ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

^But its a rad street setup.

cannot wait to get my Fuji X-100...just in time for better weather too.

always thought you had an ep2 ah_long haha, I should be getting my epl2 soon, great pics, wish i got these instead of my 0500s

I had a GF1 but I sold it and kept the lens...

I like the EPL1 because it's light and I like the menu interface...

I do have the EP2 EVF on it though...

Sweden here.

Rätt säker på att det bara är du och jag som representerar blågult.

And wash them! They can take it.

Härligt! Vart i Sverige bor du?

Yea if Sweden says wash then wash it is :D

^ not in sweden, but i spent some very good times in uppsala in fall 08. awesome little town. sweden is spectacular.

- - - - -

took these pics for the shoes thread, but i'm wearing my 811s (of course) and this thread needs all the action it can get. we're almost on the 3rd page! for shame!

5413970286_f322ef6790_z.jpg

5413359503_4dd2e2b265_z.jpg

5413970350_15d108a8cd_z.jpg

sorry for terrible quality. especially after ah_long's great shots! just did some research and found out that the front-facing camera on iphone 4 (which i took these on) is much lower resolution than the rear. mind=blown.

any place for pre-orders? I wanna get my hands on one as well

Adorama is taking pre orders, and I think if you call B&H they will too. I have my name on a list at my local shop so I can demo it first before I buy, I have to decide if I want the x100 or a 35mm 1.4L for my 5d MKII...

BTW. Forgot to say great pics!

Adorama is taking pre orders, and I think if you call B&H they will too. I have my name on a list at my local shop so I can demo it first before I buy, I have to decide if I want the x100 or a 35mm 1.4L for my 5d MKII...

BTW. Forgot to say great pics!

I'm going to see how it performs in real life and the sample pics before I take the plunge...

everything looks great on the paper... but you never know... the Sony Nex was a huge disappointment for me

fuck. crotch rip tonight hopping a guard rail on a roof in downtown minneapolis while out shooting...

actually now that i'm home and looking at it, not that bad. definitely needs some attention asap however.

Reading about rips and busted seams here I just thought you guys downsized and/or saw way more action than me and my jeans, but now I got a loose thread at the bottom of the fly. It is kind of fun to pull out the needle once and again but damn it´s hard getting it through in thick areas.

@JacoBlue: Jag bor i Malmö

The denim is fine, I popped the inseam stitch. Sewing on these is really not good IMO. I was just as rough on my pbjs and skulls both of which were simmer than this pair, and have had 0 problems in over a year of wear. My beltloop where I hang my keys is torn out on the inside as well as front and back pockets losing stitching.

Oh well. Guess I'm gonna prepare for tons of repairs in the future!

I finally gave mine a 3rd hot soak to shink them back down after they bagged out from all the winter layering. Loving the fit more and more with each soak, and also sent them to Gordon last week. The turn around was lightning fast, will definitely send all hem jobs to him from now on. Now that I finially got them hemmed to the right length I am in love with the fit. :cool:

Looks like Im part of the needs some stitching crew. First is was the Eyelets on the crotch which Im thinking Ive let get way too thin, Now Im getting the Front pocket stitch falling out, and Also in the interior left leg crotch seam the stitching is falling out. The back pocket corners are about to explode off as well. Guess ill fire up the sewing machine this weekend.

haha, i did some more repair work today and they're in the wash right now. i'm interested to see just how many self repairs i can do before they require professional fixing..