Burgus Plus world tour

Flash

Day 8

Long day today...between work and play, I hardly had time for daily jean worship on sufu!

A note about my view...It's always somewhat strange looking outside since about a month and a half ago a driver drove through the fence and into the water...It apparently took them 3 weeks to actually discover the car and body of the driver as the broken fence went unfixed for weeks...No one thought twice about the broken fence! Crazy world....Anyways, we saw the whole operation in action along with divers jumping from helicopters and emergency vehicles lined up all along the water...Looking at the scene today, you'd never know...

IMG_5044.jpg

Along with my usual breakfast I had some salad. I usually break up tortilla chips to add a little crunch as we never seem to cook or buy croutons...

IMG_5047.jpg

This guy was on my window

IMG_5048.jpg

Afterwards, we decided to hit up the Korean Market (Not H-Mart!) called Joong Boo...While it is small and doesn't have as much to see or buy as H-Mart, it happens to have one of the best whole in the wall type of restaurants in the back! Cheap, big portions and big flavor...What else can you ask for?

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

The menu is pretty solid, and you will often see many Mexican families here...They put Avocado and lime in their Soon Dubu, etc. and it makes me want to try it...

IMG_5054.jpg

Oh hells yeah...

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

Day 8 contd.

You wouldn't believe it but they actually have the BEST orange chicken there...Cripsy, hot and packed with flavor, you'll swear there is a god in heaven!

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

Knowing me, you'll know that things got messy fast...Here is my 3 finger prong technique

IMG_5062.jpg

And the aftermath

IMG_5063.jpg

Not exactly bone clean but I try

IMG_5064.jpg

What would you order?

IMG_5065.jpg

Joong Boooo!

IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5074.jpg

Day 8 contd.

Joong Boo has some crazy deals...One buy one free!

IMG_5079.jpg

Not as impressive as the H-Mart kimchee lineup but rotting cabbage nonetheless...

IMG_5080.jpg

A decent fish collection...The best place in town for sushi is a place called Lincoln Fish Market, also Korean owned...

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5082.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

Just a head's up...I really prefer this brand of Mandoo...

IMG_5085.jpg

Daipooooong!

IMG_5087.jpg

And if you haven't had Chappagetti before, you are missing out on one of the worlds PERFECT drunk food...

IMG_5088.jpg

Day 8 contd

Farewell Joong Boo!

IMG_5090.jpg

Picked up some Gumi as well...I believe you can get these anywhere nowadays

IMG_5091.jpg

Made with actual real fruit...

IMG_5093.jpg

On the way home we drove through Wrigleyville aka doosh central when a game is on...

IMG_5096.jpg

Later on in the day i had to "dress up" for work...

IMG_5105.jpg

Decided to walk to that Gelato place I mentioned the other day before heading towards the bus....On my street are many historical houses that costs millions of dollars...

IMG_5108.jpg

At the gelato place I got Peanut butter Raspberry, Pecan Praline, and Biscotti flavors...

IMG_5109.jpg

Just chillin

IMG_5116.jpg

These jeans fade FAST, I must say...

IMG_5123.jpg

After work I waited outside having missed my bus by a split second:

IMG_5136.jpg

Day 8 contd

More waiting outside...Right along Michigan and Delaware for the locals...Taking that 146 northbound!

IMG_5142.jpg

And for those that were wondering what shirt I wore as well...(Forgive the loosened tie, took this at home when I was about to change into "relaxed" clothing)

IMG_5144.jpg

Dinner was an old college staple of mine...Stir Fried lettuce with garlic and Ramen topped with egg and broccoli...Founder's centennial for my beer drinking friends as well...My go to drink of choice and my second favorite after Hopslam on tap (I'm from Michigan)...

IMG_5152.jpg

After dinner I hit up the Karaoke place...Almost like a frat house but we know the owners well since we frequent the place and we always get free beer, etc.

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

You know how we do

IMG_5158s.jpg

IMG_5159s.jpg

IMG_5160s.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

Free snacks and we called it a night!

IMG_5172.jpg

See you all in the morning...

ranonranonarat, lol thanks for the support etc. and yup they are Indy's!

tvshooter, I get that question alllllll the time....I guess I just have a fast metabolism?

btw, updates might be sparse today...working a damn 9 hour shift :X

just a recap of the measurements as well as the list for the traveling pants. it'd be great if they could go up on the first page.

Measurements

Waist 15.5

Front 10.25

Back 12.75

Thigh 11.25

Knee 8 5/8

Inseam 33

LO 7 7/8

Traveling Pants List

1 aho

2 medine

3 lendo

4 salaami

5 kai

6 rungo

7 riff

8 ah long

9 opie

10 chambo

11 ranonranonarat

Day 9

As expected, sparse updates today....Many apologies, working retail doesn't always mean the best hours (although the discount isn't so bad)....For those who hadn't picked up on it, I work at a certain "Crew"...

Had to rush to work so I didn't get shots of breakfast, etc. but here's my usual spot for lunch breaks...Potbelly's...Today's order was a Smoked Ham sandwich with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, onion and a side of chips and a cookie...

IMG_5182.jpg

Not the greatest sandwich in the world but I make do

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

After lunch I ran over to Marc Jacobs and Barney's who were both having pretty decent sales...

IMG_5189.jpg

The barney's is just a few months old, they relocated across the street to a larger location

IMG_5190.jpg

RRL's were on sale! $250 marked down from (IIRC) $350ish...

IMG_5194.jpg

Didn't buy the RRL's as I don't need any new denim but it was a decent sale for those in need...I did snap pictures of my outfit, however...The angle makes me look particularly lanky...

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

Day 9 contd

Chicago streets...

IMG_5203.jpg

After work I was dying for anything cold and liquidish in my system so I broke down and ran over to Jamba Juice as they are open till 11....Mango A Go Go is what I ordered, despite swearing off fruit shakes/smoothies

IMG_5204.jpg

The streets are always busy at night nowadays since the weather has picked up. In the background is the infamous Water Tower that survived disasters in the past

IMG_5210.jpg

Next door to Jamba Juice is the touristy Cheesecake Factory which seems to be the one must visit restaurant for most casual tourists to the city. Not sure why...

IMG_5215.jpg

More street views since I was walking around the area

IMG_5218.jpg

Another mega spot for tourists is the shopping mall, Water Tower Place. The mall itself has become a nightmare especially since the addition of the American Girl store. I've never seen so many bratty little girls situated in one area at a time....

IMG_5221.jpg

Back at the apartment I had some Pepper steak and a seafood tofu dish...

IMG_5228.jpg

I was also pleasantly surprised by my girlfriend who informed me that there were "healthy" Pop Tarts made by the Fiber One brand!

IMG_5231.jpg

Reliving my childhood....

IMG_5232.jpg

And I'm calling it a night...More work tomorrow and something about a Pride Fest!

IMG_5223.jpg

hey aho, awesome updates! What neighborhood are you at? It's great to see Chicago represented. I think i may have been helped by you one time at the crew. Not sure though but keep up the awesome updates, +rep when i'm recharged sir

aho.. you set the bars so high it makes it hard for us to compete.. haha..

anyways.. is there any suggestions as to whether we should all do something of a similar theme for this tour? or even throw in something into the package, sign a book... or sign the pocket bag or sth?

if we're going to do something, lets get it started with the first person

Day 10

Hate to be all apologies but I'm going to ask for yet another day of sparse updates...Today was a blur and having worked all day today and another early morning tomorrow I'll have to skip a few pictures for now.

Today was the peak of Gay Pride (month?) here in Chicago and every year the Pride Parade is a big deal. Since I live in almost the heart of "Boystown" the parade ran right down the street from me and I ran over to take some pics before work....Although the pictures are on my girlfriends camera, I'll upload those pictures later. For now, here is a hint of the traffic we all had to deal with, especially along Belmont...Consequently, today was the first time I've seen the beaches empty, and there were even buses going toward the parade that didn't have any numbers, yet said "Going Your Way"...Today the weather reports were predicting thunderstorms all day, and while it didn't actually rain, we were all comforted by the fact that spandex dries fast...

IMG_5233.jpg

Parade pics to be inserted later!

At work I unfortunately had Potbelly's for the second day in a row...This time I went with a Roast Beef sandwich...

IMG_5234.jpg

My girlfriend went to Mitsuwa today in the suburbs and bought me some Yakult! Yakult when frozen, actually mixes really well with alcohol...try it sometime!

IMG_5236.jpg

Dinner was pretty light and consisted of salad, meat leftovers and noodles sprinkled with a Japanese noodle topping/oil...Simple and easy as I didn't have time to go all out...

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5240.jpg

Admittedly the noodles don't look all that great (didn't add any meat or veggies, but usually put tuna and peas) but the taste is good!

IMG_5241.jpg

After dinner I headed up to the 40th floor to exercise...I wear Vibram Five Fingers while running. Believe you me, I was never a running type but since I started using the Vibrams, I feel as if I could run for days straight!

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

Calling it a night for now...off to bed and more updates tomorrow afternoon!

Day 11

Today was a fairly standard day....Woke up early (8am is early for me) to go to work and am usually welcomed by the amazing sun on the water...A lot more glorious in real life!

IMG_5247.jpg

The view is also frequented by a few ads once in a while...

IMG_5250.jpg

Breakfast was more of the same so here is the meal I cooked up after work...Shin Ramyun with an egg

IMG_5251.jpg

Alright so here is the main meat of today's post....Long overdue pictures of the actual jeans themselves! As you can see there is a lot of fading going on although the jeans are darker in person. From my experience so far, these babies fade fastttttt and give it to you easy! The hige was already started by Flash but have since faded a bit more

IMG_5256.jpg

Honey combs are starting to take shape as well

IMG_5259.jpg

I'm guessing the back pockets will take a beating....The crotch is also a major point of stress

IMG_5260.jpg

I predict hidden rivets will start to burst by the 3rd or 4th person!

IMG_5261.jpg

Day 11 contd

Photobucket keeps rotating my pictures even after I edit! ahhhh

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5277.jpg

Here you can see where my bag constantly rubs against my right leg...This area tends to wear down first on all of my jeans!

IMG_5279.jpg

And now for hardware

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5285.jpg

And finally the patch! As far as I know it hasn't been treated with anything but it is coming along beautifully

IMG_5287.jpg

Now back to my day...

IMG_5291.jpg

Decided to head out to dinner by way of bicycle. All of the bikes are kept in the garage and the worst of it is that many don't exactly respect other peoples property...I once found my bike on the otherside of the storage room with the bike lock jamming my chain locking the pedals up not to mention a bent up spoke...

IMG_5296.jpg

Day 11 contd

Thankfully my trusty old ride can take a beating! I don't ride fixed gear but do hit the trails often when back home in Michigan...

IMG_5297.jpg

Place of choice for dinner was our regular haunt just down the street, Joy's Noodle and Rice.

IMG_5299.jpg

While not everything is spectacular on the menu, when they do things right, its hard to find any faults!

I always order the Pad Woon Sen

IMG_5305.jpg

And also Tofu with Coconut curry...

IMG_5306.jpg

And wouldn't you know it...Paciugo (Gelato place mentioned in previous posts) is two doors down!

IMG_5314.jpg

Damn summer time lines!

IMG_5308.jpg

But the wait is always worth it!

IMG_5309.jpg

Went with the Pecan Praline, Canella Cinnamon, and Chocolate Crunch again...

IMG_5311.jpg

Hit up Jewel Osco nearby for some much needed groceries (no milk or bananas! ahhhh)

IMG_5320.jpg

And found myself back in the bike room, calling it a night!

IMG_5321s.jpg

the patch has got a coat of leather oil before and after the soak i give them, i realy loved these jeans but the cut just wasent for me (mabie if i sized up one for a little more thigh and crotch room) the denim is soo nice it kind of reminded me of no.2 evisu denim with a little more slub.

great job so far aho must spread

Again, sweet pics Aho. The contrast on those jeans looks really nice.

I'm pretty sure I can see my apartment from your skyline picture, but the harbor is throwing me off... can't tell which it is. You were super close to me on Broadway when you had Joy's though! Haven't been there in a minute, but on a similar note, I found a good Thai place last night - New Thai Kitchen on Irving Park., check 'em out if you ever in the mood.

Yep, great stuff Aho!

BTW, are we planning on keeping a little scrapbook, or passing a few mementos on? I have a little project I'm working on - to be passed onwards after my rotation.... :)