regardless of the photograph's qualities (which aren't bad), this set is pretty bad. she's supposed to be gaged and bound, but you have her sitting on a dorm bed. you should have planned the shoot a little better and put in a better setting.

You know, I didnt want to say it myself for some reason... but I agree with you.

With a better execution this concept might actually appear interesting. I feel like I've seen enough concepts like this. Spice SOMETHING up, and go the full mile next time you shoot this.

So I'm still confused, and I haven't gotten around to going to Beards & Hats or Ritz even - what film should I be looking for if I wanna shoot b&w w/ my Mamiya C220?

I don't even know how to use the thing. Gotta get learned though.

TLR's are so exciting.

So I'm still confused, and I haven't gotten around to going to Beards & Hats or Ritz even - what film should I be looking for if I wanna shoot b&w w/ my Mamiya C220?

I don't even know how to use the thing. Gotta get learned though.

TLR's are so exciting.

quit following me.

I favor Ilford; FP4 plus 125 or the Ilford delta 400 speed 120 film.

Any idea what you're going to be photographing?

regardless of the photograph's qualities (which aren't bad), this set is pretty bad. she's supposed to be gaged and bound, but you have her sitting on a dorm bed. you should have planned the shoot a little better and put in a better setting.

I was going for the quick and dirty snapshot aestheticy business. But to be honest I hardly set up anything in any of my shots as it is.

I'll probably do a whole set like this with different girls, I just did this to see if I could go with it. I'll take your advice.

Just bought a Nikon N80 with the 28-105 3.5-4.5 and I wanted to run some film through it to make sure it was okay. These aren't the best shots and there is noticeable fall-off at the corners. Idk if that is because of the UV filter with the step-up I'm using or if I just need to stop down, but it's annoying. Otherwise, I really like it, and for $160, not a bad deal

And I got lazy with the last scan and didn't clean the negative first, but I kinda like how it looks anyway.

3390801004_e826eec7e0.jpg

3390800926_1960660779.jpg

C0C0- Time out, that second one looks exactly like (or IS) that YSL ad that i see in Interview magazine. Well maybe it isnt YSL, but still. I think you know what I mean. haha.

Jewbagel- I haven't used 8x10s personally so I'm no help there but a photographer that spoke to us a month ago primarily uses one. check out http://www.renaldi.com . Easiest man ever to speak with, and he's nice to boot! He got his 8x10 custom made by some famous camera builder whom I forget the name of. Also, he just put out his own book called "Fall River Boys" and if you're in NYC you can look at the whole thing at Daschwood Books on bond st. And if you aren't, a couple of the photos are on his website. The Book is sweet though..

Just bought a Nikon N80 with the 28-105 3.5-4.5 and I wanted to run some film through it to make sure it was okay. These aren't the best shots and there is noticeable fall-off at the corners. Idk if that is because of the UV filter with the step-up I'm using or if I just need to stop down, but it's annoying. Otherwise, I really like it, and for $160, not a bad deal

And I got lazy with the last scan and didn't clean the negative first, but I kinda like how it looks anyway.]

$160!? You bitch.

I like the fall-off, but I suppose that's a personal preference. Either way, I like your test shots and dirty negatives.

C0C0- Time out, that second one looks exactly like (or IS) that YSL ad that i see in Interview magazine. Well maybe it isnt YSL, but still. I think you know what I mean. haha.

Jewbagel- I haven't used 8x10s personally so I'm no help there but a photographer that spoke to us a month ago primarily uses one. check out http://www.renaldi.com . Easiest man ever to speak with, and he's nice to boot! He got his 8x10 custom made by some famous camera builder whom I forget the name of. Also, he just put out his own book called "Fall River Boys" and if you're in NYC you can look at the whole thing at Daschwood Books on bond st. And if you aren't, a couple of the photos are on his website. The Book is sweet though..

i guess someone cut out the image of the model from the ad and posted it as a sticker in the street, got peeled off a bit, and then i came thru and took a pic of it :P