The Flat Head

LFC4ever

hey sufu again,

so i suppose my screen name isn't exactly reflecting my latest and first post. in retrospect i knew i should have posted my question in this thread instead of the denim thread - ooops! i didn't have time to read the FH thread before asking my question as i was working all freakin weekend. :(

this was my original question:

"Hey Sufu,

First post here. Definitely a reader, though.

So, my question is what are differences between the F310 and the 3001's. I know that the 310 has a cotton/poly stitch, and that is a big difference - but I heard that although the fade on the 3001's is a little faster, the 310's hold up a little bit longer.

Basically, does anyone have any experiences with both of the denims? And if so, can you tell any other differences?

Much Appreciated!"

----pretty much the same question as this below:

after reading the answers to this question - it seems that i have pretty much got my answer: no real difference save the poly/cotton thread and it's durability. i had just wondered if anyone had a preference.

So - i apologize for getting off to a bad start and hope to get to a better one.

BTW - most of the replies were helpful save for a few that were a little, uh, different.

to clear up: i am a sufu reader, but i am still new a trying to figure all the odds and ends out. if i have the balls i may ask some questions i can't figure out -

thanks.

get the 1001

i dont see why anyone would favor the 310 over the 1001.... i have both

retiring jawns too early is # superdenim mistake. when a jean is ready for retirement, it'll make you retire it, cause it'll be rendered unwearable. otherwise it's like a star halfback put on waivers/traded because he just turned 30

retiring jawns too early is # superdenim mistake. when a jean is ready for retirement, it'll make you retire it, cause it'll be rendered unwearable. otherwise it's like a star halfback put on waivers/traded because he just turned 30

a lot of the seams are just torn up as of late but here's what i'll do, just for you. 1 month of EXTREMELY HARD wear. no driving, only biking or walking. i'll run in them rather than in my shorts. they only come off in the shower so i'll be sleeping in them.

i'm 100% serious.

Thot u guys mite enjoy some evo pics....Just washed these. These are prewash.....post wash pics comin soon. I really wanna start wearing these again but i have an inner pocket rip on both ends, chainstitching coming loose, beginning back wallet pocket tear...so i mite have to slow down on these. I was wearing these everyday and I know these are gonna look dope wen im done wit these....gotta keep goin tho. Yo kiya....help me fix these tears so I can wear the sh*t outta these like i've been for the past year and 9 months. haha

FLATHEAD F380 since Janurary 7th, 2008

IMG_9648.jpg

IMG_9655.jpg

IMG_9659.jpg

IMG_9661.jpg

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9666.jpg

IMG_9663.jpg

IMG_9667.jpg

i've noticed my flatheads fading is going a sort of green colour which is weird, anybody else had this?

i'm thinking of getting my F310 tapered a little, sometimes the calf looks wider than the thigh... will the heavy denim pose a problem to some tailors or should they be fine with it, don't want them messing up my jeans.

a lot of the seams are just torn up as of late but here's what i'll do, just for you. 1 month of EXTREMELY HARD wear. no driving, only biking or walking. i'll run in them rather than in my shorts. they only come off in the shower so i'll be sleeping in them.

i'm 100% serious.

grossssssssss

i've noticed my flatheads fading is going a sort of green colour which is weird, anybody else had this?

i'm thinking of getting my F310 tapered a little, sometimes the calf looks wider than the thigh... will the heavy denim pose a problem to some tailors or should they be fine with it, don't want them messing up my jeans.

I've seen many pairs with a green tint to them.

They shouldn't pose a problem for a tailor that knows what they're doing.

where is that?

man, i spent 3 hours doing repairs on the BSPs. patched and restitched the right backpocket, waist is stitched up and reinforced. crotch is completely redone and reinforced. left backpocket is fixed and reinforced.

can't be bothered to do anything else.

lets see some pictures on the repair

did you happen to be riding a bike passing by starbucks around 430-5ish?