ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Don't ask how, but with all the gross trays at school stuff gets on my jeans.

DSCN7495.png

ketchup

DSCN7496.png

mashed potatoes? (I really have no idea how, but this is the second time I've found some on one of the back pocket rivets.)

There's other weird stuff too, don't know if you can see the dark patches on the lap... no idea what it is but it's there and as a result my jeans smell something awful.

DSCN7493.png

DSCN7494.png

So it's time for a wash, I don't quite get them clean enough by hand so it's in the machine they go:

DSCN7498.png

6256623265_6c282f1e02_z.jpg

i heard that the tapas was good... when i have a chance to visit you guys, please bring me there ok :)

thanks for sharing the updated version 2.0 Markus, seeing those pictures makes me smile tho'

robbie; either gross or weird stuff or whatever it is, they look good on your roys.

last week

got up

got dressed

got in car

drove to auckland

1ch1.jpg

flew to wellington

1ch2.jpg

went shopping and looked at stuff

1ch3.jpg

ate lots of yummy food

stayed in a posh hotel right in town

didnt sleep much cause there was a pea under my matress

It's official!!!

I'm proud to say that the new inventory is out which I shot the cover for. Our very own mike Harris is the new cover boy. You will be proud to know that me and Mike both shot this cover story while wearing our Roy's!!!

The announced it today on their blog http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/inventory-magazine-issue-05.html

I will be doing a big blog post soon on the whole story as there are many awesome pics that did not get printed do to a lack of space.

INV_05_Cover-Mike_Harris.jpg

Loving the idyllic-looking destination, tg! (as most of your destinations seem to be)

robbie - holy crap man those look terrific after the wash.

And a big congratulations again to farhad and mike!

Decided to give the zissou ROYbelt some good good lovin' the other day, with some help from mikecch and his fatty emus.

Before:

IMG_5449.JPG

During:

IMG_5450.JPG

After:

IMG_5457.JPG

Kinda looks exactly the same to me. But the leather soaked that cream right up, so I guess it's happier now? And it feels a bit less dry...? (should I do another coat?)

Anyway, I'm loving this belt, zissou!

Back in its rightful place

IMG_5476.JPG

While I was at it, I gave some TLC to an old friend:

IMG_5458.JPG

She used to be my every day gal, but she's gotten a bit rough around the edges (been around the block... and my waist.. a few too many times if you know what I mean)

Kinda looks exactly the same to me. But the leather soaked that cream right up, so I guess it's happier now? And it feels a bit less dry...? (should I do another coat?)

Good work dkatz, the leather definitely looks less dry now :D

That batch of cream was designed not to darken the leather in the short term, but it will speed up the oxidation process as you wear the belt a bit more.

It will make the belt tan faster in the sun, if darker is what you what.

Loving the idyllic-looking destination, tg! (as most of your destinations seem to be)

thats cause im stuck at the bottom of the earth where everything is all peace and purity... just dont look over there on the other side of town, http://renaoilspill.co.nz/

IMG_5449.JPG

is you buckle prong thing bent as or is it trick photography?

im so happy my jeans and belt will still be looking brand new long after yours have fallen apart, the grapes were probably sour anyway

we got off the boat

2ach1.jpg

had a quick look around picton

2ach2.jpg

its spring down here just incase you didnt know

2ach3.jpg

then headed for our next mode of transport

2ach4.jpg

went past wineries

2ach5.jpg

and over roads and rivers

2ach6.jpg

past salt lakes

2ach7.jpg

along beaches

2ach8.jpg

with snow capped mountains on the other side

2ach9.jpg

and camera battery died so didnt get pictures of seals or anything else today

tg- yeah the prongs somehow became nicely skewed along the way. Not entirely sure how that happened, but I'm sure some folks around here could come up with some pretty good stories for me.

mike- no no I'm not trying to change the color. And the leather definitely feels a bit happier after the treatment. Thanks again!

yesterday we had arrived in christchurch

from the train station to our hotel i had seen enough and got all choked up to the point where i didnt think i would be able to go out with out being an over empathizing mess

the next morning we headed out so mr could show us some of the places he had been working (by us i mean his daughter and i... i know jeans cant see)

first stop lyttelton

abandoned funky paint job building

3ch1.jpg

steep town this

3ch2.jpg

eclectic cafe that used to be in funky paint job building, now in dull building

3ch3.jpg

this place had awesome staff and amazing food and coffee and i might get mr to go back and pick up a drawing that was for sale there too, loved the place

even if the wall was held up with a screwdriver

3ch4.jpg

the view... most of the buildings here will either be demolished or need extensive repair work done, the one on the left is sitting empty as the structure is too compromised now

3ch5.jpg

from here we drove out to akaroa over a massive hill

3ch6.jpg

3ch7.jpg

fresh fish sandwiches...

3ch8.jpg

drove back again stopping at the top of another big hill to look at everything

3ch9.jpg

including an army guy going for a run with a fully loaded pack

3ch10.jpg