BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

I got around to taking some pictures of my Oni Blues, so here they are:

oni1.jpgoni2.jpgoni3.jpg

They're a size 28, which was kind of a gamble since I've never bought a pair of jeans below a size 30 before. Presoak, they were snug around the waist and I even emailed Gordon wondering if I could exchange them for a 29. He told me that the waist would stretch, as long as everything else fit properly. I stuck with them, and did a 2 hour soak; I started with hot water, and then let them sit in the cold water for the remaining time.

The waist was quite snug afterwards, but everything else fit fine, if not a tad loose, particlarly below the knee. I'm glad I kept the 28s, because I think the 29s might have been too baggy. Personally, I think they fit great, though; on the slim side, but not too slim, and certainly not baggy, either. The only bad thing is that I got them from BiG after the Levis incident, so the arcuate and tab were removed. I can see where the removed the stitching on the arcuate, however, and I am wondering if it will fade slightly different, which will perhaps still give a subtle effect.

Anyway, overall I'm extremely pleased with them.

look great! I was going to do the same with the oni purples but fate intervened and only allowed me to get a 29, which is good b/c i don't think a 28 would have fit. The blue stretch out a decent amount. I remember gordon telling me his 33's went to like something ridiculous like 36! welcome to the slub club!

Thanks for the compliments on the fit... These pushed out my PBJs as my everyday jean because I like them so much.

^ya, that's a real nice fit, my blues are quite a bit looser than yours as i bought my true size

pretty gutsy going down 2. what other jeans do you own in a 30?

All of my other jeans have lower rises, so my comment was a bit misleading; I'm actually a 29 in. waist, so these are only sized down one. My other pairs are Nudie SJs, JR Calis, and PBJ XX-005s, all in 30, so they sit low.

Are you doing squats 1-2 of those 3-4 days Hatful man ? nice ..

Sidenote : Why every time I read this thread title I dont read B.S United I read it as bulllshit united .. :-(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
Picked these up courtesy of Chicken in December. A total 3-4 days worth of wear a week for past 3.5 months, no wash. I'll try to post some pics with them on, very happy with fit and denim quality. Highly recommended addition to any collection

DSC00334.jpg

shit. i can't believed i missed this this whole time. nice work hat! do you have any pics of progress?

and john, nice work there too. digging how you've beaten the crap out of the pocket stitchings.

Sidenote : Why every time I read this thread title I dont read B.S United I read it as bulllshit united .. :-(

the legendary weaver who's behind the whole oni denim operation, unfortunately his initials are b.s.

he's supposed to be a real old japanese fella, so he'll have no idea what it could also stand for.

BS= Bank of Springfield (heehee)

I've been over this thread in the past, but I can't remember if I saw any pics of the Oni Veg. Is it supposedly dyed with natural vegetable indigo or something? What does everyone think of the selvage arcuate, and do you think it is worth the (can't remember how much more it costs over the Oni Blues) extra?

• 3 weeks later...