Options for Buying Japanese Denim

ok so i am currently working my way through an order at 2nd and it said that if the first time i do a bank transfer the second time i can do a purchase with my card, so i guess im doing a bank transfer this time.

ok so i am currently working my way through an order at 2nd and it said that if the first time i do a bank transfer the second time i can do a purchase with my card, so i guess im doing a bank transfer this time.

Check the thread, make sure you add the additional bank processing fee on their end if it's not in the price or you'll end up paying twice like someone mentioned a couple of pages back.

I'm pretty sure there is an option when transfering money to ask for a "no recevier processing fee" transfer, that might cost a little extra. Not sure if that applies to banks in Japan.

I order from 2nd and received a reply saying that I am required to do a bank transfer for my first order and I can use my credit card for next orders. I replied them asking if I request to ship domestic ( I have a address in Japan where they can ship to) could I pay by credit card instead and this is the reply I got from them:

いつもお世話になっております。2ND(セカンド)の井瀬です。

ご返信ありがとうございます。

先ほどのメールでも申し上げておりますが、

国内へ発送する場合はカード払いでも対応をしております。

(前回のメールでご返信しておりますが、国内発送はカード払いでも問題ありません)

詐欺かどうか判明するまで半年以上先の可能性もありますので

待っていただくのは現実的ではありません。

(詐欺が判明するのに6ヶ月以上かかる場合もありますので待つのはおすすめできません)

詐欺の件は当店でも困っておりますので現在のように一回目のお買い物はお振込みになりました。

申し訳ございませんがよろしくお願いします。

これからもできる限りの努力をさせて頂きますので

今後とも2ND(セカンド)をよろしくお願いします。

失礼します。

Really appreciate if some one could help to translate. Thanks

いつもお世話になっております。2ND(セカンド)の井瀬です。

ご返信ありがとうございます。

Thank you for your reply.

I'm Ise at 2nd.

先ほどのメールでも申し上げておりますが、

国内へ発送する場合はカード払いでも対応をしております。

(前回のメールでご返信しておりますが、国内発送はカード払いでも問題ありません)

As we mentioned on the last email, we accept Credit Card payment if we can ship our item to a domestic address.

(As we mentioned on the last email, it will be no problem at all even if you make the payment with your credit card if it was domestic shipment.)

詐欺かどうか判明するまで半年以上先の可能性もありますので

待っていただくのは現実的ではありません。

(詐欺が判明するのに6ヶ月以上かかる場合もありますので待つのはおすすめできません)

There is a possibility that we would need over 6 months to figure out the payment was frauded or not. But it's an unrealistic matter we never be able to recommend to any customers.

詐欺の件は当店でも困っておりますので現在のように一回目のお買い物はお振込みになりました。

We are in trouble related some of fraud payments so that we had to ask you to complete your payment by the bank transfer for your first time purchase on our site.

申し訳ございませんがよろしくお願いします。

これからもできる限りの努力をさせて頂きますので

今後とも2ND(セカンド)をよろしくお願いします。

失礼します。

We are sorry to trouble you regarding this matter. Please understand.

We will do our best for offering our service in the future as well.

Best regards,

2nd

I didn't add my arrangement on the translated message above. You might feel somehow strange message though, it's just caused by the different culture of our languages.

Good luck!

Zipangu, Thanks for your help in translation. Does that mean that '2nd will accept my payment in credit card if I provide them with a Japan shipping address?

You're welcome!

Yes, their message says so.

In case of Japanese address, we usually write from the tail of the shipping address.

Example;

international address:

Your Name

1-2-3, AAA

BBB(city), Tokyo

123-4567 Japan

Japanese domestic address:

123-4567

Tokyo-to BBB-(shi or ku, etc..) AAA 1-2-3

Your Name

Maybe the international shipping address will work though.....just a tips on writing a Japanese shipping address.

im just about to place an order at 2nd. since bank transfers are so uncommon in the us, that might be the reason why its so expensive and complicated. bank transfer is a common payment method in europe, at least in germany more popular even on ebay than paypal. if their fee to receive it (which i dont quite understand why there is such a thing) isnt incredibly high, its actually cheaper than paypal and its fees.

if their fee to receive it (which i dont quite understand why there is such a thing) isnt incredibly high, its actually cheaper than paypal and its fees.

I think this fee definitely doesn't make sense. I have been asking to some banks when I had a chance to ask about the issue 'why I have to pay such the fee only for receiving money???? Even high fees related 'exchange' and 'send money' are already charged to the sender'. But no body could answer for my question ever since.....

ive just transferred the money, and told 2nd so in simple english (and in japanese via a google translated version). everything should be fine. this is what they responded, im just asking because google gives weird translations, and babelfish says something about "you can point to the method of dispatching". can anybody translate it?

XXXXX様

いつもお世話になっております。セカンドの井瀬です。

早速のご対応ありがとうございました!!

了解いたしました!!

入金が確認できましたら発送の方をさせていただきますね。

これからも迅速、親切、丁寧をモットーとして

努力をさせて頂きますので、

2ND(セカンド)を今後ともよろしくお願いします。

失礼します。

ive just transferred the money, and told 2nd so in simple english (and in japanese via a google translated version). everything should be fine. this is what they responded, im just asking because google gives weird translations, and babelfish says something about "you can point to the method of dispatching". can anybody translate it?

Often I find http://honyaku.yahoo.co.jp gives decent results.

XXXXX

Thank you for your cooperation. It is the well shallows of the second.

Thank you for immediate correspondence! !

I understood it! !

If the receipt of money can confirm, I will do it towards shipment.

Thanks in advance for your help in 2ND( second) from now on because I will make an effort as a motto in swiftness, kindness, carefulness.

Excuse me.

XXXXX様

いつもお世話になっております。セカンドの井瀬です。

早速のご対応ありがとうございました!!

了解いたしました!!

入金が確認できましたら発送の方をさせていただきますね。

これからも迅速、親切、丁寧をモットーとして

努力をさせて頂きますので、

2ND(セカンド)を今後ともよろしくお願いします。

失礼します。

This message says just 'I will ship the item after receipt of payment'.

If I translate it exactly what he said 'I will ship the item after I could confirm that your money transferred to my bank account'.

xpost from samurai thread

2nd ships overseas. Expect to pay $35 for shipping, $15 or so for a bank transfer (make sure you transfer enough to cover their bank fees or you must transfer twice). Or you can use a proxy from anyone in Japan.

its more like 30 if you cover all the fees. my 710s from 2nd shipped yesterday. i can recommend ordering directly from them. after all, the direct bank transfer was slightly cheaper than paying for a proxy and all the fees paypal charges. i ordered last week, transferred the money on friday, they shipped them on monday.

so its really not complicated, you can solve most things with google translator. they practically dont speak english, but theyre really friendly and quick.

set up a rakuten account, order, transfer the money, receive tracking #, thats it.

theres 3 ways to do a international bank transfer, either they account for all fees, fees are split, or you account for all of them. choose the latter or advise youre bank to do so and youre set. all info you need can be found on here.

def no problem, esp with how common online banking is today. maybe in the us big is more convenient, but with the 50$ they charge for shipping, for europeans this is an alternative you should consider.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder why this thread has been dead for a while.

I was surfing through Hinoya and found this on the bottom of every page:

"Copyright (C) HINOYA CO.,LTD. 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Information on this site is for Japanese domestic market only."

Does this pretty much confirm that Hinoya no longer ships overseas, or has that been covered already?

I wonder why this thread has been dead for a while.

I was surfing through Hinoya and found this on the bottom of every page:

"Copyright (C) HINOYA CO.,LTD. 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Information on this site is for Japanese domestic market only."

Does this pretty much confirm that Hinoya no longer ships overseas, or has that been covered already?

I thought they were one of the stores that never did???

I thought they were one of the stores that never did???

Everytime I placed and order with them (3 times) they always said that they don't have a process for shipping overseas but that they would make an exception this time and do it. Then 3 days later = :D

whats the story with all this jazz now, anyway...?

do any rakuten stores ship internationally with payment via credit card, or do you need to do the whole paypal thing...?

im a little outta the loop - and not really in the market for purchasing much at the moment, having been to JP recently and also being pretty broke/trying to save etc etc.

Everytime I placed and order with them (3 times) they always said that they don't have a process for shipping overseas but that they would make an exception this time and do it. Then 3 days later = :D

Ah, I did not know that...

whats the story with all this jazz now, anyway...?

do any rakuten stores ship internationally with payment via credit card, or do you need to do the whole paypal thing...?

im a little outta the loop - and not really in the market for purchasing much at the moment, having been to JP recently and also being pretty broke/trying to save etc etc.

2nd accepts credit cards as long as you've ordered from them in the past. 1st time users have to do the $$$-transfer thing. They're the only store I've ordered from in Japan.

I just placed an order from vari and it got declined using my regular rakuten account and previously-used CC. They took care of me via paypal, but according to the generic rakuten auto-emails, i didn't see any rejection...I have ordered from vari before with the same CC....just an FYI update, since the thread got bumped.

I ordered two Sugar Cane garrison belts about a month ago and they only took a few days to get here. Through paypal, discounted amount on custom forms so that led to no extra fees, and they correspond in English very well. I'm deciding if I need to buy a pair of raw SC1947s from them in the near future.

^^nah KC's is fucking awesome with their customer service. There one of my favorite companys to deal with. throw some pics of that belt up!!! is it the double stitch one???

I just ordered another redmoon keybag (different one than i have) jus to see if shit would go through to 2nd ok, and as stated above if you have ordered from them in the past your good to go, if not you have to do a bank transfer.

but at this point with how shitty the american dollar is looking its not the best time to order anything from overseas. :(

This is the belt (not my pic). I've been eying it for a while. True about the dollar value, but I think it was only like $6-7 difference from when I first started thinking about it. It is totally awesome and more "powerful" than I thought. It seems a little stiffer/drier than I expected, so I'm gonna condition it up with some obenaufs before I start wearing it...it is awesome though.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/kc-s/532560/533749/

img10201908254.jpeg

These shops will ship outside of Japan:

pants shop avenue

i noticed this shop on the list to buy directly from, but has anyone actually bought anything from them? i emailed them almost a week ago and they never responded so i want to know if anyone did go with them how they went about doing it.

i noticed this shop on the list to buy directly from, but has anyone actually bought anything from them? i emailed them almost a week ago and they never responded so i want to know if anyone did go with them how they went about doing it.

i wrote them a couple of times , and always got an answer. but havent ordered with them yet. just send an e mail again. they seem nice, and speak english.

best