almondcrush

what are you reading today?

12781154.jpg

I have to read it for school. It's pretty good so far and I will say that it is one of the better books that I have read for school.

Some random list of stuff Alexa Chung hates had one that stuck with me: that she can't read Lolita for the first time ever again. Cosign that. The first time is a revelation.

0520071778.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Very much worth reading. I've been delving heavily into fashion theory lately--amazing how enlightening this stuff can be when read against contemporary fashion magazines/blogs/etc.

I can't believe in this day and age people are not only not ashamed to be seen reading Ayn Rand, but are proud of it to the point where they share it with others.

please make it stop.

you arent a fan?

it was recommended by a friend and has been interesting so far.

ive avoded ayn rand this long based on the fact that everyone whose ever told me i should read it thinks donnie darko is a good film. i wont touch it like theres AIDS on it.

I can't believe in this day and age people are not only not ashamed to be seen reading Ayn Rand, but are proud of it to the point where they share it with others.

there are also people proud of finishing a dan brown book

but dan brown readers wouldnt read if there werent dan browns. that kind of stuff exists in a vacuum. whereas ayn rand is for assholes.

4445954506_4cb9047c13_o.jpg

Just finishing this up.

Restarting "Toll the hounds" by Steven Erickson to prep for "Dust of dreams".

ive avoded ayn rand this long based on the fact that everyone whose ever told me i should read it thinks donnie darko is a good film. i wont touch it like theres AIDS on it.

nice doom ref ;) want to rep.

but dan brown readers wouldnt read if there werent dan browns. that kind of stuff exists in a vacuum. whereas ayn rand is for assholes.

i mean i guess i see where youre coming from thus far her philosophy seems a bit extreme but the depth of the novel is pretty amazing. the fountainhead seems like a good book to me homie

im not an asshole

Lord Emsworth might be the funniest character of all time

Wodehouse is great.

An article about Ayn Rand.

http://www.slate.com/id/2233966/

While I don't necessarily agree with the reductive way the author talks about her novels here--even if I don't like them, he sort of seems to be oversimplifying the message--it is still interesting to know her history.

Didn't know the details of her drug addiction,

almost makes me like her a little bit.

Not really though.

Just started this:

51OpeN9kQQL.jpg

I've been on a crazy philosophy kick recently (though the Ayn Rand talk prompted me to post this).