For the tigh-lenght softshell jacket you might consider Parsec Coat from Arc'teryx 24 collection.

_8347616.jpg

Shadow Project is looking superb, hopefully I'll get that quitled liner vest this time, it's so Deus Ex

Oh, well... dreams are coming true...  :D

i tried the Parsec coat and had to give it back. Maybe it's my body (6'1 185cm, 75kg athletic) but it kinda looked like a potatoe bag. S was too tight and I couldn't move my legs as freely as I wanted when closed, opened was ok. M was too bulky. 

I can't remember which size I am wearing on the pictures (S on the 1st and M on the 2nd ?) but it doesn't look flattering either way:

2014-11-28195415_zpse353b1d8.jpg

IMG_9622_zps7b7bfed8.jpgIMG_9621_zps8b78eace.jpg

I have my eyes on the Isaora Ultrasonic Macintosh but the weather is becoming nicer and I wouldn't wear it too much in the next 5 months :/

Any feedback/reviews on it ? Looks amazing.

ISAORA.SS15ProductOnModel.NY.ISAORA.SS15

Edited by freecat

i tried the Parsec coat and had to give it back. Maybe it's my body (6'1 185cm, 75kg athletic) but it kinda looked like a potatoe bag. S 

I have my eyes on the Isaora Ultrasonic Macintosh but the weather is becoming nicer and I wouldn't wear it too much in the next 5 months :/

Any feedback/reviews on it ? Looks amazing.

The parsec is a great looking coat in photos and on hanger. I tried it on at the DC bird store and was very disappointed. I would recommend the partition coat instead. It is a great spring raincoat and can be layered with an insulator in the winter for wind and water protection.

I've seen the Isa mac in person and I was not impressed. Every piece is laser cut making for very rough sharp edges. Sonic welding is also a nice construction, but I had my doubts about the seam strength. 

I'm pretty well versed in seam taping and sonic welding and when I looked at the jacket I could only foresee the seams failing and bursting while stretching or reaching.

The fit and finish on Isa garments is also not fantastic. I have their fleece crew and love it, but the stitching is very rough as they did not use the proper quality soft hand thread.

I also have their down insulated shirt (which I also love as a mid layer in winter), however the fabric is not down proof and I get a ton of down migration and leakage on whatever I am wearing underneath.

Pony up the extra cash and get yourself the Veilance partition. The finish is unparalleled and the fit is great. Little loose (maybe 1/2 to 1/4 size larger than tagged, but that gives you the versatility to layer up. Plus you don't want a tight rain coat, you'll lose movement.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

^^^

well that's something new. ugly but new. i've been superbored lately with the usual chatter. Have you handled the clothes irl or found online?

anyway... did anyone order an Apple Watch? What's everyone got planned for their summer wardrobe? Is anybody selling air conditioned tshirts yet?

Is anybody selling air conditioned tshirts yet?

Hey SuE,

Just a heads up, UA has a really cool technology we're dropping in SS16.

It's similar to the heating technology we released this fall with our CGI (cold gear infrared...i.e. sublimated ceramic screen print that traps and retains body heat, keeping you warmer longer). But it will keep you feeling much cooler.

Can't really say much about it yet, but it works really well.

Hey SuE,

Just a heads up, UA has a really cool technology we're dropping in SS16.

It's similar to the heating technology we released this fall with our CGI (cold gear infrared...i.e. sublimated ceramic screen print that traps and retains body heat, keeping you warmer longer). But it will keep you feeling much cooler.

Can't really say much about it yet, but it works really well.

Song-Jieun.gif

Newline HALO:

newline-halo-2015-springsummer-lookbook-

Rest of lookbook: http://hypebeast.com/2015/4/newline-halo-2015-springsummer-lookbook

I'm considering copping the A2B Commuter Shell from Arc'teryx as a budget spring/summer jacket.  Does anyone have it/knows anyone who has it by any chance?

It's a really nice piece - fits somewhat less boxy than you might think. Really nice feeling face fabric too. I only wish it had pit zips for cycling.

can anyone comment on the quality + sizing of nau? talking about softshells has me realizing i could use a lightweight, water-resistant, and packable jacket to keep in bag. been looking at the lightbeam jacket:
img_nau_lightbeam.jpg
312nau7.jpg 
simple thing really but it looks pretty good imo. price a bit on the steep side all things considered but pops up here and there online on sale last i checked

i have their riding jacket softshell blazer in a drawer somewhere. It fits quite slim but overall tts, build quality is pretty good and they use innovative japanese performance fabrics. They're like a less hipster and more hippie version of outlier.