Options for Buying Japanese Denim

I recieved a reply from 2nd after placing an order for a pair of S5000VX. They want me to do a bank transfer for my first order with them, then they can use my Visa for all future purchases. I guess my order will be getting cancled, because my bank wants to charge me 50.00 to do a transfer. This will be my second let down so far.

Hey guys, I received this error when I clicked the last confirmation button on rakuten's ID webby.

ブラウザのロケールを認識できません。

▼入力項目の背景が赤色でarrow32.gifが出ている項目を再度、選択または入力してください。

which translate to

Browser locale not recognize.

▼ entry has a background in red have the option to re-selected, or input, please.

I'm pretty sure I filled in everything correctly.

Can anyone help clarify this error please?

^^ I've had three cards rejected via Rakuten. Hinoya has sent me an email stating that they don't ship overseas anymore. No rumor as I have had first-hand experience with the above. If you've put an order through to Hinoya, perhaps they've lifted their no-international ship ban. Where are you located, vivaloschet?

I bought a jacket from Hinoya, it was shipped last Friday (yet to come)...

I Just received a mail from Rebirth saying that since nov 1st Rakuten no longer accept creditcards issued outside of Japan.

This rumor is truth. I have found their official announcement regarding this issue uploaded on Rakuten.

Such as;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rakuten has stopped to accept credit card payment if the credit card was offered at outside of Japan. All oversea credit cards will not be accepted to avoid from illegal payments such as financial fraud.

We are very sorry to trouble customers who were used be making payment by credit card on Rakuten as the primary payment method. Please prepare another payment method or use your credit card if you have a credit card offered by a Japanese domestic credit company.

Again, we are very sorry for your inconvenience regarding this matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can be found at;

https://www.faq.rakuten.co.jp/cgi-bin/rakuten_www.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2902&p_created=1193740799&p_sid=3vOknhRi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTkmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPTI1MywyNjgsMzE2JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9My4zMTYmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=&p_i=1&cat_lvl1=253&cat_lvl2=268&cat_lvl3=316&p_topview=1

The page linked from the web address above is protected by SSL so that you can not browse the page through Google translate.

In my own experience, I received several fraud-like emails sent from multiple people who were all from Indonesia. it was continued to send emails and/or trying to place high amount orders at my store and it was kept doing a few months around 3-5 months ago. I stopped an item transaction which might be a fraud order just before the shipment because the payment was not authorized by PayPal. Also I've heard that some of Rakuten sellers had very similar experience what I had. As my opinion, there might be similar situation on many Rakuten sellers......

This is really weird because i just recieved a package from rakuten's 2nd. I placed the order on thursday nov 15... If it was official as of november 1st...? maybe its a canadian thing? but rome1 got his. but ya, rakuten has been good to us all, but for now.. thank god for proxies.

This is really weird because i just recieved a package from rakuten's 2nd. I placed the order on thursday nov 15... If it was official as of november 1st...? maybe its a canadian thing? but rome1 got his. but ya, rakuten has been good to us all, but for now.. thank god for proxies.

I'm not sure well why your credit card was accepted..... I just found the announcement today. So I have no idea when their new policy was applied. Maybe after Nov 15????

Anyway, I hope Rakuten will resolve the issue very soon.

I ordered from PIRATES (two moon hoodies and samurai shirts) and had trouble with the credit card through rakuten thing. After a couple of emails he registered with paypal and I got the package this morning. He speaks English too. Even enclosed a hand written thank you note. Maybe some other stores would consider different methods of payment.

I heard that 2nd is moving toward using paypal as well. 2nd is still accepting my credit card as of the 5th of November. I ordered two pairs of Sams from them (S5000 and S0500), with no problems. I think that Rakuten is moving toward blocking certain high risk credit cards, mainly from the US. I'm in Australia and my card still gets accepted (for now).

I ordered from PIRATES (two moon hoodies and samurai shirts) and had trouble with the credit card through rakuten thing. After a couple of emails he registered with paypal and I got the package this morning. He speaks English too. Even enclosed a hand written thank you note. Maybe some other stores would consider different methods of payment.
I heard that 2nd is moving toward using paypal as well. 2nd is still accepting my credit card as of the 5th of November. I ordered two pairs of Sams from them (S5000 and S0500), with no problems. I think that Rakuten is moving toward blocking certain high risk credit cards, mainly from the US. I'm in Australia and my card still gets accepted (for now).

Yeah, I agree and I think paypal is the best option to accept credit card payment for the buyers from outside of Japan. Their secured payment system will provide easy transaction for both of the seller and buyer, I think.

Almost shops individually have a credit card processor. It will possibly work too.

Even though, I have heard a few months ago that almost Japanese credit companies made arrangement their secure level to high.