Does anyone have advice on what photoshop tools I should use/look into in general? (ie ruler, arbitrary rotate, unsharpmask etc)

Never used a ruler, before but Ctrl - T (free rotate, resize etc) is very handy. Unsharp mask is always used last for final sharpening.

I like to use a number of adjustment layers (levels, curves, color balance etc.) to achieve the look I'm after in a photo. Very powerful imo. You can throw another "soft light" layer on top and paint it with an airbrush to adjust specific areas of highlight and shadow.

Clone stamp, spot healing and those kinda patch tools are used sometimes to edit out small distractions, sensor dust and the like that crop up in photos.

I got several large pieces of dust on my sensor and eyepiece that are most annoying. Does warranty cover that or should I attempt something on my own?

been a while, lots of great photos all around.

first actually successful panorama, my living room. i think the blends are a lil harsh seeing as i should've adjusted the shutter to the opposing sides of the room, but it was just rushed. what you guys think? original file size was 20K x 2100 pixels. lol

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2317/2355227841_2c450aa795_b.jpg

edit: SORRY, DONT SQUINT TOO HARD. lol ill try to upload on flickr to enlarge it properly

Nice pic. What's your lighting set up. I'm about to get a set of pocket wizards and I want to get 3 flashes, but I can't decide on which ones!

I use Nikon SB-26's (x2) and pocket wizards. You can go with vivitar 285's, nice and cheap, I went from vivi 285s to sunpak 544's and now im using these nikon's and i like them by far the best. if you have any questions, send me a pm! :D

good luck!

I use Nikon SB-26's (x2) and pocket wizards. You can go with vivitar 285's, nice and cheap, I went from vivi 285s to sunpak 544's and now im using these nikon's and i like them by far the best. if you have any questions, send me a pm! :D

good luck!

nice, im using a nikon sb-28, with a cheap ebay trigger. haha

gonna get a sb-800 soon and just slave that one using CLS until i get more reliable triggers

$160+ each for PW is a bit much for me right now.

you using any gels btw? looks like it on camera left

nice, im using a nikon sb-28, with a cheap ebay trigger. haha

gonna get a sb-800 soon and just slave that one using CLS until i get more reliable triggers

$160+ each for PW is a bit much for me right now.

you using any gels btw? looks like it on camera left

Nice, I think you're off to a good start. Just start saving up for pocket wizard's afterwards, I used those ebay triggers and that taught me a big lesson about what to spend my money on..haha but they should hold you until then.

I wasn't using any gels on that photo, I was using the sun setting as a rim.

OH OOPS

haha my bad, i just realized it after looking closer at the rest of the pic.

but yea the ebay triggers can be modded with an antenna, it increases the range and reliability slightly. not that i need the range, but im just tired of the misfires -_-.

edit: sorry mike, i guess the pic was too big