The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

syd, A+ work. mata leo, dont give up, if you wear these exclusively for a few more months, you'll thank me for the encouragement. yours already have sick potential. the peeps @FH should send syd a free pair of SE's, a belt, or something.

Got my 3001s and you guys werent lying about sizing up cause these are pretty tight for true to size. Im gonna do a lukewarm soak and hopefully I'll still be able to fit in them.

What size did you get and where are they tight? From the looks of things, I venture you'll be ok even w/ a warm soak, but you might want to start first w/ a cold soak. The thighs don't look at all tight.

Got my 3001s and you guys werent lying about sizing up cause these are pretty tight for true to size. Im gonna do a lukewarm soak and hopefully I'll still be able to fit in them.

They don't look too tight to me. I think you have them pulled up kind of high which is making them look tighter. I think you'll be good after a soak. Mine were way tighter than that pre-soak so I sent them back to size up.

What size did you get and where are they tight? From the looks of things, I venture you'll be ok even w/ a warm soak, but you might want to start first w/ a cold soak. The thighs don't look at all tight.

Only the waist is tight, as for the thighs I feel they're perfect right now but after I soak they might shrink too much. Im going to try to stretch them while it's wet to hopefully minimize the shrinkage.

They don't look too tight to me. I think you have them pulled up kind of high which is making them look tighter. I think you'll be good after a soak. Mine were way tighter than that pre-soak so I sent them back to size up.

Yeah they're high up cause of the tightness of the waist. But i've managed to stretch them a little to wear them a little lower but again after the soak im pretty much screwed. Yours looks good, so I guess if I size up there wouldnt be much of difference.

Only the waist is tight, as for the thighs I feel they're perfect right now but after I soak they might shrink too much. Im going to try to stretch them while it's wet to hopefully minimize the shrinkage.

Yeah they're high up cause of the tightness of the waist. But i've managed to stretch them a little to wear them a little lower but again after the soak im pretty much screwed. Yours looks good, so I guess if I size up there wouldnt be much of difference.

The thighs seem to be what cause for most gents (and definitely did for me) the most problems. They're just so damned narrow compared to the width of the waist. Moreover, I've found that thighs on so many jeans are hard to stretch without deliberate effort to do so. The waist stretches much more easily and definitely faster w/ routine activity, like walking and sitting. If the thighs are comfortable even when worn so high, I wouldn't worry about the tightness of the waist.

Just remember before they dry (semi dry semi wet), please wear them so the the fabric wont shrink to much, nice fit though!

Well I soaked them today, not even a hot soak but with lukewarm water that turned to cold water in a matter of minutes but still they still shrank a lot. The shrunken waist I could live with but the thighs shrank so much and so did the rise. The whole ass part just shrank literally. So now theyre on the supermarket. Damn they were great jeans too. What a bummer.:(

C'mon... you're giving up that easily? They stretch back out. If they don't shrink, how are they going to grow onto you?

Aiya... sufu fit!

When i soaked my Flatheads they shrank more than i expected, but after some wear they feel and look really good. I agree, just wear them.

Quick question: If I'm going for the classic sufu fit would you guys recommend getting a sz.31 if i'm a 30 in APC NS and a 31 in Warehouse contest jeans which by the way could of sized down to a 30 or go with a 30. Selfedge only has the 31 available and they are all out of sz. 30's? Thanks in advance.

Well after wearing them around the house for a couple of hours they fit alot better now. My waist feels soar but its bearable. The thighs are skin tight but hey. I decided I will keep them and just wear it out. Im sure they'll stretch even more. Thanks guys for all the help.

heres post soak fits. I should have arranged them like the orginal, too lazy though.

Fit-Pic-Post-Soak.jpg

P1000995.jpg

i was really looking forward to these. i bought a size 30 (im a 31 waist) and i cant even button them up. the thighs are pretty tight also, so if i soak them they'll be skin tight. i'm thinking about getting a 32? should that fit perfectly after the soak?

ps if anyone wants to buy the size 30 off me PM me quick. i'm gonan return them to SE tomorrow if i get no PM's. $300 shipped (i paid $304) my loss your gain.. i know its not much of a gain but im losing money on shipping also so yeah..

i was really looking forward to these. i bought a size 30 (im a 31 waist) and i cant even button them up. the thighs are pretty tight also, so if i soak them they'll be skin tight. i'm thinking about getting a 32? should that fit perfectly after the soak?

ps if anyone wants to buy the size 30 off me PM me quick. i'm gonan return them to SE tomorrow if i get no PM's. $300 shipped (i paid $304) my loss your gain.. i know its not much of a gain but im losing money on shipping also so yeah..

Why would you lose money on em?

Just return them for a different size..

Yea just return them man. I had to do the same thing and Kiya is the man and shipped out my new pair the day he got my old ones.

I'm kind of not feeling my Flatheads though either. The 31's fit pre-wash how I wanted them to post-wash. So I figured an inch of shrinkage in the waist plus stretching so I returned for the 32's. Well they fit pretty much the same as the 31's. The waist measures out to a 32, not a 33 like they are suppose to. So I got them up in the supermarket. I'll hook somebody up with a good deal and if I do sell them I think I'm just going to get some F380's in a 33 or some Ironheart 634's.

I'm kind of not feeling my Flatheads though either. The 31's fit pre-wash how I wanted them to post-wash. So I figured an inch of shrinkage in the waist plus stretching so I returned for the 32's. Well they fit pretty much the same as the 31's. The waist measures out to a 32, not a 33 like they are suppose to. So I got them up in the supermarket. I'll hook somebody up with a good deal and if I do sell them I think I'm just going to get some F380's in a 33 or some Ironheart 634's.

what size are you true to size?

what size are you true to size?

I normally wear 31's. In Dior and Nudie. And if the 32's measured a 33 like they were suppose to then it would have been perfect, but for some reason they measure a 32. I don't know if these came from a different batch or something but it's not cool.

hey guys....I've been reading the thread...was just wondering....I bought a pair of 30 3100's, they are a good fit now but I've only soak them for 1 hour cold....is that enough??? some of the starch is still on it I think....and it bleeds like shit....so u think I should soak again?? coz I'm sacred of any more soaking

thanks all

None of that information was helpful at all.

As it was stated before, measure your true waist, and size up one. You can check the Self Edge charts for the 310 to double check the actual measured waist if you'd like.

^What is 'true waist' ?

is there official 'true waist' measurement spot? relative to navel? relative to some other part of my body?

Thanks.

for 3001 fitting, I would say measure a current pair of comfortable jeans in the waist, compare to raw waist on Self Edge chart, and get about the same, maybe round down up to an inch if you are not concerned with thighs being too tight. (waist will stretch more noticibly than thighs)

Sizing is tough.

^What is 'true waist' ?

is there official 'true waist' measurement spot? relative to navel? relative to some other part of my body?

Thanks.

for 3001 fitting, I would say measure a current pair of comfortable jeans in the waist, compare to raw waist on Self Edge chart, and get about the same, maybe round down up to an inch if you are not concerned with thighs being too tight. (waist will stretch more noticibly than thighs)

Sizing is tough.

Where you normally wear your jeans, or just measure a pair that fits good

Yeah... true waist is higher up than where most of us wear our jeans. It hits right where my hip bones start to get curvy and sexy... just like theestrucan said... about 2" below the navel.

You can always go with another measurement, but I find that true waist works because it's a bit more consistent than measurement at the hips, where it can vary more... also the fact that it becomes inconsistent when people measure at the hips in different locations depending on how much they slouch.