i had a phase, find myself still sorta fighting it every once in a while, of taking similar shots. while the 2nd and 3rd shots look neet and nice texture/pattern all that, i realized that they just dont really cut it as far as fine art goes, too symmetric or repeating, maybe uniform is the right word? theyre cool looking, but more like for a desktop wallpaper or as background of something else you know?

ha i know what you mean it is my current desktop pic but yeah thanks :)

dino, go for the color.. it's more vivid and the contrast is even greater than the bw version to me...

sorry for random picture sizes... from past week or so

kfccopyuk5.jpg

ahahahah this is fabulous!!

I'm thinking this will be a little too post card for sufu like but see how it goes. It rained non-stop yesterday which was perfect weather to go waterfall snapping.

236266527175b818b248dv2.jpg

I'm thinking this will be a little too post card for sufu like but see how it goes. It rained non-stop yesterday which was perfect weather to go waterfall snapping.

236266527175b818b248dv2.jpg

i want to be there. looks good. water and long exposures are fun

photothread1.jpg

photothread2.jpg

i like these shots.

the fist one has great colour and composition, but would have benn better without the 2 buildings in the background on the right hand side.

the second one with the coffee and donuts is good coz its telling a story, albeit v. simple

and it helps to put a space btw each shot.

keep taking and posting

3rd one is the best, i think, f2b

i agree with dino, i mean, i enjoy a nice cigar every once in awhile, but its easier to do pictures/be artistic with cigarettes than with cigars. i dont know if this is possible, but taking same sort of pic like you have in the 3rd/4th photo, but inhaling so the lit end shows up in the middle of your shaded out face

here are a couple proofs from my last photo assignment...unfortunately i don't have my final copies with me. assignment was "consciously in color". i decided to go for a muted and dark palette for most of these and all are done without an artificial light source:

hopefully these resized the way i wanted them to...

photo012.jpg

Ebays-Records011.jpg

Ebays-Records032.jpg

Ebays-Records010.jpg