Imogene + Willie

dnsnlsn

you look silly in your tiny pants.

whats the obsession with getting super form fitting jeans?

They are not as tight as you think they are; they just fit. I can easily fit my hand in between my waist and the jeans. I think we get used to seeing jeans that are more of the antifit variety, then that makes jeans that fit look too tight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Like I said, my Bartons were reeking, as I have been doing a lot of work outside in them. So, I did a first cold hand wash in the tub the other night just a few days short of three months. I used Woolite.

50d4e2e1.jpg

c5b599e4.jpg

• 5 months later...

Has anyone bought or seen the 'Jack" Indigo Canvas Coat from I+M?

Im really interested to get some details about size and fit. I'd like to the know some actual measurements for each size.

I contacted them weeks and weeks ago and have been back and forth with them 'trying' to send me scans of the sizing but am still waiting and my e-mails seem to be going unanswered. Such a shame - i think the coat looks Good!

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's cool. And a decent price. I've handled their limited edition / jcrew plus wash jeans ($300+) and tees and wasn't overly impressed. I like the company a lot, but think their genius for marketing overshadows the actual quality of the product. Not to say it's bad quality, quite the contrary, but for the price, I think there are better deals to be had. Nothing new in the denim niche, I suppose.

Their jeans would be a good deal or around $150. I like my Willie's and they do repairs on them for free (they do an excellent job), but for $250 there's a lot better options out there. I do think it is awesome that they're making jeans here in the US and might get another pair if they were on sale in the future.

I do think they should focus less on hype and more on the jeans themselves.

• 1 month later...

A picture HEAVY update on my Bartons.

Wore these lightly for a little over a year. Probably 5 or 6 months worth of wear.

10+ washes

I am actually a bit disappointed with how these faded and I know its because I did not wear them enough and washed too often :( BUT these are my first selvedge jeans and my next pair will hopefully turn out better. Still love this pair though!

P1120673.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

P1120671.jpg

P1120666.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

P1120670.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

BEFORE & AFTERS

DSCN1442.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

Hate to say it but I think I'm falling of the wagon :(

I+W is just way overpricing their products. The jeans honestly, honestly, feel like 150 dollar jeans. I wish they would have added more details/quality to the jeans. At least throw on a leather patch guys! But that being said, I enjoyed wearing the bartons and will always cherish them for being my gateway drug to the world of denim.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

resurrecting this thread because it seems as good a place as any- Matt Hranek (of the awesome william brown project) has a new show out, The Alternate Route. The first episode is in Nashville, and has a section on Imogene & Willie. I'm watching it now, so not a full review, but very good so far! I've met Matt a few times, and he's a really good guy. For people in the US (or with a VPN  ;) ) it's at http://www.hulu.com/watch/558301#i0,p0,d0

• 1 year later...

Such a bummer that this thread hasn't gotten more play.  I have been an Imogene fan for years and have many great pairs.  I love how they wear, the feel, the fades.  One pair of mine has been used by I+W for their 5th year anniversary on display.  Carrie, the owner, comes from a long line of denim heritage and knows her stuff.  I will post some pics soon!