usa :: new york :: general

Analyst

by then most of the sufu members that don't know us are appalled and don't want to hang out with us anymore.

you sure it's not because they're afraid you'll spill drinks (or get sick) on their dior? anyway sounds cool to me (except for the shots). actually if you did all that in the spotted pig that would be brilliant

I'm wanting to hit up JG Melon's first, but I don't really mind any of the others.

And hey, if you find a place that doesn't card or care that you're getting drinks for underaged kids [or wait until I get a fake] I'm definitely up for hitting some bars.

Leonard Leroy is SERIOUS ! haha can't today bud wish i could... i usually try a burger spot every satuuurrday cept this up coming saturday it just so happens to be a bday dinner with the fam night. but you guys have fun and tell me in detail if numbers were exchanged and drunken dior spillzzorz happend haha

the way this would work:

we gat together for a burger at like 8pm, eat and drink. me, dark, omc and notesee drink like we're being deployed to afghanistan the next day. dark calls the waitress by some random name, omc offers her oral and we do shots of some ungodly alcohol.

by then most of the sufu members that don't know us are appalled and don't want to hang out with us anymore. one or two brave souls keep up with us through the night filled with underage girls, booze, and drugs. the night ends with omc speaking in swedish, dark making a new girls gone wild video and me running around at 6am looking for condoms.

epic.... i must be apart of this one day

who wants to hit up paul's tomorrow.

Sounds tempting...that is a favorite spot for my girl and I. Lunch or Dinner? Maybe.

Ate at JG Melon today for a hangover-curing Sunday lunch. First time, although I've lived a few blocks away ffrom this place for most of my life. Crazy, didn't hear about the burgers there til this thread...just thought it was a typical upper eastside bar from the outside. The fries were okay, but kinda lacked any flavor...so I agree with the statement about them lacking in that dept. The cheeseburgers we had were good...definitely blows the local popular shit burgers from Vynl, Jackson Hole, Wrap n Run, etc. outthe water.

I still think I favor Paul's though...a little more flavor in there. Both are great quality, greasy burgers (drunk)...but Paul's just has a little more kick...plus is a dollar or two less.

Still, glad I finally discovered this place...no excuse to settle on any other local (subpar) burgers for now on.

paul's is a bit too greasy for my taste, i prefer cozy in that area.

I've been lately really dissapointed with Corner Bistro, and probably will stop going there. Burgers just arent that good anymore.

for my money and convenience, I really enjoy Soho Park, quick, cheap, clean, cute girls inside, good location, etc...

edit: and its only 1/2 a block from supleem.

For Connecticut, you should check out Harry's in Colchester. It's practically a trailer that you order from, and all seating is picnic tables. They get crazy lines and the burgers are really great, although it's something you can't have often.

Also, you might want to try Augies & Rays, not amazing burgers, but it's a cool burger joint and has been around forever. They've won awards for hotdogs, and some other things I believe. It still draws in a pretty big lunch crowd.

I love burgers, usually just make my own though so I don't know a ton of good spots.

Also is Louis's Lunch the place in New Haven that only let you have select toppings? I went out there once but it was closed, can't remember what day of the week it was but it was weird for a business to be closed on that day.

CT? thats like half way to Canada
Unless you're getting a luxury bus full of nba cheerleaders for everyone, nobody is going to CT.
^^ Not trying to shit on you or be a wise ass, but isn't this NYC spots only (or at least if you mention some O.T. shit, state something local as well)...as the title of the thread suggests?

In the original post he mentioned a Connecticut burger spot that he plans to go to, so I thought it would be fine to add on to that.

it's kind of funny that people mention jersey spots no problem but connecticut is like on the dark side of the moon.

fwiw connecticut has a number of cheesburger places that are worth a detour if you're passing through - shady glen in manchester and ted's in meriden. they're more on the diner tip so you might get looked at askance if you're all togged out in your dior hommez

How did I forgot to mention Shady Glen??? I was there last friday. They have the best cheese. I don't really know how to describe how they cook it but the link below has some good pictures. They also have really good english muffins, I usually get my cheeseburger on an english muffin instead of a roll. Shady Glen is also well known for their ice cream, they serve some of the best milk shakes.

1894sd5.th.jpg

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=14

i was somewhat disappointed with ippudo.

first off, ippudo in japan is more low-key. it's a ramen joint and doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. ippudo in new york is a little too swanky for my taste.

second, the price is crazy. $13 bucks a bowl! ramen is supposed to be cheap.

third, the ippudos in japan has a bunch of toppings available on the table. they also have a this ramen sauce you can add to make the broth more flavorful. the ippudo in new york has NONE of these.

it's all good though. gonna be in japan soon, anyways.

yeah i forgot to criticize the lack of toppings and sauces and that barley tea they serve. and the price.

I went there for lunch again today and have ot say i was more impressed. the akamaru i had in ippudo for dinner was subpar but i wanted to point out that they also have a different lunch menu.

i tried the wakara (sp?) ramen (it has red spicy minced pork) and that was pretty damned good. it wasn't a dan dan noodle but similar. in fact, i think its better than nyc ippudo's akamaru so its worth trying. btw they dont serve shoyu or miso ramen for lunch.

(this ramen dining thing is bs)