Options for Buying Japanese Denim

Google can't translate for shit. Babel fish isn't all that much better. If you order from 2nd, items get to Aus in about 3-4 days. Maybe a day or two extra for Perth. :D:o

i feel like i should offer some sort of spiteful yet witty retort about the football, but i shant :cool:

The translations always come out really confusing. 2nd is awesome with their shipping and customer satisfaction. It'll get there and they always throw these crazy lil' gifts in the box as well like car air fresheners and stuff.

It'll get there and they always throw these crazy lil' gifts in the box as well like car air fresheners and stuff.

i hope so.....they are needed...badly.

Fingers crossed for a SS v. WCE rematch for the grand final - decider.:D :D :D

the last two have been absolute corkers!

Wow what a rude cunt you are! .... j/k

Says they don't know how long it will take to reach Oz but are shipping them tomorrow. The rest is mostly regular formal mubo-jumbo that doesn't really mean anything. Things like please enjoy your item and we hope to have good relations with you et al.. That last part which can come out of a translation site as 'rude' is actually a formal sign off which is closer to 'excuse me' but not used the same way... alot of this is cultural and doesn't cross-translate so well.

Tell them next time to use more simple Japanese, lol. (no keigo plz... hehe)

^^Jackpot is not on the verified list of overseas rakuten sellers. With the others, they are a mixed bag. Some of them ship overseas (eg Take-off), most don't. Some will at least send you an email apologising for not being able to send them overseas. Others are just rude fuckers like this Jackpot place. Rakuten ichiban automatically authorises the amount on your credit card, but the store itself cannot charge unless you give them the okay. Which means, if they haven't sent you a confirmation from the store and ask for authorisation to charge, then they're just lazy cunts who can't be bothered to mail back to any potential overseas customers. If you really want something from this store, I suggest you wait a week until the authorisation is lifted on your card and get a proxy to buy it for you and send it to you.

Sorry for the language, but I don't like being dicked around by asshole store owners who could have at least the decency to email a quick message back.

go check your CC at its website and you'll see right away if there is a charge even if its (pending) if theres a charge do something about it, they may just have not gotten your email.??

Will do. however, is there any way to just cancel my order with them? I'll try ordering from one of the other stores that sells what i'm trying to buy, and if not i'll just through a proxy as my last resort i guess...

^^Jackpot is not on the verified list of overseas rakuten sellers. With the others, they are a mixed bag. Some of them ship overseas (eg Take-off), most don't. Some will at least send you an email apologising for not being able to send them overseas. Others are just rude fuckers like this Jackpot place. Rakuten ichiban automatically authorises the amount on your credit card, but the store itself cannot charge unless you give them the okay. Which means, if they haven't sent you a confirmation from the store and ask for authorisation to charge, then they're just lazy cunts who can't be bothered to mail back to any potential overseas customers. If you really want something from this store, I suggest you wait a week until the authorisation is lifted on your card and get a proxy to buy it for you and send it to you.

Yea. none of the stores on that list have what i'm looking for. and only a couple on rakuten have it. So it was either Jackpot or this other store, and i'm beginning to think i should have chosen the other store.

hi, does anyone know if the store butterfly caught or sputnicks offers internation shipping? (trying to order a slick m65)

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/butterf/

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/spu/

thanks

Just buy off them and wait. If they send, great, if not, add it to the list of non-overseas rakuten sellers (with BEARS and PORKIES at No.1_) :mad:

Yea. none of the stores on that list have what i'm looking for. and only a couple on rakuten have it. So it was either Jackpot or this other store, and i'm beginning to think i should have chosen the other store.

Try the other store once the authorised amount has been lifted. If you really want it though, proxy is probably the fastest way.

So it will be lifted most likely tomorrow i assume? today is the 7th day i believe.

Depends on the credit card company. AMEX tends to take their sweet time. VISA's probably the best followed closely by Mastercard. A merchant can put an authorisation right away to secure funds off the credit card. This ensures that the money will be there when they send the item. If the merchant doesn't go through with the transaction, only the merchant can lift the authorisation right away. And since Rakuten is like Yahoo shopping and actually has nothing to do with Jackpot other than host them on their site, there isn't anyone you can contact to get it lifted any quicker. I think VISA is five working days. I have a MC which takes about a week or so. I'm not sure about AMEX, but I've heard enough horror stories from others never to use it. If you've got a bigger spending limit, you can just purchase from the other store. If Jackpot ever do get to getting around to sending a confirmation email and you've got one coming from that other store, you can tell Jackpot to "go fuck themselves" (nicely of course.;) )

Depends on the credit card company. AMEX tends to take their sweet time. VISA's probably the best followed closely by Mastercard. A merchant can put an authorisation right away to secure funds off the credit card. This ensures that the money will be there when they send the item. If the merchant doesn't go through with the transaction, only the merchant can lift the authorisation right away. And since Rakuten is like Yahoo shopping and actually has nothing to do with Jackpot other than host them on their site, there isn't anyone you can contact to get it lifted any quicker. I think VISA is five working days. I have a MC which takes about a week or so. I'm not sure about AMEX, but I've heard enough horror stories from others never to use it. If you've got a bigger spending limit, you can just purchase from the other store. If Jackpot ever do get to getting around to sending a confirmation email and you've got one coming from that other store, you can tell Jackpot to "go fuck themselves" (nicely of course.;) )

It's a Visa, so I guess I'll just try ordering from that other site. It would really suck if next week a package comes in the mail from a store called Jackpot :confused:. Not likely, but it will surely suck.

It's a Visa, so I guess I'll just try ordering from that other site. It would really suck if next week a package comes in the mail from a store called Jackpot :confused:. Not likely, but it will surely suck.

I highly doubt it. Almost all sellers ship via EMS which means they would have sent you a tracking number. If a week's gone by with no action, I really don't think it's going to happen.

I ordered a pair of BK's from 2nd on the 31st and they shipped it out to my door on the 2nd. It said it was charged on my card on the 9th but it just showed up yesterday. So I dont know, these things can be weird. I would just wait it out for a few weeks to be safe.

Side note, does anyone know how much the bank charges for international usage? And is there a special card that is better for overseas transactions if you were to order a lot from Raukten sites?

It said it was charged on my card on the 9th but it just showed up yesterday.

The way cards are charged in Japan is weird. Last time I ordered, it arrived within 3 days but it didn't show up on my card until the following month.

Side note, does anyone know how much the bank charges for international usage? And is there a special card that is better for overseas transactions if you were to order a lot from Raukten sites?

Depends on the bank on what they charge. I get charged a foreign currency processing fee ($4) plus the bank always has its own buy and sell exchange rate adjusted in their favour so they make an additional small percentage on the ammount they convert for you. Then if you use paypal there is another cut that paypal takes out (the seller gets hit with that one).

Well, with credit cards, the merchant gets slugged with a commission, you get slugged with an international conversion fee (and the exchange rate is adjusted in their favour). With paypal, the merchant gets slugged a lot more than credit cards, You get slugged with the worst currency conversion spread any broker could possibly get away with in the real world. The only real way around it is to just send cash in an envelope, which is crazy dangerous (and in some countries, illegal). I'll pay a little extra to ensure the credit card company can get my money back if things go sour.

Rakuten tends to charge several weeks after item is sent. I have no idea. Maybe interactions between the rakuten ichiban and the store are slow. Whatever. If they do send it though, you will get charged.

Is there anyone here (eg. mods) who can go in and update the first page? there are any number of new rakuten stores that ship overseas and do not ship overseas. Time to update so that we can save each other some time (like what happened to Pew Pew)

For anyone late on the news, embargoes have been in place for quite some time now. Whether or not it is being enforced is up in the air but it seems as though there has been some restriction added.

hi, does anyone know if the store butterfly caught or sputnicks offers internation shipping? (trying to order a slick m65)

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/butterf/

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/spu/

thanks

not sure about butterfly, but SPU doesnt ship overseas