Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Joined the SDA fold yesterday with a pair of Sd103's. Just thought you all should know.

Initial soak sorted, just waiting for them to dry. Sized same as my actual waist.. looks pretty skinny now, might need to leave the top button undone for a few days!

Finish and materials look as good as anything else i own. Cant wait to beat em up.

oh, and a bump up for this underappreciated little thread :ph34r:

Edited by Mild7

Joined the SDA fold yesterday with a pair of Sd103's. Just thought you all should know.

Initial soak sorted, just waiting for them to dry. Sized same as my actual waist.. looks pretty skinny now, might need to leave the top button undone for a few days!

Finish and materials look as good as anything else i own. Cant wait to beat em up.

oh, and a bump up for this underappreciated little thread :ph34r:

I agree with you here Mild7, I'm really impressed with the fabric and construction of my SD 101s and definitely believe this brand doesn't get the attention it deserves here on Sufu, however, I think the same could also be said for Denime and Fullcount, judging by how many pages are in those threads.

Having said that, I do think Studio D'Artisan (like Sugar Cane) has been subject to changing trends on Sufu. It was more popular a few years back, when some of the Japanese brands were being 'discovered' on this forum (I think the SD 103 was particularly de rigeur around these parts!). There is ever-increasing brand coverage now, which has resulted in more of a backseat for SDA, but that's fine with me. I think they still do ok in Japan too! ;)

I agree with you here Mild7, I'm really impressed with the fabric and construction of my SD 101s and definitely believe this brand doesn't get the attention it deserves here on Sufu, however, I think the same could also be said for Denime and Fullcount, judging by how many pages are in those threads.

Having said that, I do think Studio D'Artisan (like Sugar Cane) has been subject to changing trends on Sufu. It was more popular a few years back, when some of the Japanese brands were being 'discovered' on this forum (I think the SD 103 was particularly de rigeur around these parts!). There is ever-increasing brand coverage now, which has resulted in more of a backseat for SDA, but that's fine with me. I think they still do ok in Japan too! ;)

Yeah I am surprised how times have changed, I remember when I first started browsing mynudies and here sugar cane was huuuge, along with samurai and the others but samurai is still quite relevant here

Thanks mate , would love to see some pics of your 101's

My 103's have been through a fair bit of wear the past few months , everything from plastering , fitting a new fitchen (harder than I thought , workspace was kind of an issue because there was building materials all over the house ) and a bit of brick work that was a first for me

I've just looked at my SD101s and I have 2 pairs with yellow inseam stitching and 1 with orange. I quite like this and assume they're just different manufacturing lots. It reminds me of what I've read about old Levi 501s - that variations such as different coloured stitching often occurred due to factories using whatever materials (eg thread) were available at the time.

Posted · Hidden by aedressler, May 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by aedressler, May 4, 2012 - No reason given

I buy Japanese brands 2nd hand for resale. I pass up a lot of Studio D'artisan sweatshirts because they're made in China. They've got the double VV with 4" long cuffs. I can sell them for $35 if there's a market.

Got a decent faded pair of lot 303 jeans too in a W29-30xL32 if interested. $80

Whole gang of other Jpn denim brand gear too. Contact for an inventory/price list.

Adam D

• 3 weeks later...