BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

glad you got the john, let me know what you plan on soaking, etc..interested in what you think seeing you have so many other "standards"....

thanks poly! you, me and crisis are the original oni brothers. hahaha! i'm actually planning on following how you did it. I will give a review once I'm done soaking them. I'm so stoked by this pair! Pics to follow.

poly, indigo is lighter than what i expected it. will it grow dark as the weave tightens post-soak?

You know what, haha, i feel the same way too. My girlfriend knows who you and john11f are, and she thinks it's crazy i talk about your jeans.

crisis, this is so funny but thanks for the compliment!

thanks for the comments ayn, john11f, and TiP. I'm gonna keep wearing them, so hopefully they keep getting nicer. I've had the jeans since march last year, wore them for a month, stopped. Then started wearing them again around September i think. I really forget the exact dates, or even months haha.

when did you wash your blues the first time? how often did you use them when you

John11f, are you going to switch your main pair to the ONI 19oz you just got? or keep on with the edo ai's?

will stick to my edo ai's for a bit. they're beginning to develop fades. but these purples will have time.

thanks poly! you, me and crisis are the original oni brothers. hahaha! i'm actually planning on following how you did it. I will give a review once I'm done soaking them. I'm so stoked by this pair! Pics to follow.

poly, indigo is lighter than what i expected it. will it grow dark as the weave tightens post-soak?

they get dark as shit after a soak. The streaks also even out and blend more with the denim. I'm basically trying my hardest NOT to wear these yet. I'm probably not going to hem them (yet) just to hold me back from wearing them. This will be one tough nut to crack...

I think after wearing something these Oni or the PBJ AI-001, most other denim feels wimpy in comparison. Its the reason I can no longer touch my Kicking Mule (i'd assume the same would be true of stuff like apc, nudie, and dior). It sets a new standard for denim in your mind :P It did for me at least.

umm the top button just burst out of the rivet of my jeans when i was trying to stretch them....if gordon doesnt help me fix this or get me a new pair i will be seriously pissed and forever a selfedge customer....

superfuture sizing?

umm the top button just burst out of the rivet of my jeans when i was trying to stretch them....if gordon doesnt help me fix this or get me a new pair i will be seriously pissed and forever a selfedge customer....

ummm.....call him tomorrow dude...i'm sure he'll straighten everything out...did you size down? I sized down 1 and it was tough to button before the soak, after the soak, i just stretched the band by putting them on the floor and putting my feet in between the waistband and stretching...not fucking with the buttons...no problems with mine...yeah, call gordon...

I think after wearing something these Oni or the PBJ AI-001, most other denim feels wimpy in comparison. Its the reason I can no longer touch my Kicking Mule (i'd assume the same would be true of stuff like apc, nudie, and dior). It sets a new standard for denim in your mind :P It did for me at least.

I can see how you might confuse the unevenness for wimpiness, but for me the difference was the cut. The AI-001 at least when I tried it on was not nearly as nice of a cut.

The denim on these is SO stiff at first that I could see this happening. I urge everyone to lay down when buttoning them in the beginning. The first time I put mine on a seam tore but gordon chainstitched it and they stretched out so much in a couple of days that I can button them standing up now.

I can see how you might confuse the unevenness for wimpiness, but for me the difference was the cut. The AI-001 at least when I tried it on was not nearly as nice of a cut.

I think you may have misunderstood my point. I'm saying the denim in these is so crazy that many other pairs now pale in comparison.

the length on these guys shrank up more than any other pair i own (almost 4 inches), and that was without using the dryer!

to add, i don't know how you people are 'sizing down' on these. i bought my true tag size and they shrank accordingly. give you downsizers 5 years, when you develop guts, and see how much you can 'size down'!

hahah I'm so glad I wore mine during the shrinking and drying process (had to slide around my apt on a towel to avoid getting blue dye all over the floor). They were so tight to begin with... The stiffness and the cut conspire to make for a very fitted jean.