been a while, lots of great photos all around.

first actually successful panorama, my living room. i think the blends are a lil harsh seeing as i should've adjusted the shutter to the opposing sides of the room, but it was just rushed. what you guys think? original file size was 20K x 2100 pixels. lol

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2317/2355227841_2c450aa795_b.jpg

edit: SORRY, DONT SQUINT TOO HARD. lol ill try to upload on flickr to enlarge it properly

looks pretty neat, wall paint changes color a few times but yeah, its neat

2356035858_0797087ed7.jpg

this looks like it could be some pre-loaded macintosh wallpaper or something, mean this in a good way

thanks dino!

yea the curtains/ incandescant lights are the cause of it haha. next try will be much better tho ;]

and c0c0, nice shots, wish i had time to go =/...are those papaya dogs?? if they are, u rawk. haha

likewtfyo, idk much about portrait lens, but i would personally go with a 85mm since i shoot dx format, so the crop factor gives it a tight feel. ask Syd, he should know bout a good portrait lens

really like that one of the sandbar, dino. might look nice in b+w too, theres some great contrast there

Thanks, I'll see how it looks, just low tide though, no sandbar

---------------------AWESOME

I love that little guy

---------------------AWESOME

I love that little guy

thanks guys, that shot's one of my fave's too :)

i was in a moving car which the windows didn't roll all the way down >_<

and Dino i like the black and white one better too

black/white one,

too voyeurism in colour.

Is there such a thing as too voyeuristic when someone's already photographing strangers? I think that element might even be part of why I prefer the color one.

That and those awesome bright spots of color. The way the turquoise and green and reds and stuff pop out in their discrete little moments really rocks my world. You lose that in black&white.

And even as just an elegant geometric configuration, to my eyes, the people pop off the sand better in the color version....

Is there such a thing as too voyeuristic when someone's already photographing strangers? I think that element might even be part of why I prefer the color one.

That and those awesome bright spots of color. The way the turquoise and green and reds and stuff pop out in their discrete little moments really rocks my world. You lose that in black&white.

And even as just an elegant geometric configuration, to my eyes, the people pop off the sand better in the color version....

Word!

you said that much better than me hahah

*x's photos*
i had a phase, find myself still sorta fighting it every once in a while, of taking similar shots. while the 2nd and 3rd shots look neet and nice texture/pattern all that, i realized that they just dont really cut it as far as fine art goes, too symmetric or repeating, maybe uniform is the right word? theyre cool looking, but more like for a desktop wallpaper or as background of something else you know?

the only stranger in that shot is the lady in the top right corner ;)

but thanks to everyone for the kind words and feedback, i never thought that one would be as popular as it is