RandR Interpersonal Relation Advice Thread/Colum

FADEtoDARKNESS

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ex-girlfriend left me in april and as cliche as it sounds, she totally fucking ruined me. i was a mess for months and only started recently getting my shit together. we haven't talked or seen each other whatsoever since she bailed which was due to me cutting all contact - it was definitely for the best. today, i missed a call from a friend and checked my phone messages for the first time in months. there was a missed call with a message from her, in which she said:

"hey jake, this is ____. i am about 40k's out adelaide and just wanted to call to ask..."

then it went dead after a few seconds of static. this was about a month ago, so it had been after about 6 months of not talking at all.

is there any point in even trying to contact her to see what she wants? obviously i am (morbidly/sadistically) interested in what she wanted to 'ask' but i really don't see the point as it will just bring all the old shit up again.

I wouldn't worry with it conqueror. Like Quiver said, if it was actually important she would've called back already. If it fucked you up for months after she left, calling her will probably just bring back old emotions that you are probably better off not having to deal with.

is there any point in even trying to contact her to see what she wants? obviously i am (morbidly/sadistically) interested in what she wanted to 'ask' but i really don't see the point as it will just bring all the old shit up again.

no. Separate completely. There is nothing to be gained by opening up an avenue through which your emotions can latch onto the idea of her again. You need to keep that clean break and maybe in time things will settle at a different level than they used to be at, but you will always want to be more and she will always want to be less. It's just not worth the heartache, man.

In all honesty true love or whatever the hell you want to call it is merely a lining up of interests within relevant ranges. Appearance has a lot to do with it to of course, but that's a separate factor(literally separate as far as attraction goes). Stephen Jay Gould did a wonderful breakdown of the odds of finding your true love in general, and estimated it was something like 1 in 100,000 people is your "true love". This leads me to my next comment which is:

stop thinking about your ex and move on. Literally move on. Get up, throw out your old clothes, meet as many new people as you can and start remembering that you are another source of love for yourself, man. The more you start doing what you love and remembering what it's like to be happy, the easier the process becomes.

Hell man, scars get left on everyone but at least they let you remember that something beautiful was there inside of you, even if it died. Let that encourage you to find something else beautiful, and at least believe(maybe when you're drunk) that you're fucking beautiful too, sometimes.

Besides you're name is "conqueror". Crush your enemies, drive them before, and hear the lamentations of their women, man.

Not the KAG thread.

ANYWAYS Mharcl, I hope you were drunk when you made those posts yesterday.

his girl broke up with him, he confessed to me in a sopping wet PM exchange

you really feel sorry for him? i feel like she made the right move. unless he was posting the last couple of posts as satire or some sociological experiment.

not trying to kick you while you are down mharcl but it sounds like you really aren't ready to be with anyone right now.

Spaghetti is en pointe.

someone needs to make a thread with the evolution of Mharci's relationship, just so new readers can have a timeline to follow.

i met this woman i havent seen in 5-7 years

shes helluva lot skinnier now

she was with a friend

wen i said she looked different, alot skinnier

i got weird looks from them 2

man i suck w women

usually, having no game is my game

i should have just kept it at "u look great" and kept movin right?

neway she teaches yoga thats y

she was with a friend

man i suck w women

nah, it's okay. they might have been weirded out that you remembered her being fatter or something, but it should be okay. Go to her yoga class and hit on her while she's doing downward facing dog, man.

she was with a friend

man i suck w women

Son that is so awkward. You shoulda just said she looks awesome and that you *might* wanna check out her yoga class, so where it at?

• 3 weeks later...

Mharci is alive. Somewhere within NYC there is a nexus of relationship trouble that is causing the cold, snowy weather, and at its center lies the body of his ex-girlfriend, her still warm body being gently cradled by a cold, troubled, and heart-numbed sufu poster that cheated on her in a game of metaphysical roulette.

I give that scenario a 20 percent chance of being true.

• 4 weeks later...