Leather patches on jeans

xviralx

yes, maybe too interesting to be true. wonder where the leather patch trdition came from?

From the Samurai website:

Originally it had been attached in order to polish the knife that, the patch where various theories are advocated. Presently it is marketed vis-a-vis the leather patch, as for many spread items the paper patch. Because you say, that in history of the jeans also the fur and the cloth were used, this first those which are attached with practical purpose like [akiyueitosutetsuchi] in probably is to be one of those which keep changing “the faceâ€.

my lvc patches always look shitty compared to the jeans,but i reckon the oil you get in redwing boots will work,or shoe polish.edwin patches are the nicest leather-wise(nashville and greenville)its a pity they dont make like a '67 cut jean in that denim.

i polished my tags today(lvc 67) with black and brown polish,then put dubbin on top,then washed it off with saddle soap.it softened up the leather well and gave some more colour,as the tags on the 67s are crappy dry leather.

i polished my tags today(lvc 67) with black and brown polish,then put dubbin on top,then washed it off with saddle soap.it softened up the leather well and gave some more colour,as the tags on the 67s are crappy dry leather.

67 505s? I have a pair and was under the impression that it was a paper patch.

im still a big proponent on using pure raw shea butter on all my patches. after experience, it allows the patch to age gracefully, yet stay supple. if i run out(being that i only use shea on my own skin) i use coconut oil. the shea is cheap( 3bucks for 5 pounds @ madina in downtown brooklyn, on atlantic ave.) try it, and prove me right...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i was curious about the patch thing so i took a look at the dirty dozen +1 thread. these are the patch pics that i was able to find. not really a fan of the cracked patch look. whats the best way to prevent the cracked patch esp if the jeans will have to go through a hot soak initially anyway? anyway to keep it looking like the left patch? denim looks really good though

boiling scorching hot water.

you can pour it directly onto the patch and cook the sucker.

check out the dirty dozen +1 thread if you think i'm kidding.

speaking of patches, though, there's already one casualty of scorching hot water.

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

(gordon already pre-shrunk the left patch, so it didn't take much beating.)

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

here's a closeup of the patch damage i took last week

cracks are a bit more pronounced now

perhaps the lizard can heal its wounds with some good love (and maybe some obenaufs)

DSC02028.jpg

ive come to really like the patch contrast

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02139.jpg

chickens creation is still silky smooth

DSCF0984.jpg

pc270135vf2.jpg

my.php?image=pc270136tp6.jpg

i guess it's a battle of finding that fine line between the type of leather and the type of treatment you give it. if you torture it too much, you might be without one soon. if you don't do anything to it, it might be too boring.

i think in our dd+1's case, the combination of boiling, taking some salt water (or whatever almond did) and putting it through the dryers probably made them crack in several places. probably could have used some oiling to go with them. but it's an experiment and it looks cool right now. :D

Originally my PRPS jeans had a really light tan tag and the letters looked pretty faded. After one hot soak, the patch is a bit darker and the letters are much darker and more defined. But the patch is an ugle brown. It had almost a gray tint to it. I'm trying to darken it up a bit and give it a deepr brown. I'm thinking of getting some obenoufs leather oil. Any thoughts?

I got a PM about this, so I'll answer. If I did anything to the patch to make it look like this, then I don't remember. I never did anything special with this pair.

Beatle, have you posted good pics of the pair somewhere? I don't check the forums that much....

The wallet is fade is getting great :D