ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Looking forward to Rose Bowl next month.

I was thinking of going to the Rose Bowl next month...might run into you. I used to live litteraly five minutes from there and now that I live an hour+, I want to go all the time. Wait...you are talking about Pasadena, right?

These pics provide overwhelming evidence that you're either on your knees or sitting on you A$$ :D on a serious note, awesome fades and I still can't rep you for some damn reason.

four months update

5718250838_53d730c018_z.jpg

5718251028_a9714a0f0a_z.jpg

Paul T, TG, sunday, and erk awesome posts as well. I can't rep anyone which sucks.

not really,i am out of work since march,the doc says i am not allowed to do heavy work til my back is fully recovered.so its mostly housework and taking the kids to school/kindergarten.

if you want fades like that just wipe the floor on your knees and do some bicycling.

So.... I was up in aberdeen for a literary festival run by the university. It's a beautiful city, resplendent in very fine, stark, granite.

The evening was great - lovely Scottish women from the university looking after me, and a full house.

audience.jpgaudience2.jpg

The crowd was varied, folks in their 20s, 40s, 50s... and three little old white-haired ladies at the front who must have been in their 70s, and laughed uproariously at the tales of decadence and bisexuality!

After the Q&A and book-signing session it was across the road to a place called The Green for a local speciality: Arbroath Smokies.

arbroathsmokies.jpg

After lady t and the nipper returned to the hotel I went back to the club for a drink, then was persuaded on to another bar. Just got a little bit wasted... when we were on the way to a second club, one bunch of guys accosted me:

"Let me sort out those cuffs for ya!"

THere then ensued a long, jokey argument. Anyway, made it out with my cuffs intact. Had a good time, lots of friendly (and sometimes flirtatious) boys and girls, it's a small town, so tjhey're very gracious to guests. Finally got back to the hotel around one.

These are some of the old granite steps that take you up from one part of town to the other, it's a deceptively hilly place.

Stairs-1.jpg

Next morning, after a couple of codeine tablets for my hangover, I felt pretty good. Wandered around town, the nipper dropped in to some shop to play wargames for an hour or two (!) while we chilled out. THen up to a (windswept) beach, complete with Scottish-Italian cafe. I loved that 60s interior.

caff.jpg

It being a cold day, what better fun could there be than a water ride? We went up a rollercoaster in a large fiberglass log, before cascading down into a huge pool of water. So, the ROYs got their second soak (and my shoes got their first)...

wet1.jpgwet2.jpg

Then a quick walk back into town - lots of beautiful buildings, most of them very Gothic, rather like Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies. Didn't seem to get (m)any good photos though.

spires-1.jpg

stone.jpg

Finally, the sleeper back to London - we clattered out through the beautiful countryside just after the sunset. This is the Montrose Basin, a large slatmarsh and tidal lake, famous for its wildlife. But they're all tucked up in bed, as was I, soon afterwards. More complicated, surreal dreams, punctuated by the rhythm of the railway soundtrack...

moonandwater.jpg

^ ROFLMAO! I can imagine Dkatz! I bummed around the world for nearly a year before uni, and saw some, er, interesting "sanitary" facilities... My personal favourite, from Morocco...[/img]

Now imagine that, but rather than cement construction, we're talking a hole dug in the dirt ground and banana leaves and a few sticks (corrugated tin roof or sack cloth walls if you're lucky) as walls. Oh, and a goat tied to a stake 5 meters away watching you.

And the smells to match.

5716530254_078f1676cf.jpg

Terrific shot! And big time props to you and your band, again!

Great exhibition,apparently the most expensive ever in Melbourne, too bad the mummy and face mask had to stay in Egypt.

I saw this when it was in LA a few years ago. I didn't realize that Tut himself wasn't there - the entire exhibit felt like a prelude to one grand final room containing the mummy and other goodies. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed when I walked through what I expected to be the door to that grand finale and found myself outside!

not really,i am out of work since march,the doc says i am not allowed to do heavy work til my back is fully recovered.so its mostly housework and taking the kids to school/kindergarten.

Hope you get well soon, buddy - I imagine this must be pretty frustrating!

Ugh, my jeans are getting that stiff-with-grime feeling lately. I can take a shower, put on my jeans, and instantly feel dirty again. I want to wait a while still before I wash, but not sure I'll make it. The Ugandagrime invades!

I saw this when it was in LA a few years ago. I didn't realize that Tut himself wasn't there - the entire exhibit felt like a prelude to one grand final room containing the mummy and other goodies. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed when I walked through what I expected to be the door to that grand finale and found myself outside!

Yeah, I'd just finished viewing the bits and pieces that was on him, when I noticed the next room was the gift shop :(

Great exhibition never the less.

Markus- sorry to hear about your back. that's no fun. I've been wondering where Fardin has been. I'm glad he's doing well.

Here are my roys before their 3rd soak. I soaked 2 times in right off the bat to get the shrinkage out.

d704a8f2.jpg

And finally mike got more books in

56807a45.jpg

f7cbebc8.jpg

The crowd was varied, folks in their 20s, 40s, 50s... and three little old white-haired ladies at the front who must have been in their 70s, and laughed uproariously at the tales of decadence and bisexuality!

Glad that the autobiography is finally out. Do you recount your story about your coke-fueled orgy with the Cocteau Twins?

Finally, the sleeper back to London - we clattered out through the beautiful countryside just after the sunset. This is the Montrose Basin, a large slatmarsh and tidal lake, famous for its wildlife. But they're all tucked up in bed, as was I, soon afterwards. More complicated, surreal dreams, punctuated by the rhythm of the railway soundtrack...

moonandwater.jpg

Beautiful, and a poetic caption.

nokia2005.jpg

I was sorry to have missed jumping on the golf-hating train a while back when you first posted pictures of your hole-swapping activities. My parents were avid golfers when I was growing up, to the detriment of most other things in their lives, child tending for instance, but I digress.

I still cringe when I hear that Barry White song that they used during commercial breaks for televised golf in the '70s.

Alright, so my updates for the past week would have been boring photos of me in my Roys installing lights, scrubbing floors, touching up paint, mowing the lawn, etc. But the important part is THIS (link removed).

$218000. Fuck I really wish Cali had similar prices. That house is a beauty! Good work zissou.