White's Horse Hide/Shell Cordovan group order

fre-co

Well, mrswitch, you were right, he didn't bother responding; I'll try again. You don't happen to have a phone number for him, do you?

I'll look into this. I can possibly get his number through a couple of venues.

ok for people who wants engineer boots in horsehide let me know. cannot do them in cordovan

pm me and ill email you what a boot company told me .

cordovan is a NO go for a pair of engineer only front quarter horsehide in chromexcel tanned

ok about whites in HH im waiting news from whites agent and ultrasound boots still

Well, mrswitch, you were right, he didn't bother responding; I'll try again. You don't happen to have a phone number for him, do you?

He sent an email to a group of email addresses yesterday, explaining that his website has had some techical problems etc....You can see some more photos here www.maximrie.com and his cell number is 808 280 0614(I figured its approriate to post his number here in public thread, but if moderation feels otherwise, I can send it out via pvt msg aswell).

Thanks for the info, aapoli, I'll give him a call. He's in Hawaii? maybe I'll email him again haha

I am pretty sure he is in LA, maybe that 808 area code should be 818.

Dont know much about US area codes, but 808 is what it said on his email. If you email him, I would suggest you try [email protected], instead of what it says on his website.

That is so weird. The pics on his website also look like Hawaii.

Received a reply immediately from Julian with the new email address. All his work is custom so he will do anyhing you want; measurements first, then he will custom make from description, pictures of boots you like or his styles, choice of leather etc. No prices yet but I expect a discount for a group buy is out. Looks like it will be worth the cost and effort. I've ordered boots like this before; they fit perfectly and I've always been pleased with the result.

I believe the range of boots SelfEdge once planned on releasing were made by Julian too? Kiya spoke of a price tag of at least 650$. Im still interested, whether it be Viberg or Julian boots but my budget is limited. If the group buy does not materialize or if the price tag is too steep for my wallet , ill be going for a pair of Whites in chrome excel.

I could be wrong, but I think the Self Edge boots were going to be done by Al's Attire in SF. Even if it wasn't, Al makes some pretty kick-ass boots and might be worth contacting

I could be wrong, but I think the Self Edge boots were going to be done by Al's Attire in SF. Even if it wasn't, Al makes some pretty kick-ass boots and might be worth contacting

u may be right; anyone want to try contacting Al?

lance, how much do Julianboots cost about? (i have a 6" workboot with cap toe and cats paw soles in mind)

^^ Hey, SLAB - I don't yet know his prices. I sent a second email this morning with a few more questions (choice of leather in type and/or quality, etc) and also asked again about the price. When I hear, I'll let you know. Sounds like a good choice for your next pair!!

oh, and I also asked him where he's located.

Edit: Latest info from Julian -

Lance,

at present we are very behind with out orders, however lets get the process rolling.

Please send me pictures of what you want as reference, then I will send you swatches to look at.

I will start work when I can.

He must be very busy which is a good sign. Still, no prices. I'll send him the info and let you know SLAB by email so I don't crap up this thread any more.

u may be right; anyone want to try contacting Al?

lance, how much do Julianboots cost about? (i have a 6" workboot with cap toe and cats paw soles in mind)

His boots run from $800-900. Barney's sells his boots and the RRL boots he makes are in similar price range. Keep in mind if you guys are considering Shell Cordovan, the RRL Madison Boot (Bowery boot in Cordovan) costs $1,200. :eek:

I would probably go for his boots in like a FQHH, which will probably come out to like $800, but he might cut a deal if we buy in bulk, like say a lot of 12 boots.

I checked on tradeboss.com and they are located in california.

I would probably go for his boots in like a FQHH, which will probably come out to like $800, but he might cut a deal if we buy in bulk, like say a lot of 12 boots.

I checked on tradeboss.com and they are located in california.

I'm in, let's see if we can generate any interest and I'll contact him if we have a decent number. I'm going to buy a pair of boots from him either way but I'd like a discount.

well, i'd love to have a pair made by Julian but to be honest, 800$ is out of my price range; maybe if it could go down to 600-650 but i doubt he'd be willing to give such a big discount. back to Whites i guess.

I'm in, let's see if we can generate any interest and I'll contact him if we have a decent number. I'm going to buy a pair of boots from him either way but I'd like a discount.

Pretty late onto this but those Julian boots are awesome. Can I get a late pass onto the group buy?

well, i'd love to have a pair made by Julian but to be honest, 800$ is out of my price range; maybe if it could go down to 600-650 but i doubt he'd be willing to give such a big discount. back to Whites i guess.

SLAB - Let's see how many people are willing to get involved. We can always justify 50 bucks or so more for a great pair of boots or jeans.

Did he say where he was located? When I talked to him at the Rising Sun party he told me to come down to the shop to get everything sorted out. I hope he didn't want me to swing by the shop in Hawaii. If I get involved with this I could do the up close and personals at the shop, if needed.

I would love Julian Boots in FQHH. What would it take to get a group buy discount? We might have to all get the same leather, style of boot,...etc. $800 is a bit out of my price range as well.

I really don't think it would be that stringent, Snake. What's the difference to him in the long run. I think he would charge extra for details or better grade leather, but the basic boot will likely be one price (if he will discount at all) for example, 6" boot, then pay extra for details, leather etc.

I'm definitely interested in buying a pair of Julian boots. If there is a group buy, would it still be possible to have em made to your own measurements, or would it have to be even sizes like those for Rising Sun? And I assume group buy also means that every shoe would have to be similar in details?

I tried googling and came up with this(?):

Julian Boots 1801 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1203B