Work Boots - WHITE'S, VIBERG, WESCO

Exit_40mph

Firstly, they look like mountaineering boots. This thread was specifically started for work boots. Otherwise we'll just end up with another shoes thread which will be utterly pointless.

Secondly, please stop 'copping'... aren't you like 50 years old?

Thirdly, and fourthly and fifthly....

Posted · Hidden by im_shy, January 22, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by im_shy, January 22, 2012 - No reason given
Thankss...they're White's northwest

where did you buy them? i googled them & could only find these : http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30311

Guest redchris
Firstly, they look like mountaineering boots. This thread was specifically started for work boots. Otherwise we'll just end up with another shoes thread which will be utterly pointless.

Secondly, please stop 'copping'... aren't you like 50 years old?

Thirdly, and fourthly and fifthly....

Yes, of course, there is a huge distinction, I mean none of those boots in the Lightning magazine look remotely like mountaineering boots do they?

I presume you want me to act and talk in a particular way, or would you rather me go to another forum more suitable for my type?

Are you South African? Apartheid has ended you know.

Guest redchris
I'm not usually one to comment on matters of taste, but those Urban Outfitters boots are terribly unattractive.

I'll post pics when they arrive, guess what if they are not suitable... I can return the buggers!

Already posted in the evo thread, but this one seems more appropriate.

1001908e.jpg

Those are awesome, are they Vibergs?

As headsistails explained, those are a custom pair of White's Northwest, but Viberg has the Scout featured on their website and it has imo a similar profile. Personally I prefer the 8 eyelets on the White's, and the blue suede looks great! Not sure about Viberg's "heavy weight hemp" construction either...

sX14y.png

just to warn those..

the vibram 2021 unit sole, (as pictured on those vibergs) is a pice of marshmallowy shit in my opinion..

only good on dry streets is about all it is worth..

i just shipped back my whites with it after a week to be rebuilt with a Vibram 403 sole proper.

Guest redchris
Put it this way, there would be no tears shed.

So, are you saying you want me to stop posting on this forum because I am 50 , or have you just taken exception to me personally?

If its the latter , you are at the end of a very long line.

Just like to know.

FWIW (which is not much) I just did a demo build of my ideal pair of Wesco Jobmasters. Two tone with roughout/smooth leathers and lace to toe. Total $653, worth it but damn, spensive. Oh well maybe with next years tax refund, this years is earmarked for a pair of Trickers. Oh and paying an outstanding debt.

• 1 year later...

I just purchased the Wolverine 1000 mile boot. I live in Canada so walking around with the leather sole exposed poses not only a safey risk but the risk of damaging the leather. I had a local cobbler put a vibram sole on (could go into more detail about which one, how the canter or role of the leather affected how thick it could be etc but). Long story short it cost another 50 bucks. So in all $450.00 for a pair of Wolverines. Now I'm not saying Wolverines are not a good boot but I will say they don't stack up against a Viberg. I get to choose which color of chromexel I get along with what type of sole, stitching and toe shape. For an extra $200.00 I think it's worth it.

I'm going to ask the fellas at Viberg if it is okay to post their catalog on here because I'm not sure the North American market is aware of all they have to offer.

I just purchased the Wolverine 1000 mile boot. I live in Canada so walking around with the leather sole exposed poses not only a safey risk but the risk of damaging the leather. I had a local cobbler put a vibram sole on (could go into more detail about which one, how the canter or role of the leather affected how thick it could be etc but). Long story short it cost another 50 bucks. So in all $450.00 for a pair of Wolverines. ...

Don't pay much more than 250 for the 1000 mile boots

Don't pay much more than 250 for the 1000 mile boots

I'm in Canada so the $250.00 translates to the $350-$400.00 range. It's bullshit but for some reason we pay more for everything. Ordering from the US or elsewhere either costs a shitload for shipping or Canada Customs treats it like a dirty bomb and makes you wait and often pay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got these bad boys! Brown 10" jobmasters with 1/2" lower heel, brown lining, black kevlar stitching and 403 soles. They should last me forever!

f55608ee.jpg

632bef21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly a common (pun) brand in this thread, but I've just received some Common Projects work boots on a big discount; sized down 1 from my achilles size in case anyone is interested.

Normally I go for Alden or Red Wing, but have to say these are pretty great in terms of fit and design, the craftsmanship is also pretty impressive, reminds me of CP's earlier years, buttery leather etc.

Never noticed before, but my left foot is wider than my right, as the right is a perfect fit after an hour of wear, whilst the left is still tight! Hopefully the width stretches a bit more.

Quick pics:

photo1-21.jpg

photo2-19.jpg