How old are you / How much do you earn in a year ?

englandmj7

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest youngteam
Technical Inside Sales = $20/Hour, and I'm just about to start @ 3% commission soon, then working my way up to 10%.

Marketing/Advertising via The Internet = Spam/all commission. $20k a year on average... It slowed down quite a bit, fuck filters!

You do the math.

hahahahahaha good gig. and attending school? heald or university of phoenix?

hahahahahaha good gig. and attending school? heald or university of phoenix?

Ehh, just finishing up classes at a community college right now.

I actually took this semester off to focus more on work for a bit, but after a semester or two, I should be transferring over to CSULB.

Figures. I was like, where the fuck does he work that allows him to wear shit like that every single day.

Well, on the other hand, he's doing a grad degree in something absurd like robotics engineering (I think?). I mean, I'd give my kid a ton of money if he was acheiving at that level.

For example: I think i'm going to get fired from one of my jobs today, if that happens I'm going to go back to a full courseload in microbiology. I expect that my parents will give me money at that point, I don't think that that's wrong at all.

a lot of you guys are my age and making a lot of money, but paying absurd rent. just curious why you don't buy some property? even if you sell in 3 years you won't be throwing rent down the drain, although you won't have much equity the way the housing markets going it's a great time to buy right now. and in the city a mortgage payment is usually just a tad bit more than rent anyways, at least in boston.

a lot of you guys are my age and making a lot of money, but paying absurd rent. just curious why you don't buy some property? even if you sell in 3 years you won't be throwing rent down the drain, although you won't have much equity the way the housing markets going it's a great time to buy right now. and in the city a mortgage payment is usually just a tad bit more than rent anyways, at least in boston.

Its a good time to buy depending on where you live, I saw non jumbo fixed 30 years at 5.25% with 2pts, but prices are way too high in ny still.

I've been trying to buy, but I can see why its easier to rent these days

When you buy a place say a 2 bedroom in Brooklyn, which will run between 700-800k, 400-1100 a month for maint, 300-500 a month for taxes. And these maint charges are going up due to rising fuel costs.

Transfer taxes, closing costs, processing fees, your 800k purchase ends up being 850k not including interest on the mortgage itself.

Do you put enough down to get rates betow jumbo rates? At this point putting down 30-40% down doesnt cut it.

And setting aside at least a years worth of mortgage payments, maint, taxes, utilities in case something happens to your job.

You end up living pay check to pay check if you make under 200K.

Its a good time to buy depending on where you live, I saw non jumbo fixed 30 years at 5.25% with 2pts, but prices are way too high in ny still.

I've been trying to buy, but I can see why its easier to rent these days

When you buy a place say a 2 bedroom in Brooklyn, which will run between 700-800k, 400-1100 a month for maint, 300-500 a month for taxes. And these maint charges are going up due to rising fuel costs.

Transfer taxes, closing costs, processing fees, your 800k purchase ends up being 850k not including interest on the mortgage itself.

Do you put enough down to get rates betow jumbo rates? At this point putting down 30-40% down doesnt cut it.

And setting aside at least a years worth of mortgage payments, maint, taxes, utilities in case something happens to your job.

You end up living pay check to pay check if you make under 200K.

Not to mention the fact that 30% of a $800,000 apartment is $240,000 in cash...and I just don't know many people who have that kind of skrilla at an early age. This is especially so if you live in NYC and money is flowing out of your bank account every milisecond of your existence.

I did med mal defense for a bit; pay sucked donkey balls.

yeah, those guys get paid horribly...

Its a good time to buy depending on where you live.

yup. price trends in new york city don't follow the national market.. they've gone down, but no where near as much as everywhere else...

Same with doctors nowadays.

It doesn't pay to be a doctor nowadays given the years in school, debt, and time-value of money you could have earned.

Comp. is getting squeezed.

Plus, you have to deal with the weak dollar strong euro.

its guaranteed though. unlike finance where you got a rat race of who can out do who, not to mention lay offs now a days. doctors are still putting food on the table

I own a condo here in SoCal. I've had it for the past 5 years and am pretty happy that I got it when I did. The value has dipped a bit, but it comes in real handy during tax time and there is just no replacement in knowing that the money you put in for rent goes to a semi-savings account.

I have to drive about an hour each way to work, but what I save in rent allows me to buy a shitload of technical jackets, every medicom/star war toy released, a motorcyle, and a decent vacation two week vacation to Asia (Taipei, HK) once a year.

I don't have as much as I would like, but I have a balance, and it's been feeling pretty good.

Guest spazzz
Same with doctors nowadays.

It doesn't pay to be a doctor nowadays given the years in school, debt, and time-value of money you could have earned.

Comp. is getting squeezed.

Plus, you have to deal with the weak dollar strong euro.

while this is true, you can still make a lot of money (not as much as hedge funds or trading) as a doctor. just depends on how you work it.

I have to drive about an hour each way to work, but what I save in rent allows me to buy a shitload of technical jackets, every medicom/star war toy released, a motorcyle, and a decent vacation two week vacation to Asia (Taipei, HK) once a year.

I don't have as much as I would like, but I have a balance, and it's been feeling pretty good.

lol. more power to ya, but ehhh.....

aiite so i just sent this theatre company for a usher job.

they pay quite well (above min wage) prices are around 9-12 dollars an hour

scheudle is 15 - 20 hours a week.

lets hope i land this job.

remember im just a high school student.. so 9-12 is quite... high

• 1 month later...