Options for Buying Japanese Denim

They're pretty much declining all cards from America due to the number of fraudulatent/stolen credit cards used on Rakuten stores.

You have no idea how much money online stores lose on a monthly basis from people using stolen/fraudulent credit card numbers.

What about Canadian based Credit cards? Im assuming they will be affected as well? If all else fails, ive got my proxies but still curious because from the majority of complaints lately, they've all come from american consumers...

What about Canadian based Credit cards? Im assuming they will be affected as well? If all else fails, ive got my proxies but still curious because from the majority of complaints lately, they've all come from american consumers...

There is nothing exceptional announcements regarding the un-acceptable oversea credit cards mentioned on Rakuten. I think it means 'ALL' credit cards except Japanese based credit cards.

Another update:

I have originally researched about the credit card issue a little bit more deeper.

It seems that some of credit card based outside of Japan are still accepted by the credit card processor provided by Rakuten. Some of my friends who are operating web shop on Rakuten told me about this news. But it seems that their item transactions based on oversea shoppers are commonly decreasing. It might be enforced by the issue.

i ordered a wallet and a cellphone case from 2nd, then i received an email tell me to do bank transfer at the first time,after the bank transfer so i can use my creditcard later.

i exchanged 41825 yen and transfered it to 2nd. latter, i received another mail said there was 2500 yen short,because of the transation fee. and they ask me to transfer 2500 yen again. (for each transation i need to pay my bank $20nzd =1600yen) i just think it's not worth to spend 20 dollar to transfer another 30 dollar.( those 2500yen was their bank's transaction fee, right?) so i ordered a wallet chain from them and ask them to charging it from my credit card plus the 2500yen(which i don't thin i should pay) from last time . guess what ? they send me an email tell me my credit card is not available.

i'm so pissed off. you had my money, you asking me to pay your transaction fee and you tell me my card is not avvailable.

if i make another bank transfer,it wiil end up with 10000yen extra on top of the original price.

fuk! they already had some of my money.

i want give them another nuclear-bomb-badger.jpg

i exchanged 41825 yen and transfered it to 2nd. latter, i received another mail said there was 2500 yen short,because of the transation fee. and they ask me to transfer 2500 yen again.

I had a very similar experience in the past as a seller too. I have never imagined such the situation that I would be charged extra exchange fee from the bank when I received money through the bank transfer system at the first time. In my case, 4,000 yen were charged by the bank as the bank transaction fee to receive only for around 25,000yen.

I think the 2500 yen is a discounted cost kindly showed by 2nd. Commonly the 2500yen fee is set on the almost Japanese bank as the basic fee of the international bank transfer fee which is going to charge to the receiver. Plus, some other fee should be added on the basic fee. I totally didn't understand why I had to pay such the high fee to only receive the money in my first experience. The bank transaction fee required for international bank transfer individually rated by the each bank in Japan.

So, a buyer from outside of Japan who would use the bank transfer system will usually have to pay around 8,000-10,000yen per one purchase.

I had a very similar experience in the past as a seller too. I have never imagined such the situation that I would be charged extra exchange fee from the bank when I received money through the bank transfer system at the first time. In my case, 4,000 yen were charged by the bank as the bank transaction fee to receive only for around 25,000yen.

I think the 2500 yen is a discounted cost kindly showed by 2nd. Commonly the 2500yen fee is set on the almost Japanese bank as the basic fee of the international bank transfer fee which is going to charge to the receiver. Plus, some other fee should be added on the basic fee. I totally didn't understand why I had to pay such the high fee to only receive the money in my first experience. The bank transaction fee required for international bank transfer individually rated by the each bank in Japan.

So, a buyer from outside of Japan who would use the bank transfer system will usually have to pay around 8,000-10,000yen per one purchase.

how do you worked it out? ask the customer to do 4000 yen transfer again? in this 4000 yen transaction, is there another 4000 yen transaction fee occur? or ask the the customer to transfer 8000 yen, so it also cover the transaction occured in the second time. in a customer's view, i mean ,i need to pay both my bank's and your bank's transaction fee, twice. it's total 4 times transaction fee i need to pay. it's really unfair for me.

As you thought, the customer might have to pay the fees again if I asked to the customer to pay only for the fee again to me. I wondered about the issue then I suggested to the customer to add to pay 2500 yen as the extra fee when he would use my proxy next time. Because I thought that the issue was happened by my poor knowledge too and it will be make a fair deel for both of us. Currently the 2500 yen is still suspended because the customer has not used my proxy after that yet. But we are still keeping in touch and he is very friendly person as well. So, I don't mind about it at all.

thanks for the help. how long does it usually take if i ordered it?

You ordered from 2nd. They will send you an email saying that they don't speak english and you need to approve an additional 3500 yen in shipping costs or thereabouts. Once you agree to paying the additional shipping costs (in simple japanese or maybe really simple english), they will send it promptly via EMS, and give you a tracking number. Assuming you respond to the necessary emails, figure a week or a little bit more.

That's assuming your order was successful and your card was accepted.

how wouldi approve it?

First, you need to sort out your language pack issues, then use babelfish or google translate to see what the emails you have say. I suspect your first email is either a failure/rejection or an automated acceptance. You should get an email written by someone at 2nd at some point. You'll need to follow their directions then in order to sort things out.

Hi, good morning!!

I can not read the message you linked from the post above likely someone said that it is displayed in error because of encoding.

Contact me through PM with mentioning your email address, I will send an email to you so that you can forward the original email sent from 2nd to me if the email is displayed in correctly.

As some examples;

Personal Check or Cashier's Check sent via registered airmail to Japan:

Required approx 2.5% money conversion fee depends on the current exchange rate + transaction fee around 4000 JPY or more.

The transaction fee is determined under the rate and rule provided by the each bank. And small branch usually doesn't accept exchange money from Personal Check or Cashier's Check. So we usually have to go to a larger bank to proceed it. I think almost Japanese sellers don't prefer the payment method.

Cash in envelope sent via registered airmial:

Required approx 2.5% money conversion fee depends on the current exchange rate.

Money Order sent via Western Union:

Required 2500 JPY

Note: The other methods provided by WU to send money is not allowed.

But almost Japanese sellers don't have an account of Western Union. It usually takes 14-20 days to create an account for ourselves.

Direct Credit Card Payment asking to the seller:

This is not permitted by Rakuten if a buyer bought an item on a Rakuten store. The buyer may have to cancel the previous order then proceed it again outside of Rakuten if the seller allowed.

PayPal Payment:

I feel this is not major for Japanese people yet. But PayPal has started to provide their service in Japanese language since around last March so that every one can easily make an account of PayPal at once.

If there is any misunderstanding including the info above, I will update later.

Good luck!

>spudder

hahaha, It's so hard to read the English.........

Why don't you send the following message in Japanese to 2nd.

--------------------------------From here-------------------------------------------

2ndさま

email ありがとうございます。

申し訳ございませんが、お書き頂いた内容が良くわかりません。

日本語で構いませんので、再度、メールをお送り頂けないでしょうか?

私の知人に日本人がいますので、訳してもらいます。

よろしくお願い致します。

your nameより

-------------------------------------------end---------------------------------------------

means;

Dear 2nd,

Thank you for your email.

Sorry, but I don't understand well what you wanted to say on the reply.

Please send your email in Japanese language again so that an acquaintance will help me to translate your email.

Regards,

your name

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remove your personal info then post it if you received one more email.

I have to go out soon but I will respond you 5-6 hours later.

Also, he knows about me even he doesn't know my shop name 'zipangu treasures' though....... Maybe I can help you.

Edit: maybe PM would be better, I think.

Good luck to you!