BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

PG2G, the purples have a longer inseam than the AI-001s, fyi.

Gordon told me they were both 33.5. Can you measure yours for me when you get a chance?

Hinoya has a pair of 30s in stock, maybe I can just get those and dry clean them instead of ever letting them touch water.

ok, so i got bored yesterday and decided to do a maximum shrinking of these jeans. so i soak them in hot water for 1 hour and put them through a HOT WASH/WARM RINSE. These SHRUNK like fucking hell again!. I sized down one. THESE ARE FUCKING SLIM NOW. I wanted that look for these onis, for those who sized down....hear hear

shit shrunk even more poly? i need to lose weight hahaha

yeah....they shrunk a lot more in the thighs. The length seems to have stopped. Still around 33-34...sorry PG2P......its very similar to my SDA 103's now (which is perfect for me) except the waist is much higher. So just a warning for those hemming or soaking, etc. If you want a tight fit, size down 1 and HOT WASH. If you want a regular fit, I'd do a hot soak, cold wash.....just my opinion

the shrinking reminds me a lot like samurai ZERO models which take like 3 washes to get the end of shrinking, etc.

yeah...a lot of dye came out as it was aggitated a lot. And the dye was sticking to the wash bin, so i had to wipe that off. They're still insanely dark. I'm really not expecting that much out of these in terms of fading for at LEAST 6 months....the dye is insane on these. The waist did shrink, but i had no problem buttoning them. So the first soak was def limited the overall wasit shrinkage. I didn't put a hanger in the waist band and stretch these by foot like i did when i first soaked though, now they're tighter but not like i can't button up tighter...

Seconded about the insane dye. I've been wearing them every day, even to bed some nights since I got mine last monday and they havent BUDGED in terms of softening up or wearing down. Did the wash soften them at all? That's the only thing that bothers me about the purples - I left my cell phone in my pocket while wearing them and moving some boxes and when I got home I had a perfect cell-phone-shaped welt on my leg because the denim is so rough.

Gordon told me they were both 33.5. Can you measure yours for me when you get a chance?

Hinoya has a pair of 30s in stock, maybe I can just get those and dry clean them instead of ever letting them touch water.

Sorry, my bad. I don't have a measuring tape but I laid them together side by side and the inseam is exactly the same.

The indigo on the AIs are bluer but the Onis are streakier. There's not much difference except for the cut.

The Oni purples will be hands down mine favorite jeans in my collection. These things will get crazier when I manage to wear em out.

For some reason, all of my one wash denims are the ones that doesn't get much attention. It just doesn't create much creases. The AI-001s are nice but the cut of the onis are better and I got them raw. The Sorahikos also don't get a lot of contrasting fade due to lack of creases....

i'm forcing myself to stay away from these.....put them on the hanger as opposed to the floor..MUST NOT WEAR!!!

why is that poly? losing concentration on your samurai contest jeans? hehe

i can't get enough of em. it just keeps getting better. i didn't experience this when i got my ai-001's. although they have similare fabric, raw natural indigo just takes the cake. the rigidness really gives more defined creases.

i can't get enough of em. it just keeps getting better. i didn't experience this when i got my ai-001's. although they have similare fabric, raw natural indigo just takes the cake. the rigidness really gives more defined creases.

yeah, samurai contest need to be worn, also the samurai blacks. I actually have some crotch fading already, VERY minimal, but you can see the color starting to come through. C'mon people, I know me and John weren't the only ones that bought these. EVERYONE POST YOUR ONI PURPLE/BLUE PICS. I know me and john weren't the only ones that bought these....Concerning the PBJ Ai's, I think the cut of the Oni's also give better creasing. At least for me, as the PBJ AI's weren't for me...def. an Oni man. easily best denim purchase from me thus far in my career.

i'm also very excited when these completely break in to show something completely new to the folk at superdenim. and to rub it in their faces what they missed out on...

I guess your post is not relevant then...

Sometimes it can be difficult to find specific information on SuFu but usually get there in the end with perseverance! I was wearing Japanese selvedge denim well before I found SuFu. So for me, being on SuFu is just a natural progression to obtaining further hard to get Japanese denims which are mostly unobtainable in London. I don't claim to be an expert as I'm still on the learning curve but I'm more than capable in dressing myself up without anyone's help. I have no style icons and like I said before I don't want to rely too much on information SuFu. I believe in individuality rather than being another clone. I will continue to SuFu until the day when all the Japanese denim reaches the shores of the UK. Then I'll be able to assess the clothing according to my preferences and not rely on others. I'm very happy with nearly all of my purchases over the last few years. So it will be matter of time before I'm on another level!

Sometimes it can be difficult to find specific information on SuFu but usually get there in the end with perseverance! I was wearing Japanese selvedge denim well before I found SuFu. So for me, being on SuFu is just a natural progression to obtaining further hard to get Japanese denims which are mostly unobtainable in London. I don't claim to be an expert as I'm still on the learning curve but I'm more than capable in dressing myself up without anyone's help. I have no style icons and like I said before I don't want to rely too much on information SuFu. I believe in individuality rather than being another clone. I will continue to SuFu until the day when all the Japanese denim reaches the shores of the UK. Then I'll be able to assess the clothing according to my preferences and not rely on others. I'm very happy with nearly all of my purchases over the last few years. So it will be matter of time before I'm on another level!

if you found this forum with the intention of trying to have someone dress you, than i feel sorry for you....

you broke me john!, upon reading this thread i had to take off my contest samurais and put on my oni's to make sure the creases wouldn't straighten out. I hate you demon oni!!!

if you found this forum with the intention of trying to have someone dress you, than i feel sorry for you....

No need to feel sorry for me since you have misread my post. I've always been happy with my dress sense.

Read below what I had posted earlier.

I don't claim to be an expert as I'm still on the learning curve but I'm more than capable in dressing myself up without anyone's help. I have no style icons and like I said before I don't want to rely too much on information SuFu. I believe in individuality rather than being another clone. I will continue to SuFu until the day when all the Japanese denim reaches the shores of the UK. Then I'll be able to assess the clothing according to my preferences and not rely on others. I'm very happy with nearly all of my purchases over the last few years. So it will be matter of time before I'm on another level!