Artist Denim

Guest KoCHiRO1985

By the way, have you already recieved your pants in the meantime?

Still haven't got mine..

FWIW I received the pair I ordered on 5/12 on 6/6.

Definitely longer than I expected as far as shipping time but the product seems top notch. I ordered the #1 fabric and sized up 1 which seems to be working out. the initial waist shrinkage was almost 3" but they stretched a good 1.5 on 1 wear.

Hey guys,

I can't tell you how happy I am w/my finished jean. It looks killer and I cant wait to get some pictures up.

Gave them a hot soak last night and the amount of black dye that came out was absurd. The leather patch is ridiculously thick, like Roy's.

Very very very happy with these, even with all the problems with ordering, communication, and shipping. I would do it all over again.

Thanks Artist Denim!!! I will post pics asap.

Really pleased to read that, chubby! Sometimes it's worth all the trouble and even some agony. Am anxious for the pics and hope you will be rocking them hard!

looks like gun's back up and running...

he also took some time to redesign some things with the site, it seems.

& he (re)named the cuts:

new cut (skinny) -> "assassin"

slim -> "rock star"

slim straight -> "designer"

straight -> "mechanic"

bootcut -> "cowboy"

regular -> "blacksmith"

Glad to hear that Gun is up and running with Artist Denim again! We will definitely be seeing great things from him!

Also, shameless plug for my pair of Artist Denims (which I guess is now the Mechanic) at a great price! Check my sig for more details...

Hey not too tight. Here's the Thai forum that Gun was rather active on, though I don't remember seeing the rest of his cuts much... Here.

I did ask Gun to make my pair with a cinchback, but he had some difficulties with the leather tag or something like that, can't remember. Not sure how he would do it now...

Edit: Just saw a picture of a cinchback he made! :)

Has anyone been hit with customs charges when receiving their jeans? I'm in the UK but i'm extremely worried about getting hit with massive customs charges.

"

Please note that your order may be subject to customs charges once package reaches your country.

Artist Denim is not responsible for these charges.

"

a salaam alaikum, can we get the details on what you ordered? be sure to post up pictures when you get them!

I'm on the fence about placing an order, and would like to see some more pictures of the fit before I do! Esp. the mechanic fit, which is what I would get.

^ of course

i ordered:

fabric #1

mechanic size 34 (sized up 2, waist may be a bit big but thigh/leg should be good)

38" inseam

pocket bags and fully lined rear pockets using #3 chambray

brass burr rivets

silver laurel leaf for top and middle buttons

orange stitching

peek-a-boo coin pocket

i went back and forth for a while about the cinch back but eventually decided against it

i will definitely post up pictures once i get them. i placed my order last thursday so i am assuming end of this week or next week

^ of course

i ordered:

fabric #1

mechanic size 34 (sized up 2, waist may be a bit big but thigh/leg should be good)

38" inseam

pocket bags and fully lined rear pockets using #3 chambray

brass burr rivets

silver laurel leaf for top and middle buttons

orange stitching

peek-a-boo coin pocket

i went back and forth for a while about the cinch back but eventually decided against it

i will definitely post up pictures once i get them. i placed my order last thursday so i am assuming end of this week or next week

You should be in good shape on sizing up with the shrinking, I've been wearing my #1's for about a week, 1st, I'd say the waist started on the small side and the other measurements were accurate, after a cold soak, everything shrunk around 8% and the waist stretched out to be right on the money.

I admire Gun's work and have been seriously contemplating about placing an order.

Gun's website states fabric #1 shrinks up to 10%. But that's the tendency of the fabric's nature, so I would like to hear and read other people's experience with the fabric's shrinkage

It would be greatly appreciated if someone provide me with a concrete answer.

Thank you mikecch.

If I'm correct, all the jeans are cut true to waist sizes.... so must I size up by two to prevent a death choke? I guess I'll have to lose weight before I place an order. haha

^ I order TTS, and it was a little snug after a wash, but stretched out to a comfortable fit after 1 wear!

The 40*00 denim have a lot of give :)

I don't know about Gun's other sanforised fabrics though...

My thighs are huge compared to my height because I used to lift weight. 5'8.5 with 25's. That's when I'm not doing anything. Walking for a long distance is a hassle in slimmer jeans.

I'm going to place an order for a pair of Artist Denim after this summer.

-mikecch

I'm not a big fan of wide leg openings, and that's why I want to spend this summer to find a better fit that will suit my preference.

Right now, Gun's mechanic is the fit that I would place an order for. I'll be sure of what I want by the end of the summer.

Yeah, he has some great looking fabrics, options and extras. I'm always curious about the fabrics though. I know 0-2 are the natural indigo fabrics form Nihon Menpu, and someone mentioned that one of the fabrics is also used by Eternal. Does anyone know if any of the other fabrics are used by other manufacturers, and which fabrics are exclusive to Gun?

Now I am curious about the denim that was supposedly used by Eternal. Did they use sanforized denim? I am also curious to know if anyone could provide more information on the different fabrics, other than #0-2! :) I am still hoping that I can sell my pair, and that Gun would be able to get the 50/50 natural okinawa fabric soon!