the dude with the crazy sugarcanes

mizanation

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edit: Woops. This is in response to Red)

I can't speak for other sites, but I was very easily able to order off of http://www.zozo.jp with just a US credit card. A friend in Japan signed up for an account, using her shipping address, and I just bought stuff using her account. I entered my credit card number and was never asked for the billing address or name on the card.

The package arrived at her house in Japan but I still haven't been charged, though.. so we'll see how that goes.

Edited by ruach on May 15, 2006 at 12:28 PM

ryu, do you think your process would work for european jeans, like nudies? my friend thinks your jeans look the way they do because of some special japanese dye used in sugarcanes and other japenese jeans. i prefer to think that its because of your active lifestyle. i have a pair of nudies waiting for me in my closet and im just waiting for these lvc 1947s to mature. ive had them for 3 months and they dont look to bad, but im going to start riding my bike in them everyday starting this summer and i hope they turn out great. i totally agree with you, its nasty to wear jeans for months on end without washing, but i thought it was a necessary evil - i guess you proved me and a lot of the superfuture community wrong. again, great jeans!

ps - those wildswan wallets and coincases are awesome.

thanks.

i live on the south side of the island, and was trying to get some 47 cane standards from hinoya at rakuten, since their only like $100.

and im surprised they dont use paypal, considering the popularity of ebay and all.

well thanks again.

Quote:

thanks.

i live on the south side of the island, and was trying to get some 47 cane standards from hinoya at rakuten, since their only like $100.

and im surprised they dont use paypal, considering the popularity of ebay and all.

well thanks again.

--- Original message by red on May 16, 2006 04:29 AM

yes, many people wish that paypal would open something up in japan.

AFAIK, paypal stopped trying to penetrate the japanese market after they got bought by ebay. ebay has no presence in japan because of yahoo's dominance (ebay shut down all operations in japan). therefore, i think there is a connection to why paypal is also non-existant in japan.

There are many sites in japanese for japanese buyers on how to use paypal in the united states.

There *is* a way to modify paypal to work on a japanese site, but it is not worth it for a website that caters primarily to japanese people.

red, if you can find a jean shop in okinawa, they might accept US dollars (in fact, if they do, they will probably give you a discount for US dollars). do you live in naha?

http://mizanation.blogspot.com

Edited by mizanation on May 16, 2006 at 07:58 AM

thanks prufrock

let me see. at first i don't see the fabric of Nudie's. so i can't say anything about fading.

this is my thought.

dying is of course important. and the fabric the way to be twisted is also important.you know.

cheap LVC 501,UNIQLO,MUJI jeans etc like cheaper one

please take that kinds of jeans and see and touch the fabric.

the fabric we superdenimer love to has a speciality.

cheap ones have uniform fabric,touching smooth

specials' have very rough one. like a feeling of starched denim,touching like a grain.

yeah yeah it's a necessary evil.

wa want to get super fading, so refuse washing.

more active you do, you often tend to wash.

like you say how bear ....

thanks wildswans !

very beautiful ones !

my lvcs definetely feel rougher than my nudies. the nudies have a nice smooth finish to them. like my 1947s a lot better than my nudies, but i like the more slim, european silhouette of the nudies.

how much do sugarcanes go for in japan, ive seen them online for about 150 here in the united states , online though, which is what i paid for my 1947s. ii would like to pick up some sugarcanes or some other japanese replica jeans in the future. i was leaning towards getting some APCs but after seen your jeans, ryu, i have changed my mind!

well ill probably try riding my bike and stuff a lot in my nudies over summer and then give it a wash in a month and see how the fading goes. im so IMPATIENT! i hope if it doesnt turn out to well i can still save them after one month.

-later days.

no. naha is more north. but if anyone knows a place to get denim in okinawa then im willing to drive as far as it takes.

which brings me to my next question: anybody know a place in okinawa? (sorry for threadjacking. once this question is answered no more questions, i promise)

hi EOD

umm , i don't have 45rpm.

BUT i really like it.

that indigo color is awesome. that black-blue indigo is my favorite.

and that fabric is tough!

it must be good one. for the point of the replica & being vertical fading.

btw how about your shirt and pants??

Ryu, I have a denim shirt and a striped pullover, which fits so loose and is one of my favorite items. The denim shirt is so lightweight I may very well wear it into the summer. The only thing is the indigo bleeds like slaughtered pig. I've washed it about five times and that sucker's still bleeding. But it is an exceptional shirt. That, as you probably know, is the case with all of their indigo pieces. The staff is quite conscious about warning people to first wash these pieces before wearing.

I've got a pair of brown, ultra lightweight drawstring pants. Fantastic. The fit of their clothes just kills me. And the natural fibers. Sure, this stuff is very expensive, but it can be worn for as long as the life of it permits.

Interesting, that on each occasion I've been to the shop, it's men who are buying the most. My girlfriend thinks it is because for most American women, 45rpm may not be outwardly "feminine" enough. They perhaps find it androgynous. The women I do see making purchases are older- thirties and up- so my girlfriend may have caught what's going on there. Younger American women are, well, whatever... But, the men I've seen buying there also are older, so...

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on May 27, 2006 at 01:24 PM

that's part of it

but tastes change as you get older and you're willing to spend money for different reasons

i don't know any very young women (under 25) but i wouldn't expect them to like 45rpm, or if they did to spend that kind of money for something simple

the women i have introduced to the store all covet the items there and buy regularly

Edited by asfberg on May 27, 2006 at 04:23 PM

Yup, you're both right.

You know, take the Prada store for example. I look at that stuff, I'd never wear it. 1: Because I got this thing about "Houses Of...", and supporting an empire, and 2: I would feel silly wearing that label. I couldn't pull it off. I stay away from the obviously self-conscious. I'm an understated kind of guy.

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

ryu-

I was looking at your blog and saw that you had two pairs of skull jeans. How do you like them? What's the quality of the denim like? I was curious because now I'm rethinking whether I want to buy a levi's reproduction or something that's a little bit more fitted and I noticed that skull has some nice slim fit models (I'm also a fan of the natural leather patch)

Quote:

ryu-

I was looking at your blog and saw that you had two pairs of skull jeans. How do you like them? What's the quality of the denim like? I was curious because now I'm rethinking whether I want to buy a levi's reproduction or something that's a little bit more fitted and I noticed that skull has some nice slim fit models (I'm also a fan of the natural leather patch)

--- Original message by jubei on May 31, 2006 06:04 AM

I'm also curious about Skull jeans - any opinions would be welcome.

-Jake

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

-Albert Einstein

hi buddy

SKULL JEANS.

MY OPINION, i prefer skull jeans to lvc.

modern cut, slim jeans , nice patch design etc....

about quality of denim fabric....

it's difficult.

thinking of vertical fading, i think skull is better....

i didn't wear skull long time. i don't know the process....

sorry.

now my sister wear my black skull jeans.

Thanks for the opinion! I'm excited cause they will ship to the USA, which is handy. I really like them, from what I've seen. I hope to pick up a pair of Skull jeans, and possible a pair of Samurai jeans as well over the summer.

-Jake

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

-Albert Einstein