Work Boots - WHITE'S, VIBERG, WESCO

Exit_40mph

Fair enough mate.

Just seems odd as writing with your right hand is a cultural convention (we're all generally taught as kids to write with our right rather than our left), whilst a bigger foot seems pre-determined by biology.

Here's some pictures of my new horsehide semi-dress, crossposted from the horsehide contest thread.

Q91hrl.jpg

0Ej7Hl.jpg

D9a8il.jpg

uFPLLl.jpg

Good stuff! Are the heels lower than "stock"? What are the specs?

Edited by Moonshine

Thank you. The specs include a 1/4 lowered Cuban heel, single brown midsole, #700 half sole, close trim, standard last, no pull loops, a red liner and the toe cap. Aside from the horsehide colors I think that's it.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Anyone have advice about a good, tall work boot? I'm thinking Wesco Firestormer, it's got some great features--black fire leather, kevlar stichting, fire proof sole and hard-toe. They run about $415 from Baker's.

^i guess it depends on how important the fire proof sole is to you.

don't think you can go wrong with either wesco or white's. i only have experience with white's and highly recommend a pair of 8/10 inch smoke jumpers. the wescos look great; if my bounty hunters didn't fit me so well, i would probably try wesco jobmasters for my next pair.

both companies make excellent boots. if i were you i would find out which brand carries a last that fits you the best. actually i would just talk to kyle @ baker's boots and let him help find the right boot for you.