

Raw Selvedge

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm 30.

crazy in love with my julian red hoboken nikki sixx.

been having trouble tracking down another pair (hobo no wash or another pair of nikkis)

im a life long levis 501 and 517 fan but i also really like my h&m raw stretch ive been wearing for about 8 months now.

would love some japanese diors but i can not justify the price.

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

join a cult. www.culturepopartgallery.com

I'm 30, and I'm a sucker for the 1920 repro 201s. Don't know why, but the leather patch ones just never broke in, but the cloth patch/blue selvedge ones are just perfect. Other than that, Yen orange label, and old old old school Evisu - with any luck I'll be able to fit back into my favourite pair shortly. Pink/Yellow selvedge and worn beautifully. Might check out some PRPS too.

I tell you what I'd love to find though - the Stylecraft jeans that Yamane released a long time ago. The back pocket stitching was a bow, and they went for about £250 almost a decade ago.

Edited by Dr Jonboy on Jun 12, 2006 at 08:43 PM

28, and my favorite denim brand is one I don't even own! -- pure blue japan -- after seeing them at Blue in Green, it was love at first sight, then feeling the texture was an orgasmic experience in itself. Too bad they didn't have any raw ones and what a damn shame I'm flat broke at this point to even consider buying a pair. As for pairs I actually own, my favorite currently is my Paul Smith Red Ear.

Quote:

Me, too, man. I feel sorta bad, but Ralf is shelved. It feels so... fake (?) compared to me canes. I feel bad saying that... poor ralf.

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Jun 13, 2006 05:44 AM

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I felt some Nudies at Atrium this weekend and thought it was total crap, especially at $260+. I also saw two pairs on my block in the span of five mintues, so it looks like Nudie is heating up here in NYC. Anyway, sounds like Ralf should find a new home on ebay.

I'm 26. Right now my favorite is 45rpm, but I have a feeling I won't be able to stray from Levi's forever. I will always go back to the original. If Levi's make a new pair of jeans on par with 45rpm Sorahiko or the other Japanese repros, I'd plop down my hard earned student loan money in a heart beat.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

I'm 20 and my favourite brand is Samurai. Didn't like the brand when I first saw it and I didn't see how it was any better than other brands and I didn't like the arcuate. Now I like the arcuate a lot and I think it's the best brand in every respect, especially quality and color of the denim.

The only downside is that they are easily identifiable so they could become the next Evisu, but they don't seem to have the same ambitions as Evisu, so I don't think it will happen.

http://repeattofade.blogspot.com/

Guest Fade to Black

22, Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane. To elaborate, i think the cut and quality of denim are both top notch; it seems to be the one area of the brand that hasn't completely deteriorated in quality even in the recently often bashed collections. Even though some of the newer models are a bit sketchy, a lot of the washed models from earlier seasons are pretty much perfect in every aspect, such as distressing and details. The Japanese raw denim is also beautiful, now that my pair has been worn in for over a year, the way the light indigo is seeping through slowly is very nice and in terms of slubbiness, it's on par with my 45 RPMs.

Edited by Fade to Black on Jun 14, 2006 at 11:12 PM

i love apc because the fit of the ns is perfect for skinny folks like myself

and nudie because of the amazing fade ive gotten out of my first pair of dry jeans (RRDS)

i guess i like jeans for the simpler principles of them

fit/quality/fade

i like repros though i personally dont own any just cause they are simple and functional.

chwa?

Edited by Corbin Law on Jun 16, 2006 at 05:47 PM