Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

• 3 weeks later...
How will the gold/white gold hold up with wear?

I don't think they are actually made of any gold. The price of gold is around $1800, and that looks to be at least 1/4 to 1/2 ounces. So I doubt he would sell an item with a scrap value of $600 for only $85. But I am thinking it may also be plated.

I just sent him an email to find out for sure.

I was actually hoping it wasn't made of actual gold. I really like the white gold/gold and rhodium/gold design, but would probably just buy the brass since I know it'll last longer.

Just heard back from Gun, and they are plated gold over brass. So they should all hold up quite well, but the finishes will likely look different for each one over time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thanks Gun, got your package and here are some pictures as well as comments..

R1001066.jpg

R1001067.jpg

R1001070.jpg

R1001071.jpg

denim is very nice. and like dawei had said, it is very very similar to sugar cane sc40400 denim, in terms of texture and feel of it. very impressive i must say. other than that, the leather patch is pretty thick as well although i would say i will prefer the ROY patch. but for 170USD, it is price is pretty good for something of this make with such amazing packaging.

WOW... Can I get one of these?

Get one of what? Order a pair of Artist Denims and you get everything that he took pictures of. Except of course the leather patch is on the jeans and the canvas rising star Nihon Menpu tag is on the waist of the jeans.

That was one of the earlier packages. Now Gun's packaging is crazy. Everything comes in a large box printed with the Artist Denim logo. I posted some pics a while back.

Ohhhhh right. My bad.

Yeah Gun stopped giving out anything for free after people started just requesting his swatches to patch their own jeans without any intention of buying his product.

He's a nice guy who would probably still be giving out samples if people hadn't taken advantage of him.

• 1 month later...

I own a pair of #7 artists, love 'em and wear them 6 days a week now. I have them in my possession since half august

The first pair I got didn't fit and there was a mistake with the pattern, so I have 2 pair of these. If anyone is interested, let me know :)

P7250058.jpg

33k3d4i.jpg

I will post update pics soon, when I give them a soak.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally going to bite the bullet and order a pair of artist denim, but I would appreciate help with the following:

1. Are both the fabric #1 and #2 dyed with natural indigo? I would like a pair that fades reasonably fast. My understanding is that natural indigo takes much longer to fade and because of this I'm looking to get a pair in dyed with synthetic (pure?) indigo.

2. How is the sizing?

I appreciate that there are plenty good measurements on the site, but from previous experience I've learned that the measurements can differ across different denim.

I wear a 28 from Left Field raw tweeds and Denime 66's and PBJ XX-007. The Left Fields and Denime's fit really nice, but the PJB are too large on the waist and small everywhere else. I also have the Left Field slub selvage's in size 30, but they are far too big on the waist.

At the moment I'm looking for a fit as close to the Left Field raw tweeds as possible since I love them, but they are in such dire state that I need another pair.

I'm thinking Mechanic in size 30 would be the closest since I will be getting one of the unsanforized fabrics.

Thanks for you time.