How old are you / How much do you earn in a year ?

englandmj7

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I'm 18, and studying at business school, graduationg this summer (Yehaa!)

Right now, i'm working at the local supermarket at $15/h and doing some freelance webpages making about $200 a month + $175 study support a month.

--- Original message by antihelt on Apr 8, 2006 10:06 AM

how does that work? I'm 18 in my first year of biz school. not where i want to be.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Quote:

I'm 18, and studying at business school, graduationg this summer (Yehaa!)

Right now, i'm working at the local supermarket at $15/h and doing some freelance webpages making about $200 a month + $175 study support a month.

--- Original message by antihelt on Apr 8, 2006 10:06 AM

you make $15 at the fucking supermarket? i made $5.75 an hour working electronics at kmart when i was 17, fuck i only made $15 an hour when i first got out of school. Fuck college, keep working for another 15 years, put that shit in the bank and investments, and be the envy of all your friends, retire at age 30....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

England thanks for the tip. In my 3rd year I am going to be working in the industry for a full year paid co-op position, so I think that will help get me at least one valuable connection. Other than that I really want to keep my summer this year and next year free but who knows what I will do after my 3rd year once I start to get serious. Also My Pal the Crook suggested to intern at a brand/company in Toronto to help get my t-shirts off the ground, which sounds pretty interesting although not in the industry I am in. (Hotel & Food Admin, which is pretty garbage by the way. I figure I will finish this degree but then get a MBA and take it from there).

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

Quote: England thanks for the tip. In my 3rd year I am going to be working in the industry for a full year paid co-op position, so I think that will help get me at least one valuable connection. Other than that I really want to keep my summer this year and next year free but who knows what I will do after my 3rd year once I start to get serious. Also My Pal the Crook suggested to intern at a brand/company in Toronto to help get my t-shirts off the ground, which sounds pretty interesting although not in the industry I am in. (Hotel & Food Admin, which is pretty garbage by the way. I figure I will finish this degree but then get a MBA and take it from there).

Very nice; sounds like you have a plan, which surprisingly, 95% of college kids don't, even up until their last year.....also, I wouldn't waste your time interning with a clothing/t-shirt label unless you definitely want to go into that field, because honestly, you may have a fun little run, but there is no money to be made in the t-shirt biz...unless you are content with making 15-20k a year for most of your life, heh heh.

LAGuy- what do you study/why did you choose to get a doctorate? Want to be a prof.?

Edited by englandmj7 on Apr 10, 2006 at 10:35 AM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

lol you are a pokemon master?

thats hella tight... are there any rules like magic the gathering where new cards are the only one allowed or what?

i think yugioh card system is more efficient but yeahhh.. i never collected them, only pokemon.

i am 17, high school, i mooch off money off my parents.

i have no allowance, no money si givine to me..

shit, they wouldnt evne pay for my ap exams. :(

so all in all 20 bucks x 12 months = 240 operating budget for me