The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

hows the fit on me? for some reason on the side(near the upper thigh) when i stand up it sticks out.. i dont know how to explain it. also i notice that my crotch is noticeable when i sit down lol.. should i sag them a little bit?

had to exchange them for a size bigger (sized up 1)

1 pre soak and 1 soak after 1 weeks wear

1 month

[edit better pic wiht shoes]

DSC04805.jpg

DSC04781.jpg

DSC04786.jpg

DSC04793.jpg

Flat Head 3001

12 Months / 8 months of actual wear / 3 Washes / Retired

Note: The crotch did not blow out by itself, an unnamed Superfuture member "grabbed" at my crotch at the SEXSF Party at the end of the night and tore my cross-stitch region open.

fh_01.jpg

fh_02.jpg

fh_03.jpg

fh_04.jpg

fh_05.jpg

fh_06.jpg

fh_07.jpg

Photos: Mr. 3001

Flat Head 3001

Photos: Mr. 3001

Self Edge has been kind enough to sponsor and support my gallery exhibition 'What Are You Wearing Today?', opening on March 27th, 2008. As a result, we are giving away a brand new pair of Flat Head 3001 jeans in your size to celebrate the occasion!

contest.jpg

>

mr3000poster.jpg

i'm a little confused with the sizing

what size should I get if I wear

28 for APC NS (sized down 3 sizes, couldn't button everything at first)

30 for Dior MIJ 19cm

I'm thinking about sz 31?

Yup, size 31.

i wish i got into denim earlier. even though i'd lurked around forever i just couldn't bring myself to buy such expensive pieces of clothing lol. something during/after graduation before summer starts i plan on purchasing one of these beauties.

now even though it's gonna be a while before i get these, i wear a 30 in APC new standards and they've stretched out pretty nicely now after about 2 months of wear, and i'd like my 3001's to fit something like that. and i tried on some 501's (regular levi, not lvc or anything) and a 32 fit fine.

i'm assuming a 32 would suffice but there's a popular consensus saying size up 1. it's a good thing i've got 3 months to think this over lol.

if it helps, i'm 5'4, 150 lbs.

^if not, than what do you suggest i should get? i've considered samurai's and sugarcanes but the 3001's appeal the most to me, like sidney's and kiya's.

i'm not fat btw, but more athletically built so definitely not your average sufu'er, especially since i'm short too lol.

i'll try and post a picture of me in my new standard's to let you see what my fit is like.

edit: check the link for pics

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=909837&postcount=117

i think i could've sized down to a 29 considering how much they've stretched. i think everytime i sleep in them they stretch a ton. i've only slept in them twice though, because i don't have much of a choice of attire when i'm on the couch or on the floor lol.

I'm no expert but at that height I'd think you'd need a smaller size for the silhouette to work out, but at that weight I don't think you'll be able to squeeze your thighs into a pair that small...hopefully the powers that be might be able to point you in the right direction (380's?)!

hopefully the powers that be might be able to point you in the right direction (380's?)!

The powers that be? Really?

Oh God! My thighs are so big! Oh please Jesus help me! I MUST fit into those slim expensive Japanese jeans or else how will I impress other skinny guys on the internet?? Oh Lord! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE NORMAL PROPORTIONS?????????

p.s. - Check out Sugarcane's jeans (The Okinawa or Hawaii would be good for you IMO). Also the Samurai s5000. Sidneylo's 3001s look awesome, but there are plenty of other awesome jeans out there. If you want to stick with Flathead, check out the F380 or the s5003. The F380 is a straighter cut, though it still has kind of narrow thighs. The s5003 might look good, but I'd have to see them in person.

The powers that be? Really?

Oh God! My thighs are so big! Oh please Jesus help me! I MUST fit into those slim expensive Japanese jeans or else how will I impress other skinny guys on the internet?? Oh Lord! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE NORMAL PROPORTIONS?????????

heh, by "the powers that be", I meant kiya, etc. who I consider the final word on FH advice...:cool:

I certainly didn't intend to imply someone is overweight because they can't fit into 3001's, just that there are better options for cleaner fits for different body types. I think we'd both agree that it doesn't make sense to wear something that doesn't fit well? But whatever its all good and in the end you gave more helpful advice...:P

Sangalang,

I think from the photos and what you've said about sizing, you should try out a size 33.. If you've got a bit of room just do a hot soak for an hour and let them air dry.. They shrink down in all areas quite a bit after the first soak.

so this will be my first purchase of hardcore japanese denim. should i get the 3001 or the f310? i tend to buy the 3001 as the pockets shape is nicer, the stitching is not that good though. :confused:

dude, it's the same pair of jeans. who cares about the arcs? you fucking suck at posting on this board.

so this will be my first purchase of hardcore japanese denim. should i get the 3001 or the f310? i tend to buy the 3001 as the pockets shape is nicer, the stitching is not that good though. :confused:

dude, it's the same pair of jeans. who cares about the arcs? you fucking suck at posting on this board.

asking twice is what i usually do before i buy something, i know it's annoying sometimes. i'm really sorry. :(

Don't worry about it man. Just get the 3001's. The cotton thread will last long enough.

my f310s are just starting to change... the first shot is pretty much exact color, maybe a little lighter thanks to the sunshine than they normally appear

f310s at some months:

(most symmetrical whiskering ive ever seen)

2273482364_a369accac2.jpg

2273482368_fd74bc71c5.jpg

2273482370_a671dd52f3.jpg

despite sagging these (and them being pretty damn fitted) the crotch has held up remarkably well, much better than i expected

2273482358_94600b2391.jpg

2273482352_e141b9dee8.jpg

2273482346_7c582a793a.jpg