I'm sending my M6 to the US for a CLA. What to do? I won't have it about for at least 1.5 months! I'm thinking about just buying a Minilux just a beater and a pocket cam! I know there are plenty of other good or better point and shoot out there though! But the Minilux is pretty cheap!

I'm sending my M6 to the US for a CLA. What to do? I won't have it about for at least 1.5 months! I'm thinking about just buying a Minilux just a beater and a pocket cam! I know there are plenty of other good or better point and shoot out there though! But the Minilux is pretty cheap!

Get an Olympus XA, great little rangefinder that is beyond tiny. Really fun to use.

––––

​Je Suis Charlie Amsterdam - Nikon F5 & 50mm 1.4 & Kodak Tri-X @ 3200

jCErOw8.jpg

hurr.jpg

F5yHodV.jpg

Edited by omnidata

Anyone shooting the Sony A7? I want the full frame but I never take my 5d2 out anymore due to the size and weight.

I've personally never shot one but a friend of mine swears by it. He particularly likes the A7s which has incredible colours and tonal integrity. He also had some of his A7 converted with the Kolari mod recently and its definitely an improvement with less smearing on wide angles. I also really like the outputs I've seen from the A7s but I don't think I can get along with an EVF.

Thanks for the reply, I have dealt with the EFV before, it's not my favorite, but it works. I have to weigh the pros and cons...biggest con for the 5d mkII is I don't take my camera out of the bag unless I'm shooting something paid, while the biggest con for the a7 is lack of lenses. I am shooting with my lx3, while it has some great features, it's just not up to par to my 5d. The prices are looking like u could get out as an even trade after selling my equipment.

Thanks for the reply, I have dealt with the EFV before, it's not my favorite, but it works. I have to weigh the pros and cons...biggest con for the 5d mkII is I don't take my camera out of the bag unless I'm shooting something paid, while the biggest con for the a7 is lack of lenses. I am shooting with my lx3, while it has some great features, it's just not up to par to my 5d. The prices are looking like u could get out as an even trade after selling my equipment.

I would have thought the opposite about lenses. The A7 can take literally any lens with an adapter as long as you don't mind manual focusing.

I would have thought the opposite about lenses. The A7 can take literally any lens with an adapter as long as you don't mind manual focusing.

Yeah I guess you're right, I have a lot of legacy glass and you can use that metabones adapter to canon lenses as well as the Sony adapter for alpha lenses. I put it up on Craigslist so we will see!

tumblr_nk5k36xaDe1s0aou1o1_1280.jpg

canon ae-1 program 50mm 1.8

superia 200

While the colors are cozy on this one I feel very conflicted about my pictures in general

tumblr_nk5kt0Q7401s0aou1o1_1280.jpg

I just sit there with the prints/scans, look at them. Yeah this is what I wanted them to look like and I get excited but as a whole... egh.

Edited by Hsin8

Anyone shooting the Sony A7? I want the full frame but I never take my 5d2 out anymore due to the size and weight.

All my photos posted here are with the Sony A7 + Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 

The A7 is bloody light and for the price of full frame, i dont know but to me its the cheapest full frame body you can find for a retail price, got mine after A7II release which makes price lowered. Happy with it. More money for designer stuff at the same time owning the camera.

Yeah I used to own 5DMarkII didn't find it practical even to use as travel, had to hung around body and knocking people around afraid someone might just rob me by cutting off my strap, and its bloody heavy after one day usage. I find it tough shooting in street where its so obvious everyone be pissed at you for shooting them. 

The A7 is pretty much stealthy its like the Leica M240 *Sorry, personal opinion* , i love how this small camera can do almost everything but the shutter's abit noisy. So street wise you gotta be smarter a little hah! 

For choices of lens, this year is good year, where Sony will be releasing more AF lenses, likewise how market complained about lack of lenses. But if you don't mind you can just get some cheap adapter and pair with every lens but manual focus it yourself and if you have extra money get the metabones adapter. 

Everything is my personal opinion about this camera and from my knowledge of shooting. I don't really research about technicalities of how a camera color and whatsoeever! 

tumblr_nk8kkbp6201u5dla6o1_1280.jpg

Cheers~ 

Edited by tyhsien

All my photos posted here are with the Sony A7 + Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 

The A7 is bloody light and for the price of full frame, i dont know but to me its the cheapest full frame body you can find for a retail price, got mine after A7II release which makes price lowered. Happy with it. More money for designer stuff at the same time owning the camera.

Yeah I used to own 5DMarkII didn't find it practical even to use as travel, had to hung around body and knocking people around afraid someone might just rob me by cutting off my strap, and its bloody heavy after one day usage. I find it tough shooting in street where its so obvious everyone be pissed at you for shooting them. 

The A7 is pretty much stealthy its like the Leica M240 *Sorry, personal opinion* , i love how this small camera can do almost everything but the shutter's abit noisy. So street wise you gotta be smarter a little hah! 

For choices of lens, this year is good year, where Sony will be releasing more AF lenses, likewise how market complained about lack of lenses. But if you don't mind you can just get some cheap adapter and pair with every lens but manual focus it yourself and if you have extra money get the metabones adapter. 

Everything is my personal opinion about this camera and from my knowledge of shooting. I on't really research about technicalities of how a camera color and whatsoeever! 

Cheers~ 

Thanks for the review! I sold my 5d mkii two days ago and ordered the a7 last night. How do you like the 28-70 lens? (not sure if you have it) I'd like to have at least one AF lens and that one can be had fairly cheap. I see people taking the rear baffles out of the sigma 30mm 2.8 to make it work on a full frame...but there's still the issue of having to fix the vignette in spot. I guess not a big deal but the 28-70 would be more versatile. 

A7 is amazing. I would buy that new 28mm 2.0 that is coming out for only $400 something. I have the 35mm 2.8 and its great and super small, although a little slow. the 55mm is great but is larger and 55mm is kind of tight. I heard good things about the kit lens but honestly your photography will be better if you just stuck to one focal length. 

Walt, yeah I usually shoot primes. I do have the kit lens, it's not bad, I just wanted a WA lens and this was 28-75 so it's a good walk around. I have the 50mm 1.4 Canon lens adapted to it too that's works well with the focus peaking. I will look into that 28mm as I haven't heard of it coming out yet. That price sounds like something I can actually afford compared to their other lenses!