PIKE BROTHERS Bundesländer Tour 2010-2011

Atzec

fuck the jeans,but Ruedi rocks! wait till i get them,they will go through a month of hard labour.

Of course. Drinking single malt scotch whilst lounging around in an expensive shoe-shop is absolutely gruelling work! :)

Crosspost from Mynudies

Enjoy

Here some updates from my Berlin trip to the Exhibition opening "Fashion Talks" at the Kommunikationsmuseum. Was a super great event, where 80 pairs of my jeans collection are part of this exhibition

Impressions of the exhibition:

IMG_2144-red.jpg

IMG_2146-red.jpg

DSC00820-red.jpg

Me with the organizers of the exhibition

DSC00822red.jpg

Would Marx and Engels like those Pike Brothers jeans too?

DSC00833-red.jpg

In front of the National Library

DSC00843-red.jpg

Interesting sign on the floor

DSC00902-red.jpg

In front of the Brandenburger Tor

DSC00913-red.jpg

Impressions from older times....

DSC00918-red.jpg

...with a Trabi

DSC00937-red.jpg

Continuing Berlin trip

Pinocchio likes me and my jeans

DSC00942-red.jpg

Real nice Restaurant near Alexanderplatz Markus Braeu

DSC00983-red.jpg

Visiting Daniel from DC4 Store was impressing. Saw some nice raw denim stuff and those two nice banners over one square meter sized!!!! And he has some real great sewing machines!!!!

DSC00985-red.jpg

DSC00989-red.jpg

With all these raw denim stuff I was feeling like in a raw denim heaven.

Or let's say in paradise!!!

Oh my raw denim god, can you hear me??

It's just about a poor raw denim sinner here down on the earth!!

Anyway, the Pike Brothers are still in the Swiss mountains and I'll post more pics as soon as I can find a computer and an internet access

Oookkkaaayyyy

Thanks mates. Just a little note about those Pike Brothers from my I-Phone.

Those jeans are doing pretty well in to the Swiss mountains since a week. Will be back next tuesday and try to post more pics asap

I have made over 200 pics with them already. And don't be shocked about the next updates. There was some great fun like Beatle knows it best from the chocolate man.

And Rafa: Of course you have to visit me for as long as the Pike Brothers are with me and as long as you are in the little Swiss country

And thanks Beatle that you like the way they fit me. Although a little bit too large I can just hold them properly with using the smallest hole of the belt. I like wearing my denim stuff pretty loose anyway.

BTW: Beatle, I missed you in Berlin for a Pike Brother reunion!!

Crosspost from Mynudies

Although short on time, let's try at least the first few pic updates now..

The Pike Brothers Bundeslaender Tour

Dairy of their trip outside Germany in to the little Swiss chocolate country.... (First 2 days just summarized because already partially posted)

2011-10-05 11:30:

The postman rings at my home door in Zurich. And here we go

IMG_2091-red-neu.jpg

It's funny, that I was just able one day before to buy the same Pike Brothers jeans in a litttle shop in Zurich for 99 Fr (about 80 Euros) since they wanna get rid of this discontinued cut. Here the new one with the received Pike Brothers and on top my good old Denime jeans who has to wait now for some time untill they will be worn the hard way again. All 3 pants are surrounded with some additional randomly raw denim stuff

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01398-red.jpg

2011-10-06 9:00: Those pants have been here for less then 24 hours in Switzerland, and are already going back to Germany. Homesickness? No, it's just because of my Berlin trip to the "Fashion Talks" vernisage at the Kommunikationsmuseum, where 80 pairs of the Jeansmuseum were hanging there till end of February 2012. It was a great evening

Next pic me with the exhibition organisators

DSC00822red.jpg

and one pic of the exhibition:

DSC00820-red.jpg

2011-10-07:

Strolling around in Berlin and I just had some nice talks to people with speial jeans. I took some pics from them with their ok

A young italian tourist with a well worn Armani jeans (no raw denim sorry)

DSC00838-red.jpg

DSC00839-red.jpg

A local man with an unknown brand. If anybody knows it, send me a PM

DSC00841-red.jpg

Another unknown brand from a real nice Berliner guy. Any help on the name of this brand??? Those pants were really super great never washed raw denim. Pictures are much too bad!!!:

DSC00852-red.jpg

DSC00853-red.jpg

DSC00854-red.jpg

These scandinavian guy wanted to know everything about raw denim. He had another unknown brand, but still a selvage raw denim pants

DSC00930-red.jpg

Some new items for me seen on some raw denim shops:

Dunderdon (not very thick fabric)

DSC00957-red.jpg

DSC00959-red.jpg

Drykorn for beautiful people (a funny slogan, and sorry for the crappy pic)

DSC00961-red.jpg

I had a great talk with Daniel from DC4 shop. And I was feeling like in a raw denim heaven surrounded with piles of great raw denim stuff:

DSC00989-red.jpg

Another highlight was the Pike Brothers reunion with 501lover. Had a super great time together.

DSC01006-red.jpg

2011-10-08:

Travelling back home to my place and just changing my luggage and one hour later sitting in the train again heading towards the Swiss mountains. So not much actions for the Pike Brothers today.

2011-10.09:

It was bad weather with snowfall down to 500 meter above sea level.

Damn, one of our apple trees at my parents home was broken because of this early snowfall!!!

The Pike Brothers had to sit the whole day during my work on the concept for a bigger Jeansmuseum

One hour jogging in the afternoon

2011-10-10:

Continuing the work on the Jeansmusuem concept. So another boring day for the jeans although nice and warmer weather. At least the snow is melting away very fast.

Ohh and now the server with my pics is not responding. It's too late anyway. I have to count some election votes of the Swiss parliament (every 4 years) tomorrow and on Sunday I'll join the Transviamala run, a mountain race near the place I gre up ( 19.5 km and 750 meter altitude)

http://www.transviamala.ch/

Another unknown brand from a real nice Berliner guy. Any help on the name of this brand??? Those pants were really super great never washed raw denim. Pictures are much too bad!!!:

DSC00852-red.jpg

DSC00853-red.jpg

DSC00854-red.jpg

These are Blacksmiths jeans from Rising Sun and Co. out of Pasadena, CA. Both of these shops carry Rising Sun.

Germany:

Burg & Schild

Rosa-Luxemburg-STR. 3

D-10178 Berlin, Germany

Switzerland:

Strauli

Rennweg 30

8001 Zurich, Switzerland

hi ruedi, really enjoy your updates. hope you don´t mind shitg up your leg with some "engineer crew" shirt shots...

SAM_3811.jpg

SAM_3812.jpg

"our" rental car-vw beetle, best choice in medium rental car class imo. even though i don´t really like the concept of a "new" beetle, this car did a great job in driving 2800+ miles in 15 days...

SAM_3814.jpg

Thanks guys. And special thanks to your comment Flo. I really appreciated this as an unexperienced updater on a forum.

And Atzec. I love those kind of walls with the many signs

And Flatpattern. Thanks a lot. I need one pair of them for the Jeansmuseum. They were the second best raw denim pants I have seen walking around in Berlin in 12 hours. The best one was from a young man with his girl friend sitting in the U-Bahn with a really heaviest faded and never washed APC Jeans. Those strongest natural shiny fadings with heavy patina was unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also wanted to know everything about never washed raw denim stuff and natural fadings. And I was more then hapoy to tell him a lot just driving an extra round in the U-Bahn railway.

And Rapunzel: Like all denim heads also you are more then welcome to stop at my place at your next Swiss trip

Today I worked 8 hours of helping to count thousands of votes for the national election of the Swiss parliament. Now I have to go to bed. Start of the Mountain race is 10:00 am MEZ.

Untill next Tuesday I have only my I-phone. So I m sorry to let you wait for more pics I have made

Crosspost from MyNudies

Here we go for some further updates with the Pike Brothers diary:

2011-10-11

Beautiful day and warm weather

Our fall holidays we are spending in a little cosy hostel:

STC_2204-red.jpg

Hahaha

Would be nice but a little bit too expensive for us.

This hotel is just in front of our 400 year old swiss chalet:

IMG_2190-red.jpg

It belongs to this good friends of mine on the right:

IMG_2169-red.jpg

Just in front of the house

IMG_2192-red.jpg

it's too hot weather for raw denim stuff today for some climbing activities so just a 10 second climb:

IMG_2194-red.jpg

IMG_2195-red.jpg

IMG_2196-red.jpg

IMG_2197-red.jpg

IMG_2198-red.jpg

STA_2202-red.jpg

In the afternoon, we hiked up to a swiss alp. While hanging around in the sun, a bad friend had stolen the Pike Brothers jeans and hided them 4 meter above ground with the help of a long long pole stick

IMG_2229-red.jpg

How to get them back?

IMG_2232-red.jpg

So another climb is necessary

IMG_2234-red.jpg

IMG_2236-red.jpg

IMG_2240-red.jpg

And I finally got them back and just had to hug them

IMG_2248-red.jpg

But a little bit later a new danger is coming up. A crazy man tries to rip my pants just away from my body

IMG_2216-red.jpg

IMG_2217-red.jpg

I was able to escape, but unfortunately the pants were caught by a rosty nail, looking out of the wooden wall

IMG_2225-red.jpg

IMG_2224-red.jpg

IMG_2221-red.jpg

And just a few moments after they have been saved from this nail, another bad guy tried to play around with the pants on a barbed wire fence. A real dangerous game for raw denim stuff:

IMG_2249-red.jpg

IMG_2253-red.jpg

IMG_2251-red.jpg

So I decided to go away and do some little clean up work in front of the cow house:

IMG_2210-red.jpg

But don't worry. The pants survived everything without any scratch and dirt:

IMG_2220-red.jpg

So I gave those pants and my VMC Flathead shirt a break in the sun too:

IMG_2245-red.jpg

Then we finished the hike up to the summit of the Hornflueh mountain just below 2000 meter above sea level.

We couldn't go to higher mountains because still too much snow there. So some impressions of our rest on the top:

IMG_2279-red.jpg

IMG_2277-red.jpg

IMG_2283-red.jpg

IMG_2290-red.jpg

So much for today. We had a great dinner after returning home and I sunk well tired back to the pillow for a heavy sleep

2011-10-12

Another nice day.

Let's check this out: Are cows interested about some Pike Brothers jeans?

IMG_2307-red.jpg

IMG_2336-red.jpg

IMG_2337-red.jpg

IMG_2339-red.jpg

IMG_2341-red.jpg

IMG_2393-red.jpg

The cows seems not to belong to the raw denim head species

So let's move on to another hike to the Rellerli mountain, about the same height like yesterday:

IMG_2357-red.jpg

IMG_2365-red.jpg

Running downhill is much easier then hiking uphill

IMG_2370-red.jpg

In front of a pile of wood

IMG_2399.red.jpg

And in front of an old farmhouse barn

IMG_2406-red.jpg

Then going home with nice sunset

IMG_2407-red.jpg

Thanks for your comments

So ok, if not too boring here some more updates as crosspost from MyNudies thread:

Yeah

I love cows. I was a shepherd for 2 summers on a swiss alp and for 1 year I was also the right hand of the boss there and we were producing original Swiss cheesse everyday

So now some more updates:

I forgot the birthday party on 2011-10-09 from my friend with his wife:

It's amazing, that somebody can be still alive turning 53 years old!!!!

DSC00662-red.jpg

We had a great dinner:

DSC00729-red.jpg

Some deer, vegetables, chestnuts in honey and Spaetzle

DSC00728-red.jpg

Once more I couldn't resist to order some vanilla ice cream with a lot of swiss whipped cream and a huge amount of hot chocolate

DSC00733-red.jpg

DSC00737-red.jpg

It was fantastic

DSC00740-red.jpg

The next day we checked out a new 5 star hotel witch is under construction. It comes with 3 nice chalets. One of them will belong to Mister Abramowitch soon ( a guy with some money in his pockets as we all know):

DSC00700-red.jpg

A lot of stuff built in:

DSC00695-red.jpg

DSC00681-red.jpg

DSC00673-red.jpg

2011-10-13 and 14

A lot of conceptual work on the Jeansmuseum homepage and the concept. But the weather was so nice, I escaped twice to run up to the Hornflueh mountain (850 meter altitude in 45 minutes steep uphill and 35 minutes downhill) most part without any trails or tracks

Was a real great mountain race jogging witch I like most. And a good trainig for my half marathon mountain race next wekend

2011-10-15

Another hike to the Rinderberg about 2100 meter above sea level

A nice break on the summit:

IMG_2421-red.jpg

When I woke up after a little nap I was covered with chocolate bars all over. What a great feeling:

IMG_2425-red.jpg

IMG_2426-red.jpg

IMG_2433-red.jpg

After eating a lot of chocolate I had to do some sports again. When hiking down we passed a children playground and as you know now, I always like to climb on anything:

IMG_2439-red.jpg

I'm still a little child

IMG_2451-red.jpg

I love to be not grown up. So Kayo you're still sure that you wanna be my daugther with such an old child as father?

But from my side you would be more then welcome to be my daughter. So why not adopting you?

I only think, I wouldn't be a strong father tough

2011-10-16

Another super nice and warm day. Since the snow has melted further up, I decided to climb up a little bit higher. Our goal today:

The Oldenhorn, 3122 meter above sea level.

First part we made with a little cable car up to 2000 meter above sea level:

IMG_2452-red.jpg

It was pretty fresh and frozen in the early morning over the tree limit height

IMG_2461-red.jpg

Now we have to start with some climbing above the gras limit

IMG_2479-red.jpg

Now it's getting more dangerous after we had reached the glacier. My friends wife approaches a little bit the first crevasses:

IMG_2484-red.jpg

I couldn't resist to have a closer look in to this crevass:

IMG_2487-red.jpg

Suddenly my friends wife found a body on the glacier. Was it another Oetzi?

IMG_2492-red.jpg

But now worries: As higher it goes as more I like it. I had been twice in the Himalaya up to 8000 meter heigths, so that's still nothing for me,...

Behind you can see the Oldenhorn mountain

IMG_2493-red.jpg

Some dangerous crossing between crevasses:

IMG_2494-red.jpg

Climbing up to the summit. The air is becoming thinner.

And the Pike Brothers crossed the 3000 meter above sea level line. Is this a new record for them?

IMG_2497-red.jpg