Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

do you think the max 10 round 2 cosmetic feature of the 2004 "assault weapons" ban would have stopped this?

how was the 2004 ban anyway?

no, I don't, and of course its always easy to poke holes in a general argument with a specific example. "oho but he had a shotgun too your argument is invalid" it could have limited the injuries/fatalities to some extent, perhaps.

to some degree there will always be crazy people but I fail to see why we should bend over backwards making it easier for things like this to happen in the service of an outdated abstraction. the right of people to be alive trumps anyone's right to own an ak47. I always hear people thumping the 2nd amendment like it's holy writ but it's not like we haven't repealed a constitutional amendment before. it's why the amendment mechanism exists.

ps. pls don't ban me hap

Edited by Denton

2004 ban worked? nyc stop and frisk is success?

argument:

closing off one possibility=>limited fatalities "perhaps"

ã„´no room for other possibilities for fatalities?

2nd amendment outdated, faulty amendment system

ㄴi thought you wanted to talk only about "automatic" weapons only? (automatic≠semi-automatic btw, former is only military)

ã„´"well this is your opinion"

chris rock youtube

ã„´there are many views and comments here

Edited by hyun

2004 ban worked? nyc stop and frisk is success?

argument:

closing off one possibility=>limited fatalities "perhaps"

ã„´no room for other possibilities for fatalities?

2nd amendment outdated, faulty amendment system

ㄴi thought you wanted to talk only about "automatic" weapons only? (automatic≠semi-automatic btw, former is only military)

ã„´"well this is your opinion"

chris rock youtube

ã„´there are many views and comments here

um what

i didn't say anything about stop and frisk. did the previous assault weapons ban "work?" that's pretty vague, i really couldn't say. did it result in fewer assault weapons being in circulation? or being used in crime? the brady center says: "assault weapons have made up only 1.61% of the guns ATF has traced to crime — a drop of 66% from the pre-ban rate." so i guess it "worked."

in any case it is obviously still possible to kill people without automatic weapons/assault weapons (i am using these terms interchangeably sorry). that is not central to my argument. neither is chris rock. my argument, and yes it is only my opinion, is not really related to colorado; it is simply "why does anyone really need an automatic/assault weapon? wouldn't they only be used to kill people?" a similar theory applies to suppressors which is why they are illegal in some cases n'est-ce pas?

ã„´t3hcoke that is very impolite

"if you really couldn't say," then you can't "guess it worked."

saying gun control doesn't work≠supporting the nra

it brought nyc stop and frisk, which just causes segregated hassle.

most crimes are used with cheap pistols. and this may be a low blow but funny how atf is mentioned after what they did with fast and furious.

i take it you are frustrated with gun nuts and you are musing about it (which i agree with). but that does not make gun control "effective."

Just woke up from a dream with two sequences.

In the first sequence, there were a few of us sitting around in a little conference room while this very voluptuous white woman was giving a lecture on something regarding food and Subarus. She was naked of course, but my seat was turned so my back was facing her, and I was rolling my eyes the whole time with whatever she was saying. I did have my hands on the titties while I did this though, and they were some of the nicest breasts I've ever handled (in real life or dreams, I guess). Very large, but not sagging, soft jugs with nice firm nipples. I didn't even look at this woman but once or twice, I just had my hands resting on her tits.

Leaving this food lecture, I somehow found myself walking out with Vampyrgfesten and insomnia. I notice Vampyrgifestion is wearing his normal gear, but has bought a new watch. I look at it closely and it's a dressier Blancpain on a tri-stripe NATO. I ask why he bought that and he says 'I dunno, I just liked it. bought it on yahoo! jp. I dunno what it is.'

I get a craving for an Italian sub and so I go to this new sandwich shop alone, it's very no-frills with only yellow decor (looks like a cheap furniture shop but has just a big counter for sandwiches in the middle) and there's your typical American fast food workers standing behind a counter with lots of meat and cheese sandwiches all sloppily made and stacked up on each other haphazardly. Suddenly, Danny Meyer comes out of the back stockroom and a CNN reporter appears and starts interviewing him on why he opened a shitty sub shop. He is wearing a tattered tee shirt and 3/4 length cutoff sweats and is 5'3, so the cutoff sweats look really creepy.

The segue happens in a bathroom. At this point I think we're still in Japan. I find a public toilet built into a wall of a large private Japanese house/castle. When the owners come home they hit the garage door and it flips down from the top, but the whole wall is one long door and it closes off most of the bathroom entrance, so I deduce that they are both the owners of the house and the caretakers of the public toilet. One can still get in if they do the 'in before the lock' maneuver in the space under the door. So I go to the bathroom, and it's one of those Asian bathrooms that is beige-tiled and actually sparkling clean, but it's incredibly hot inside and stinks with sewage smell so bad it's burning my eyes and nose. I finish and awkwardly slide out under the front door.

I come out of the bathroom and some skinny Asian fashion dude is sitting on the roof, waiting to use the bathroom. He gives me a dirty look and basically ninja flies into the tiny door opening.

It's time to say good bye to Vampyrgfesten for some reason, so me and insomnia wave him off. I don't know why, but Vampyrgfesten's ride of choice in my dream was a gasoline-carrying semi-truck, and just as he's pulling out and rounding a corner in this tiny Japanese town with dirt roads (I guess this was like, the year 1935 in my dreams) it exploded, like in the movies, and nothing was left of Vampyrgefesten. insomnia and I rushed to the scene and found just his bloody severed arm sitting on the driver's seat, with the watch still on it. I give the watch to insomnia but it doesn't fit him, and he tells me to wear it, and so I do - but I'm wearing a different but similar looking watch already.

We get into the car because we need to go tell Vampyrgfesten's parents that there was an accident with the gasoline truck and that he's died, so somehow we're in this clapped out early 90's dark green BMW 525i and it's all crashed up, the wheels are out of alignment and the whole passenger cell is misfigured, so I end up pressing the gas and clutch pedals with my hands and not watching the road. We drive through the California desert like this til we get to a small town in the night time and notice a bunch of sexy Asian girls in little party dresses on this desert road, where there is no traffic but for some reason, we've stopped. We find out they are Hmong girls in a tiny town, and that they all get into cabs and go to the one nightclub in this ghost town. At the same time, there are angry elders protesting against the young women using signs, and on the signs there are very cartoon-like phalluses and simple faces drawn to represent these girls giving blowjobs at the club.

Insomnia and I keep driving on and realize Vampygrfesten's parents don't use the internet and can't speak English, and will never find out about the gas truck explosion, but somehow we can't reach them either. I tell insomnia that we need to find a computer with the internet so that I can get on supertrash and make the 'RIP Vampygrfesten' thread, as it's the only respectful thing to do.

This is actually one of my more mild dreams.

:o

lel

"dope" camo mocs bro, "sick" leopard print m-65 bre. i should start making up heritage menswear hype shit and go to the trade show with my wares

digital marsh camo print chinos

giraffe-skin double monks

electric yellow fedora

goretex MA-1/blazer combo with gradient print and silk lining

i would hand out postcards of justin bieber photoshopped wearing this stuff

lel

"dope" camo mocs bro, "sick" leopard print m-65 bre. i should start making up heritage menswear hype shit and go to the trade show with my wares

digital marsh camo print chinos

giraffe-skin double monks

electric yellow fedora

goretex MA-1/blazer combo with gradient print and silk lining

i would hand out postcards of justin bieber photoshopped wearing this stuff

the brainstorming process for them is probably like a 15 minute meeting